Review my gameplay

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Well you look like you know all the basic techniques but your muscles are way way too tense to execute them.

This leads to forehand shots being weak, slow, and often times not even spinny. The kind of spin where your whole body goes into it and it's still weak, slow and not spinny. It also makes you miss the ball entirely.
For example:
5:12, 7:08, 9:16... Well actually all of the forehand shots. Body too tense.

Also it leads to dropping serve receives into the net because you're stiff-bodied moving INTO the ball, which is the only thing you can do when your muscles are tensed really, where instead you should be putting your spin on the ball. Moving into the ball stiffly only magnifies the spin on the serve and makes it more dangerous to you, so even a slightly underspin serve will drop straight into the net.

It is also why your chops tend towards high and long and miss the table (though I suppose the MX-P might also play a part here). Stiff movement with muscle so not absorbing the energy of the ball and not spinning it.

I suggest you try to loosen up so your body is loose except for at the moment you touch the ball. But that'll happen anyway naturally so never mind that, just try to be loose always.

You play better with your backhand because you don't try to put muscle into it and so everything is more relaxed and spinny, so that's an example there.
That's the most basic problem and I think working on that will improve your game all over.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Well you look like you know all the basic techniques but your muscles are way way too tense to execute them.

This leads to forehand shots being weak, slow, and often times not even spinny. The kind of spin where your whole body goes into it and it's still weak, slow and not spinny. It also makes you miss the ball entirely.
For example:
5:12, 7:08, 9:16... Well actually all of the forehand shots. Body too tense.

Also it leads to dropping serve receives into the net because you're stiff-bodied moving INTO the ball, which is the only thing you can do when your muscles are tensed really, where instead you should be putting your spin on the ball. Moving into the ball stiffly only magnifies the spin on the serve and makes it more dangerous to you, so even a slightly underspin serve will drop straight into the net.

You play better with your backhand because you don't try to put muscle into it and so everything is more relaxed and spinny, so that's an example there.

It is also why your chops tend towards high and long and miss the table (though I suppose the MX-P might also play a part here). Stiff movement with muscle so not absorbing the energy of the ball and not spinning it.

I suggest you try to loosen up so your body is loose except for at the moment you touch the ball. But that'll happen anyway naturally so never mind that, just try to be loose always.

That's the most basic problem and I think working on that will improve your game all over.
What a nice feedback, thanks a lot. That's a point of view I've not heard ultill, so it was very helpful.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
You're welcome Sir.
In the second video you can see how relaxed the penholder guy is and how spinny and good his topspins are as a result. Relaxation leads to a fluid shot because there are no tensed muscles to stiffen and weaken the movement or to hamper its fluidity.

A good example of a tensed up shot there is your shot at 8:20 I think.

You can also see a lot of muscle tension in your preparation for the shot which isn't good for the shot. It can tell you in advance that the motion cannot be fluid.

Good luck man, can't wait to see how you beat all these guys in a couple of months

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
You're welcome Sir.
In the second video you can see how relaxed the penholder guy is and how spinny and good his topspins are as a result. Relaxation leads to a fluid shot because there are no tensed muscles to stiffen and weaken the movement or to hamper its fluidity.

You can also see a lot of muscle tension in your preparation for the shot which isn't good for the shot. It can tell you in advance that the motion cannot be fluid.

Good luck man, can't wait to see how you beat all these guys in a couple of months
Yeah, both players are very good IMHO. Both start playing very early, I'm a older learner stating with 19 yo and maybe that's the cause of tense muscles.

After that spotlight I'll be more conscious about that.
=D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
You're welcome Sir.

PS: probably I will not be able to beat him doesn't matter how much I train but be able to give a tougher fight is a more realistic objective heheh

After these comments I became curious to see how well the penholder plays.
Then I opened the video and I immediately recognized the penholder you two were talking about. I unfortunately have to agree to your post above yuri :p

PS: I will not make a comment about your gameplay because I'm just a noob.

Last edited: