Butterfly Timo Boll ALC or Butterfly Innerforce ALC?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
In term of 1 step at a time. I suggest you replace 1 of your FH or BH rubbers only (which one you are better at). I think changing from Rakza 7 Soft to Rakza 7 could improve your speed a bit. If it not works (too fast), you can change back to your old setup without spend too much money.
I thought about this as well. All other posts being right in their own way and for their own reasons, you should have decent body dynamics after a lifetime of tennis and may enjoy the feel of a harder sponge. Here note that the thinking is not so much in terms of having a spotless learning curve (you should already be playing non-tensors, if we're going down the purists' way) but rather enjoyment and basically what feels right to you - which, given your profile and as others said, is probably the main thing. I'm also advising against TB + T05 but if I had been hitting as many tennis balls as you have, I may want something a little more direct in feel than a soft-sponged tensor. Maybe T64 or yes, Rakza 7 on your stronger side of the Primorac? Or that of a Korbel if you insist, but then again you could do these changes one at a time.

Given your background, part of me would still consider a non-tensor but actually going for the shots, which you should have no trouble with. I'm actually thinking about this for myself, I have an experienced training partner who uses Mark V HPS Soft on backhand and I am not sure what's more impressive, the spin or the consistency in his play. At the very least he couldn't be accused of holding back...

So, summing up: it's not the equipment, it's the player, but there has to be a good connection between your brain and the end result, hence the "feeling natural" and people advising to stick with any one setup.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Hi sspark80, while the sponge is the same on the 05FX and 64FX, the topsheet of the 05FX is more bouncy/lively while that of the 64FX is more linear and stable also feeling a bit softer while being less heavy by 2-3g per sheet once cut. Overall it offers more control.

The Virtuoso OFF- is an amazing blade, I own one and am thinking of ordering another with a slightly larger headsize like the Korbel's. Anyway, at our level, it pairs well with rubbers such as the Tenergy FX series (64, 80, 05), Tibhar FX-P, Andro R42, Xiom Vega Europe... in 1.9-2.0 mm.

Thanks for the information, thomas.pong. I'll keep that in mind when I order new rubber (hopefully for Christmas.) Good to know about the 64fx vs 05fx; I tend to struggle in tight matches if my setup is too bouncy/reactive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Hi all,

OP here. Thanks again for all the input and advice...I really appreciate it. Again...without the ability to actualy "try before you buy" guys like you are very helpful and appreciated. When I played tennis....I would always try out different racquets and strings a few times each before deciding on what is best for me...by doing so...I ended up using the same stuff for a really long time.

So...after listening to you all...it is clear to me (at my mediocre/still learning level) that neither of my original paddle choices make much sense....for a whole bunch of reasons your recomendations of the Petr Korbel wood seem about perfect for me. I also ran this same question to the folks at Butterfly, as well as a few of the more common independent sellers here in the US...and both also recomended the Korbel for me instead of the carbon blades...without me ever mentioning the Korbel blade.

Re the rubbers...it is also clear that T05 is way too much for me. My Raksa 7 soft is good...I am used to it and comfortable with it. I am curious to try a Tenergy though...so am now thinking I may go for the T05 FX and if I don't like it...I can always take it off and get another Raksa 7 Soft to put on the Korbel.

Thanks again...really appreciate it. If I can remember...maybe I will take some video of my current Primorac/Raksa 7 soft and then the Korbel/T05 FX if it can help others in the future...again...if I can remember!

Colebob

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Korbel and 05fx both sides is a fantastic combo playable at pro level. My advice to you is thus, get it and keep it forever. Otherwise you will forever EJ and your bank account will not be happy í ½í¸†.

I guess there’s something to this. Yet when choosing between t05fx and r7s, I’d go with r7s any day.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
As for me I would stick with my current old equipment. It is the steady hand and consistency make a good player. Just check your old rubbers to see if you are hitting the balls on the same sweet spot. If the dullness are all over the rubbers than you need practise to improve your consistency... Equipments will not be able to do that.