Who do you think will win the Qatar Open 2019?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Hugo Calderano

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Lee Sang Su

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Koki Niwa

• Jun Mizutani

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 20 26.0%

• Total voters
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Amazing match b/w Ito/Hayata and Cheng Hsien-Tzu and Chen Szu-Yu.

Reactions: Vlad Celler

K.P

This user has no status.

K.P

This user has no status.
Feb 2017
fyi tables 1 and 2 are available on laola1 for those including me that cant access the ittf version

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
In C.I.C. seems to be a problem?

Nevertheless, TPE leads ... Strong couple .....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
If Ito loses, she's gonna vent all her anger on Ding Ning. DN will then become the next Zhu Yuling??

Reactions: jawien

NDH

says Spin to win!
It's funny. On women's side, only Asian players are left by round 2. Han Ying is German, but still technically Asian in my book.

Just to add to this comment which has caused a bit of a back and forth.....

As a native English speaker, I read this as....

"Whilst Han Ying has a German passport, in reality, she's an Asian in disguise".

I didn't read it as "her technique is that of an Asian style due to her training" - Although, if you really wanted to, you could argue that's what it was meant to say (only @usualsuspect knows what they meant by this).

As someone who doesn't follow the pro game very closely (especially the women's game), I actually like to know where people had their upbringing/training.

With the Chinese being so dominant, and many Chinese born and trained professionals finding citizenship in other countries, it's interesting (for me), to know if Player X is a European born player, with European training - Or if they have earned their citizenship through other means, and had training elsewhere (generally, it's China).

That doesn't take anything away from who they are - They are absolutely still German, British, or whatever country their passport says.

But from my point of view, I like to know where they had their training.

Jan 2018
Morizono pulling his own weight at last.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
As a native English speaker, I read this as....
"Whilst Han Ying has a German passport, in reality, she's an Asian in disguise". [...]

Yeah, but still within the context o table tennis, so perfectly all right imho. Just pointing to her tt upbringing ...
I ... this is the last post from me on this topic.
: )

Jan 2018
WTTC quality matches!!! w00t!!

2:2, 8:8, TO by LYJ/CIC, 8:9, 9:9, 9:10(epic chiquita by LYJ), 10:10(failed chiquita on Morizono's no-spin serve), 10:11, 11:11, 11:12(Morizono's 3rd failed chiquita), 12:12(epic Ito returned LYJ's chiquita to CIC's wide FH), 13:13, 14:14, 16:14.

Ito is the man!!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Oh no, not again. Pls give me a break.

So you US-Boys & Gals only let American Natives play, 'cause technically the others are Europeans, Asians and Africans?

Where do you draw the line?

Sorry, but this kinda thinking is totally backwards...

Thanks.

Not sure why you guys are making a big deal out of this. I'm just being honest here. Han Ying was born in China and a former member of CNT. I bet her Chinese is still better than her German.

Although it's a moot point now, the top 8 are all Asians (6 of them Chinese, 7 of them use Chinese as their primarily language).

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Not sure why you guys are making a big deal out of this. I'm just being honest here. Han Ying was born in China and a former member of CNT. I bet her Chinese is still better than her German.

Although it's a moot point now, the top 8 are all Asians (6 of them Chinese, 7 of them use Chinese as their primarily language).

If I remember correctly her german is/was pretty bad. I mean she has been living in germany for a many years, she even has a husband in germany. And of course she has a german citizenship. So I was quite surprised that her german was less than convincing.

on a sidenote. Really ITTF, the stream dies at a score of 13-13 in the final game? Come on...

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Not sure why you guys are making a big deal out of this.

Mmm. I think the age where that naïvity was maintainable has long since past.

You might really not realize, but you’re playing instruments resounding race and nation here. Again. These tones never were innocent, and that has been overtly and painfully established over the course of history: distant past, near past and present alike.

So while Suga’s words and imagery may be vehement and even harsh, he has the right side of it when it boils down to basics. A cancer, not a nosebleed.

You’re not sure why and playing mute. Please take a moment to consider. It’s fairly plain to see.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Suga ... but you just risk accusing people of the intentions, they do not have ...

If one just scratches the surface then yes, I would have to agree admittingly, but if one looks a bit deeper, then one might find out that these kind of statements mostly come from people that value race over nationality which is completely ridiculous by itself already. (I´ll elaborate on this a bit further in a minute.)

Or even worse: they relate nationality to race. But the world is not like that (anymore). That´s why i brought up the example with the US. ´Cause if you look at it like that, then ONLY American natives can really be called Americans, at some point all the others were migrants or are their descendants. So this argumentation doesn´t make any sense at all in my eyes.

Now let me quickly get back to the ridiculousity of "races".

There is a scientific concensus that there is only ONE human race and in a way EVERYONE is related to [EVERYBODY[/B]. All the little differences between humans are related to environmental influences. Nothing else. In fact actually Orang Utans genetically could be seen as humans. The genetical differences between us are only marginal. So speaking of race in terms of humanity is completely bollocks IMHO and makes the whole discussion obsolete.

Or like Usain Bolt used to say: I don´t have any race issues. I win them!

38691009_2187750051253415_6714566143295619072_n.jpg
Screenshot_20190329-163651_Instagram.jpg

Nuff of the derailing here, lookin forward to watch Timo vs the Captain and Franz vs Koki
[Emoji]

Sometimes, you have to get to know who you are talking to to get where they are coming from. If you get to know Suga D, you will understand what drives him. Sure you and others are the same. It is hard to communicate on the internet. Harder in forum posts.

Thank U

Last edited:
Reactions: RidTheKid
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Not sure I understand what you mean. What reference am I missing?

There used to be hordes of ZJK fans, so many that they’d drown out all others.

If that mass went for Harimoto with the same zeal, that might just form a massive DDoS attack on the streaming infrastructure.

A joke, of course.

Reactions: Suga D