Is this blade too fast for me?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Did you get one of those hollow WRB handles? Maybe that's why.

Reactions: Suga D

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
[video]https://www.facebook.com/paul.smyth.104/videos/pcb.10219648609186340/10219648556505023/?type=3&theater&ifg=1[/video]

This is me playing using the Donic Waldner 2016 Jo Shape which is stiffer and feels more controlled, same rubbers. Harder to loop with!!

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
So if I am playing an inverted stroke still with the SP, do you think I should try a more modern spinny short pimple?
I have been having improved results with the Spectol Red, but it feels like more of a non spinny pimple.

I have a sheet of Victas 102. Maybe this would suit me bh more, I could still work on punching with the SP still, but I would gain some grip from the softer spinnier pimple.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Why would you use short pimple if you are doing an inverted stroke? Van not use the same technique.

cache.php

NDH

says Spin to win!
NDH what is your name?

Hey guys Lula especially, do you really really think I should go back to reversed on my bh?
Do you not think it is worth me improving my pimple technique?

I am quite confused myself by what I think I should do?

Hey Simon, my name is Nick - You'll see me post sporadically on the "everything Table Tennis" facebook group.

I don't know you personally, I can only go by what I see you post here (and there).

If you want to genuinely improve, you need to stop switching equipment - I know it's a running joke on the forums/groups, but there is just no way you can seriously improve if you are swapping every other week.

In the short time I've been on those groups, I think I've seen you use 4 different blades (in 3 months) haha!

God knows how many rubbers you've been through......

Personally, I think you should stick to inverted on both sides, find a set up you are comfortable with now, and forget about the rest of it.

I know you'll ignore me ;) but if you want to improve, you can't be swapping all the time!

Reactions: RidTheKid