55BOLL TimoGER13840
67LEE SangsuKOR13359
76CALDERANO HugoBRA12665
89NIWA KokiJPN12196
9 13LIANG JingkunCHN12089
1011JANG WoojinKOR11939

<tbody>
</tbody>

Only one top ten player LJK gets in the semifinal. What is going on with this WTTC tournament? Possibly due to the rating system lol....;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Not sure if this has been said, but the lack of what I’d call “traditional” sportsmanship is severely lacking in the professional ranks.

The crap handshakes, the celebrating with coaches before shaking the hand of the other player, it all seems just a little off to me.

I thought it was a culture thing initially (the Asian players seemed to prefer a bit of a “high 5” rather than a proper hand shake), but it’s the same with a lot of Europeans as well.

Its not how I was brought up! Haha

How many sports do you get asked to shake hands with the guy who just beat you after a difficult loss? It is a difficult thing and the TT players do just as well as everyone else IMO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
All of them??

American football - Guys will seek out some guys and give cordial handshakes or say "good game" then head off. They're not expected to though.
NBA - Same.

Asked to do it and basically expected? Outside of TT, i can't really think of any off the top of my head.

______

I don't have a problem with guys being disappointed. Think of your own most personal, disappointing loss and ask yourself if your handshake felt genuine or if you did it with a big ole smile on your face. :D Of course not. You did it and went about your business. And that's how we react as amateurs. Imagine if it was your livelihood and basically everything you're about.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
American football - Guys will seek out some guys and give cordial handshakes or say "good game" then head off. They're not expected to though.
NBA - Same.

Asked to do it and basically expected? Outside of TT, i can't really think of any off the top of my head.

You shake hands in every individual sport mate. TT, tennis, snooker, martial arts, chess, you name it.
Most players will shake hands in team sports too.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Even in table tennis the post-match etiquette is an unwritten rule.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
You shake hands in every individual sport mate. TT, tennis, snooker, martial arts, chess, you name it.
Most players will shake hands in team sports too.

Fair enough. But his point was that he felt they did it half heatedly and I think it's a little ridiculous to expect a lot more of them outside of just doing it which they do.

This user has no status.
NBA - Same.

______

I don't have a problem with guys being disappointed. Think of your own most personal, disappointing loss and ask yourself if your handshake felt genuine or if you did it with a big ole smile on your face. :D Of course not. You did it and went about your business. And that's how we react as amateurs. Imagine if it was your livelihood and basically everything you're about.

I have never played a sport where it isn't expected. Including basketball. But maybe it's different in Europe. Certainly every single individual sport it's expected. Can you name one that isn't?

Jan 2018
9TA1KD0.jpg

uzf5KYu.jpg

LWzHevq.jpg

7NFZIMz.jpg

vsklGh5.jpg

UGf5Bxc.jpg

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Guys, what is this you're discussing? Is anyone watching the match? I'm starting to believe the Wang Hao theory. I think in the final An Jaehyun will remove his mask and reveal that he was Wang Hao all this time, returning to test Ma Long in one last WTTC.