Switching from ELS

This user has no status.
Hello guys,
I'm currently using Evolution EL-S on my forehand. I've been using this particular rubber for years. Now I would like to change my setup. I'm searching a rubber similar to EL-S with a bit more speed, the same spin (even more), a similar sponge hardness and a little higher trow angle.
What type of rubber should I buy? Hexer grip series ? Rasanter series? Victas v15 series? Fastarc G-1? Bluestorm series?
I'm not considering dignics or tenergy as an suitable alternative.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Try putting a little tiny bit of baby oil and a little tiny bit of paraffin on the sponge of the ELS; spread it evenly; and then put it back on and try it. See how it feels like that. A very small amount of each. They should make the ELS feel a tiny bit faster and more dynamic.

It is a lot faster but it does not feel hard due to its soft and thin topsheet
I don't know.. I've never tried O7P, don't you think that is too fast and too hard? Moreover I not sure that the spin is comparable to the El-S's one.

To be honest, every rubber listed here so far will never fit the properties "like EL-S but a little bit faster".
MX-S is a totally different rubber, the MX-P has a lower throw, the G1 is hard with very linear catapult.
The only options might be an EL-S with thicker sponge if you are playing 1.9-2.0 or maybe a Hexer Powergrip. The only thing which is different to the EL-S is the throw. But to be honest, the EL-S has one of the highest throws I've witnessed so far.
The EL-S is indeed a very unique rubber and finding something similar is really hard.

Reactions: TTLOVE
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
To be honest, every rubber listed here so far will never fit the properties "like EL-S but a little bit faster".
MX-S is a totally different rubber, the MX-P has a lower throw, the G1 is hard with very linear catapult.
The only options might be an EL-S with thicker sponge if you are playing 1.9-2.0 or maybe a Hexer Powergrip. The only thing which is different to the EL-S is the throw. But to be honest, the EL-S has one of the highest throws I've witnessed so far.
The EL-S is indeed a very unique rubber and finding something similar is really hard.

This is why I suggested adding a tiny bit of paraffin and a tiny bit of mineral oil to a sheet of ELS and see how it plays. I could have said, "a tiny bit of booster." They would do very similar things. Mineral oil and paraffin both have a boost effect. But if you wanted to use a booster you buy, that would work too.

It is worth seeing how ELS feels with a very small amount of boost.....Or more if you want.

This user has no status.
You are right, I tried many of this rubbers in the past (MX-P, MX-S etc.), I'm using the 2.2 mm sponge version (max thickness), do you think that hexer grip max will suit me?