Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Some peoples got a lot of free time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Holy shit, I feel sorry to create this mess :/
To be honest I did not read everything but here my thoughts.
My idea was : I tried to play with a "partner" blade for fun and I found the blade quite good and interesting because I had a better feeling meaning better dwell time and very linear compared to my Viscaria which is faster and direct.
So my question was just to know if there is blade (wood or carbon I don't mind) that has the same speed (or more) of the Viscaria but with less nervousness.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My idea was : I tried to play with a "partner" blade for fun and I found the blade quite good and interesting because I had a better feeling meaning better dwell time and very linear compared to my Viscaria which is faster and direct.
So my question was just to know if there is blade (wood or carbon I don't mind) that has the same speed (or more) of the Viscaria but with less nervousness.

This is probably your best answer:

According to TTGearLab measurements, the Stiga Ebenholz VII has similar speed and ball hold characteristics to the TB Spirit / Viscaria.

Obviously the the outer ply is harder, but at least the measurements are clear.

https://ttgearlab.com/2017/02/06/comparison-stiga-hardwood-series/

Stiga Ebenholz VII. :)

But since you are saying with carbon may be okay as well, you may also like a DHS W968 or a ML 5.

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews

My honest view is that the answer is no. But a change of rubber could get you where you might want to be. I don't know if you are boosting your FH rubber or not. If so, boost less? On Backhand maybe instead of Tenergy 05, try Razena.

And of course, you already mentioned getting Mantra. It is extremely linear as a rubber goes. Rubbers like that changed my life. (I have played with Viscaria since 2007).

The one thing is I have no idea how a Chinese player used to tacky forehand rubber will react to it. It is worth a try.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
what's more appalling to me is that this is a thread about blades and nobody mentioned rule 20. A true loss for the gods.

It is certainly possible that the gods have abandoned us as a result of constant violations of The Rules. Indeed the OP should buy the Clipper, and a heavier Viscaria, and then the Xiom blade Yogi was recommending. It is the enlightened ones like bricec who remind us of the True Way and who give us hope that wisdom has not vanished from this generation. Perhaps it is because he is from France.

Ba'al has spoken.

Recall TTD forumites!!!

Rule 20 The correct number of blades to own is n + 1 where n is the number you own now. An exemption can be made for players in committed relationships, in which case the correct number is s-1, where s is the number of blades that causes your spouse or partner to leave you.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
IMG_1424.jpgIMG_1425.jpgIMG_1426.jpg

I found it :D
It was an "old" DHS/Nittaku Wang Liqin blade, 5 ply.
This all-wood blade has a really great feeling but I'm definitely playing better with a carbon blade, guess I'm used to it and it will be difficult to go back.
I got a DHS 301 (inner carbon) from a Chinese friend with a heavier weight than my Viscaria, 93g vs 83/84g.
I put a Hurricane 3 with one less layer of booster and used Mantra H for backhand without booster and I loved this setup. Good stability (thanks to the weight I guess) and controllable power. But I still prefer the Viscaria because it is faster and feels easier to counter (I play close/mid table).
So I think I will follow your advice Baal, using less booster and try the Mantra H on my backhand instead of the T05. I'm just curious if a heavier Viscaria could be the perfect blade for me ?
Anyway I definitely should stop trying too much things, I don't want to become an EJ :/

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
My honest view is that the answer is no. But a change of rubber could get you where you might want to be. I don't know if you are boosting your FH rubber or not. If so, boost less? On Backhand maybe instead of Tenergy 05, try Razena.

And of course, you already mentioned getting Mantra. It is extremely linear as a rubber goes. Rubbers like that changed my life. (I have played with Viscaria since 2007).

The one thing is I have no idea how a Chinese player used to tacky forehand rubber will react to it. It is worth a try.

Do you play Mantra both sides ? H or M ?

says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
If money is not a primary concern, I'd throw in a Stiga Dynasty Carbon. Although carbon is has an excellent touch (woody feeling) and is very linear in speed. It plays exceptionally well with harder rubbers (I use it with XIOM Omega 7 Pro and Asia).
I wont be able to judge on the speed compared to Viscaria (I never owned one), but if you get one on the heavier side, speed should be sufficient for most of us humble players (and it is fast enough for Xu Xin). :cool: