A new blade for Dimitri Ovtcharov?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Og maybe Innerforce style was meant in terms of a carbon blade with more feeling (due to the senso) and not in terms of playing caracteristics. But in other pics, has it showed an inner carbon blade?

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Interesting. It looks like a slightly thicker Viscaria which, if it's a Limba outer as well (which seems to have been DO's preference) basically means this is a Freitas ALC with a Donic Senso style handle.

But ... Dan's video definitely says "Innerforce ALC style" blade.

I suppose that means he's still experimenting with various options.
I am ABSOLUTELY sure, that the blade (with the hollow Viscaria handle) in this picture has a koto outer layer and not limba. If you look at the bottom of the handle you can clearly see the special structure of koto. Koto looks like a "honeycomb". No other wood is as easy to verify like koto.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Wouldn´t that be something, when after years of playing all sorts of different blades with a Donic handle he´d take the one that he "actually, finally, really, now we don´t mean really like we meant when we said really before, we mean really really" plays to Butterfly to start the same shit all over again "until they can make a new blade for him"?

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5429809166?pid=115193648164&cid=123920538100#123920538100
奥恰洛夫其实不止底板是换柄968,球鞋也是贴标款美津浓
...由此可见,虽然是多尼克的签约球员,但比赛最重要的球拍和球鞋都不是来自多尼克
...他本人也是贴标的德国人,是移民
...用最好的东西,贴自己的牌
In fact, not only is Ovtcharov using the 968 with a swapped handle, but he's also wearing the Donic-branded shoes by Mizuno
...It can be seen that although he is a contract player of Donic, the blade and shoes, the most important things in a game, are not from Donic
...He himself is a branded German, an immigrant
...Use the best things, but with your own brand

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I am ABSOLUTELY sure, that the blade (with the hollow Viscaria handle) in this picture has a koto outer layer and not limba. If you look at the bottom of the handle you can clearly see the special structure of koto. Koto looks like a "honeycomb". No other wood is as easy to verify like koto.
I don't get how you can be so sure. It's a bit blurry, and the only honey comb structure I can see is for the middle layer. Top layers are very thin, so I don't get how you can recognize a structure from the the side in a slightly blurry place in the picture [emoji23]
BUT you might very well be right that it is koto. Then it would most likely be an Ovtcharov True Carbon with Butterfly handle :)

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I don't get how you can be so sure. It's a bit blurry, and the only honey comb structure I can see is for the middle layer. Top layers are very thin, so I don't get how you can recognize a structure from the the side in a slightly blurry place in the picture [emoji23]
BUT you might very well be right that it is koto. Then it would most likely be an Ovtcharov True Carbon with Butterfly handle :)

it's most likely a Butterfly comp, Butterfly has an extreme capacity to produce special blades for their sponsored players within days. So many of their players have custom blades produced by them with no lens, whereas many players sponsored by other brands have to use or disguise Butterfly blades to play what they want.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I don't get how you can be so sure. It's a bit blurry, and the only honey comb structure I can see is for the middle layer. Top layers are very thin, so I don't get how you can recognize a structure from the the side in a slightly blurry place in the picture

I am talking about this layer:

On these pictures you can see the structure of the koto veneer better:

Once again: I am sure that the blade in the picture has a koto outer layer

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I am talking about this layer:

On these pictures you can see the structure of the koto veneer better:

Once again: I am sure that the blade in the picture has a koto outer layer
I know which layer you meant. But I guess you just know your woods better than I do to be able to notice such subtle details ;)

I can't see the medium sized pics (last 2) on my smartphone properly. Looks totally blurred [emoji23]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I received my Donic Ovtcharov No.1 Senso and played it back to back with the Layer Innerforce ALC. And I think that they are similar, but Ovtcharov is more in every regard. I've played only one training with the Donic blade though. They have different dimensions too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Ovtcharov No.1 Senso is amazing. It was impulse purchase (I don't EJ much and usually play with a blade more than a year) and I found it has better feeling than IF ALC and more gears.
It's like ALL+ blade in short game and solid OFF when looping.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Ovtcharov No.1 Senso is amazing. It was impulse purchase (I don't EJ much and usually play with a blade more than a year) and I found it has better feeling than IF ALC and more gears.
It's like ALL+ blade in short game and solid OFF when looping.
Sounds like BT777 in that regard. But I Don't expect them to behave and feel similarly.