Recommendation of Light Weight Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Current after some light weight Attack rubber.

I have noticed that the Dignics are fairly light and also the Victas 11 Extra.

Anyone know of any attack rubber thats under 50g after cut?

My current rubbers are Mizuno GF Pro & Nittaku Fastarc P-1 (This one is real heavy however is a super good rubber... MY Previous rubber was Rasanter v47 which was fairly light) My bat weight is now 189g and I find it extremely heavy and unbearable .... the blade that I really like and intend to get is Innerforce ALC (Which is impossible to find one under 88g with FL handle - Currently using Mizutani ZLC)

Any recommendation appreciated, play style = similar to Nagasaki Miyuu with lots of back hand and forehand mainly to lift up ball or obvious easy shots, so back hand can start fast rally and attack.

Thank you.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I've found most of the new "Hybrid" style rubbers like Rakza Z, Dignics, Xiom Omega 7 China, Donic Bluegrip C, etc are all very heavy. Rakza Z is on the lighter side and in 2.0 it measured 51g cut for me, although I would give at least a 5 percent error on that, given that I have different scales to you, cut to a different blade, rubbers vary naturally, etc. My Hurricane 3-50 is about 45 cut after boosting. I have not measured any others recently, but I can say that the Tibhar MX series and Andro Rasanter series are both notably lighter lighter than Rakza Z or blue sponge hurricane 3. When I switched to RZ the weight did take some getting used to, my serve motion in particular was off for a while, but it was worth it in the long run.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
TIbhar Aurus Select, Rozena, Joola Ryzen CMD... For backhand you probably don't need the 2.3mm sponge so you can go with 2.0 or 2.1mm. And then you are around 45g with Aurus Select and the Rhyzen CMD on a standard Butterfly blade. These are rather cheap rubbers too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

I found the Xiom Vega Europe, and Xiom Omega Pro rubbers to be lighter .. Pretty sure, both weigh under 50gm, after cutting..

If you don't mind Chinese ​​​​​​brands, then do check-out Palio AK-47 (Red, Blue Yellow Sponge) ..

I would definitely not consider G-1 as a light weight.
It weighs around the same as Rakza 7.

I can agree on Xiom Vega Europe and one that hasn’t been mentioned Yasaka MarkV HPS. The last one is pretty slow and requires a “fastish” blade.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
The Friendship 729 Focus III Snipe 2.3mm sponge (now just called the Focus III apparently) is pretty light at circa 47gms cut.

Non-tacky Euro style rubber, it has a *very slight* tensor-style catapult effect to it, but it's definitely far more linear than almost all other large pore sponge tensors.

Softer sponge than almost all other popular Chinese rubbers. Very similar in speed and control to a Xiom Vega Europe or Tuttle Beijing IV, but slightly less spin than the Vega.

A very good forehand rubber and fantastic on the backhand. Now made by ESN apparently under licence from 729... IMO one of the very best value-for-money rubbers you can get. Highly recommended!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
The Friendship 729 Focus III Snipe 2.3mm sponge (now just called the Focus III apparently) is pretty light at circa 47gms cut.

Non-tacky Euro style rubber, it has a *very slight* tensor-style catapult effect to it, but it's definitely far more linear than almost all other large pore sponge tensors.

Softer sponge than almost all other popular Chinese rubbers. Very similar in speed and control to a Xiom Vega Europe or Tuttle Beijing IV, but slightly less spin than the Vega.

A very good forehand rubber and fantastic on the backhand. Now made by ESN apparently under licence from 729... IMO one of the very best value-for-money rubbers you can get. Highly recommended!

I also have used this and like it quite a lot, although IMO without boosting, it's unusable. The topsheet has no tension on it, and feels horribly mushy out of the box. A similar effect might be achievable by stretching the rubber a lot when you glue it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews

I also have used this and like it quite a lot, although IMO without boosting, it's unusable. The topsheet has no tension on it, and feels horribly mushy out of the box. A similar effect might be achievable by stretching the rubber a lot when you glue it.

I've used more than 3 sheets of Focus III Snipe (not the new version), and although, it does not have a very pronounced tension effect, it is still a very usable rubber, without boosting..Infact, I've never boosted this rubber. I think it's available in various sponge hardness options.. I've played with 42° and 44° (I think), and did not feel mushy at all, It does not have any stand-out feature, but it does everything well.. Very good allround rubber, and excellent price : performance..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
KTL Pro-XT "Green Dragon"
black 47.77g 163x167mm 0.177g/cm^2

Yes, that's no typo. 48 gram uncut weight. And this is for Max Sponge. It's no Tenergy, though.. :lol:

Of course, this is a sample size of one. :lol:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Tuttle world No 1 latest version is good value and has good spin & speed with ABS ball on an Off- or faster blade. Has a medium hard quite direct speed glue feel rather than tensor.