Need recommendation. Rubbers like dignics 05 but lighter

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
As title said. I play w968 h3 on FH, with d05 sometime it become a little bit too heavy. I was wondering if there are rubbers like d05 but lighter?

Here's what i prefer

1. Ligther than d05
2. a little harder and less spin sensitive compare to d05
3. Not h3 i tried h3 on backhand, its a bit too slow.

Ideal rubber is actually blue sponge 39 degree boosted but i already have blue sponge on my FH so i have to find something else.

This user has no status.
Yasaka Thunder Dragon could be great (is lighter and a little harder, less spin sensitive, tackier than D05, though it might be a slower/performs well after you boost it litely, better hand feel, no hollow bounce, drawback might be: no easy shots from far back court with good quality when you are out of position and topsheet quality after boosting (if you are not careful) can get seperated from the sponge more easily when you accidentaly hit the table with backhand flip)

I would be careful when it comes to trusting reviews online on this rubber, because it definitely requires proficient technique. Table Tennis Gan (a really skilled player) has great rubber and blade reviews on YouTube that could help guide your search.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
As title said. I play w968 h3 on FH, with d05 sometime it become a little bit too heavy. I was wondering if there are rubbers like d05 but lighter?

Here's what i prefer

1. Ligther than d05
2. a little harder and less spin sensitive compare to d05
3. Not h3 i tried h3 on backhand, its a bit too slow.

Ideal rubber is actually blue sponge 39 degree boosted but i already have blue sponge on my FH so i have to find something e
Have you considered Nittaku Z2, Victas 22, Donic Z1 Turbo?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Ideal rubber is actually blue sponge 39 degree boosted but i already have blue sponge on my FH so i have to find something else.

Go full blue ;) Hurricane 9 Blue Sponge might work but I doubt that it's much lighter than D05.
If you don't mind how your blade looks like than simply leave a gap between rubber and handle like many cpen players do.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
D05 in 1.9mm or even 1.7mm.

May 2018
Go full blue ;) Hurricane 9 Blue Sponge might work but I doubt that it's much lighter than D05.
If you don't mind how your blade looks like than simply leave a gap between rubber and handle like many cpen players do.
interesting, what's h9 like?

This user has no status.
Palio AK47 Reds could fit the bill nicely, but only if you're teaming them with a blade that has either hinoki (or hinoki-like) outer layer woods, or else (and even better) are using a one-ply blade.

Without the hinoki outers, AK47 Reds are a slightly-better-than-average non-tacky rubber from China. They have good to very good levels of spin, speed and control, with mid-hard sponge (45 to 47 degrees). They still retain a slightly 'spongy' feel at that hardness, and are also extremely light at just 38-40gm cut.

Only a short lifespan on them sadly, as the cut edges tend to fray, chip and lose small patches of top-sheet very quickly -- thankfully their very low retail price compensates brilliantly for their short life. They are also very insensitive to incoming spin like you mentioned (despite being quite adept at creating plenty of spin of their own.)

When mounted on a super-bouncy outer wood like hinoki however, in my experience these rubbers really go up a notch, and start bordering on premium-rubber territory with their performance -- especially when actively blocking, counter-hitting, or power-looping at medium distance :cool::cool:

Given you can currently buy AK47 Reds on Aliexpress.com for less than $20 Australian each (ie: less than 12 Euro a pop!), in my opinion they're almost a no-brainer for offensive-minded fans of hinoki blades.

I wouldn't try boosting them though, as I suspect they might fall apart -- their softer top sheet makes them pretty fragile already. Besides which, here the hinoki outers will gives you the exact same effect without any extra effort.

The AK47 Blue is the soft-sponge version of the same rubber, and at 38-40 degrees it teams with hinoki even better than the Reds do IMO... but then again, soft-sponge rubbers aren't everybody's cup of tea.

Hope this helps - good luck with it :)

Last edited: