Need opinions on Hinoki blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Few weeks back, went to my local TT store to buy rubbers and neither Fastarc G-1 (FH) nor Aurus soft (BH) was available. However the coach there suggested me to try Andro Rasanter C-48 on FH and and Rasanter Hexer powergrip on BH, both with medium thickness. Powergrip was still not available so I’ve only tried the C-48 on FH so far. I’ve mixed feeling for this rubber.

service and short game is better, compared to Fastarc G-1. C48 feels harder than Fastarc G-1 and less grippy. when making forehand topspin loops, the action needs to be more precise, in other words c48 seem to be less forgiving than Fastarc G1 however when done properly, c48 seem to produce more spin, so a very good rubber for third ball attack kind of game. The sound made with C48 is more profound. For the first few days I didn’t like c48 but overtime I’m getting a hang of it. I don’t know yet if I will stick with this rubber or again go back to Fastarc G-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I've been playing with my current setup (Jonyer Hinoki, Rasanter c48 on FH and Hexergrip on BH) for past three months and I am very very happy with this setup. The feeling and control is undoubtable the best so far. I've been playing at a local club and play competition (Dutch NTTB class 4 now) for about 4 years now. In last 4 years I've been through many different combinations of blades and rubbers (list below), because just like many newcomers in this field, I wanted to try different options out there. I don't think trying out different combinations is necessarily bad but It does cost a lot of money, time and also might mislead you in believing incorrect theories.

1. Stiga Allround Classic WRB, Rakza 7, Rakza 7
  2. Stiga Allround Classic WRB, Rasanter r47, Rasanter r47
  3. Andro Treiber CI Off, Rasanter r47, Rasanter r47
  4. Andro Treiber CI Off, Hurricane Neo 3 (Orange sponge), Rasanter r47
  5. Stiga Infinity VPS V, Hurricane Neo 3 (Orange sponge), Rakza X
  6. Stiga Allround Classic WRB, Hurricane Neo 3 (Blue sponge), Rasanter r47
  7. Stiga Allround Classic WRB, Hurricane Neo 3 (Orange sponge), Rasanter r47
  8. Stiga Allround Classic WRB, Rasanter r47, Tenergy 05 Fx
  9. Viscaria, Friendship Battle 2, Rasanter r53
  10. Viscaria, Skyline TG3, Rasanter r53
  11. Viscaria, Tenergy 19, Dignics 80
  12. Neottec Voodoo classic, Fastarc G-1, Neottec x5-M
  13. Jonyer Hinoki, Fastarc G-1, Neottec x5-M
  14. Jonyer Hinoki, Rasanter c48, Neottec x5-M
  15. Jonyer Hinoki, Rasanter c48, Rasanter Hexergrip <--- Current​
I learned many lesson along the way, most clearly is that the ability to have good control and feel is utmost important in this sport, which unsurprisingly comes from slow setup. Speed is NEVER an issue (at least at amateur level), we have enough body mass to generate whatever power we need.

Reactions: rbtitco
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Here are my suggestions:

1. Darker 7p-2a, a 7ply all-hinoki blade, 6,5 mm thick (off-). This is a moderately fast blade with a very good feel. It would pair very well with your rubbers.

2. Darker 5p-2a 5ply, a hinoki-hybrid blade (has two lindenwood plies next to the core), 6,5mm thick, it plays a bit faster and more direct than the 7p-2a. It's in the off range. I have played it for three years.

I have never played with the Septear, but it must be good, too. It's cheaper than the Darker blades. Keep your hands off of the Darker 7p-2a.7t which is a 7mm thick all-hinoki blade. It's very fast, has a very high throw and is very, very bouncy. Not good for close to table strategies.

Another option could also be the the Darker 7p-2a Carbon, which is an innerforce 5+2 blade ( 5x hinoki, 2x carbon). I play this blade myself. It is not very fast (although one might think so), lower end of off, I would say. It's very spinny, has a fantastic feel and is very controlled. The downside is its price! Compared 5p-2a I would say that it is better for blocking since it has less bounce. I play close to the table myself and this blade is extremely good for that, if one likes the soft feeling of hinoki. Of course one also has to keep in mind which rubbers one uses. I play with Skyline 3 Prov Bs on forehand and T05Fx on backhand, so this is a very controlled set up.

Hi,
Have you played bot 7p-2a and 7p-2a.carbon, or only carbon and 5p-2a?
I am curious which blade provides a better feel and more control, as I have seen that opinions differ on this subject. Someone wrote that for topspin play the carbon version works better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
Reactions: Peppa Pig