Table Tennis Girls hehe.. ;)

Who do you think is the most pretty girl

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Even the title of the thread is repulsive with the hehe evoking a nasty man in a long overcoat. It's a pub conversation and not suitable for a public forum. This kind of boy clubbishness is very off putting to a lot of women.

Yes I agree. I’m new to ping pong and I recently found out about this forum. I haven’t followed up on female ping pong players so I like the names being mentioned and videos of them playing but not the nasty comments. It’s not light hearted thread. I’m interested though on the names of good female ping pong players for notification. So starting a new thread. :)

This user has no status.
Yui HAMAMOTO was a teenager model before being a pro player, and might go back to modelling again after her career is over

here she is in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiEaPA29vz0

and her official site
http://hamamoto-yui.spo-sta.com/

she is still well ranked, she won a lot of U21 opens a few years back, and played for the JNT at some big events, but she could not make it to the next level, and the focus now is on the younger Japanese players

She's quite tall so i thought she could get more power than the typical other Japanese girls, but her overall skills are not matching the very best J players

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Even the title of the thread is repulsive with the hehe evoking a nasty man in a long overcoat. It's a pub conversation and not suitable for a public forum. This kind of boy clubbishness is very off putting to a lot of women.

Yes I agree. I’m new to ping pong and I recently found out about this forum. I haven’t followed up on female ping pong players so I like the names being mentioned and videos of them playing but not the nasty comments. It’s not light hearted thread. I’m interested though on the names of good female ping pong players for notification. So starting a new thread. :)

So there is an almost universal lament there aren't enough female players, but then we get threads like this. Men (?) fail to understand that their behaviour is creepy and repulses the very people they want to get into the sport. instead they fill these threads with thinly veiled sexism and lots and lots of rationalisation as to why it's okay to post the crap they do. I'm so pleased to find others who are also calling out this poor behaviour. orchid88, I apologise that you've had to deal with this thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
So there is an almost universal lament there aren't enough female players, but then we get threads like this. Men (?) fail to understand that their behaviour is creepy and repulses the very people they want to get into the sport. instead they fill these threads with thinly veiled sexism and lots and lots of rationalisation as to why it's okay to post the crap they do. I'm so pleased to find others who are also calling out this poor behaviour. orchid88, I apologise that you've had to deal with this thread.

I have to disagree, although I have little interest in these threads. I find these table tennis "model" pictures unattractive/gross (kinky pose, revealing clothes, holding a table tennis blade, meh). In fact, you'll see equally idiotic pictures with men (TT bigshot dude in a supposedly classy suit, mismatched shoes and table tennis bat; TT bigshot dude with revealing clothes and an inspired expression on his face, face partly hidden by his bat).

And that's my point. You're cherry-picking what suits you to make it a one-way sexism issue. What about pingfun's (sorry if I mispell) thread about Zhang Jike? Over half of the thread is not about ZJK's table tennis. To be clear, I'm fine with that thread. I don't feel threatened. I can skip it or read it. The forum is not crowded with such threads. But what if somebody made a thread dedicated to some "hot" table tennis "chick", with random news, her latest results and her latest bikini posters, pictures of her at the airport, at the hotel, pictures of her stretching, videos of her doing random physical fitness drills? Yea, you'd be all over it yelling creepy, but it's really the same thing.

Well no, it's not creepy when men talk about women and ok when women rave about men. Obviously the modalities differ a lot. But you should be able to recognize that in both cases, the typical focus of those discussions will be perceived as equally superficial/reducing/irritating to the other gender if one looks for reasons to be irritated and fails to apply a small pinch of "what do I care, let it go."

And I'm sure this thread is not the reason there aren't more female players in table tennis. In fact, this thread had been dead for 8 years, with a whooping total of 15 replies to the OP, until it was dug out by a random bot and partly kept afloat by the misplaced feminist crusade. Just let it die. We don't need the forum police. /rant, over

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews

The only thing creepy is the virtue olympics of the 'morally superior". All the finger waggers who never wag the finger at themselves and always turn out to be the worst offenders.
Appreciating beauty is sexist now, rofl. What will these brainwashed ninnies come up with next.
I bet when Zsocs and all those others decided to take 'hottie' pictures of themselves or become models (and get paid a lot for it) they were thinking "oh no I should wear a body/face-covering burka because otherwise the world is sexist".... NOT.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Here are three doing their thing... enjoying a pic together after a comp.

shw Korea Open 2018.jpg

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
First of all, thanks for the critique. I really do appreciate your comments, not least because they do ask me question my own assumptions and preconceptions.

However, I would want to argue a couple of points.

Well no, it's not creepy when men talk about women and ok when women rave about men. Obviously the modalities differ a lot. But you should be able to recognize that in both cases, the typical focus of those discussions will be perceived as equally superficial/reducing/irritating to the other gender if one looks for reasons to be irritated and fails to apply a small pinch of "what do I care, let it go."
I do recognise the similarities between men talking about women and women talking about men. And I don't apply a double standard. But, as you correctly point out, discourse around these topics can be and is expressed very differently depending upon the viewpoint the speaker brings to it. It is also useful to recognise that there are certain patterns of conversation which function to affirm and reinforce cultural attitudes amongst subsets of the population. This thread is one such example. And the group of people I spend my time with would have an entirely different conversation.

However, the question needs to be asked, "Should we care?" Is it enough to dismiss another's conversation as superficial and then just "let it go"? I would argue we all have a responsibility to consider how our attitudes impact on others. Doctors have a minimal standard of behaviour in "do no harm", and I think that's an attitude we should all share. So what then is our responsibility when we see harm or the potential for harm? Is it enough to ignore it or are we required to speak out? I would suggest the #MeToo movement highlights the need for everyone to start speaking up rather than just dismissing men behaving badly as somehow just boys being boys. Which is exactly what is going on here: boys being boys and justifying their behaviour as acceptable because girls are pretty, hehe.

And I'm sure this thread is not the reason there aren't more female players in table tennis. In fact, this thread had been dead for 8 years, with a whooping total of 15 replies to the OP, until it was dug out by a random bot and partly kept afloat by the misplaced feminist crusade. Just let it die. We don't need the forum police. /rant, over
You're one hundred percent right: this thread has very little to do with the absence of female players in table tennis. But you'd have to be mad to suggest that it helps. My input was directly in response to a female forum member expresssing her disappointment at what she found here. Surely that's not unreasonable. What is unreasonable is a whole bunch of guys ignoring the reality that their behaviour is immature, inappropriate and unhelpful. This is not about a "feminist crusade" or being "the forum police" (two phrases which are reducing and dismissive, and meant to irritate) but about being responsive to a social reality which needs fixing.

Am I "on my high horse"? Yes. Do I care that others don't appreciate my viewpoint. No.

Reactions: talbon and yoass
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
We don’t live in the same country
Many girls playing here. Not lamenting about it. Maybe you are doing the repulsive things in your countries.

I admit though you will find more pretty girls doing yoga or ballet LOL.

UpsideDownCarl teaches yoga to some of the most un-attractive ladies you would ever see, he sometimes posts pics of them or writes a story... simply horrific to see or hear these, easily could offend one's sensibilities, but that is Carl, bad enough to support 30 girlfriends. (if the stores accept Monopoly Money)

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi