DHS Hurricane Long 3 CPen

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Hey everyone

My Long 3 blade came today, since its the Cpen version I though I would go ahead and upload pics and then give a comparison with my current Ma Lin blade.

The two paddles are quiet different. The Ma Long blade is all wood 7 ply, whereas the Ma Lin blade, although it is listed as 7 ply, I actually think it is 9 ply. It also had 2 layers of carbon in it, which puts it in a different class then the Ma Long blade. 026.jpg
The box that it came in is very nice. 036.jpgIt even has nice padding on the inside. 034.jpg It comes with this card, which I assume tells you the weight, thickness, width, and height 035.jpgIts got a Long(Dragon) on the handle.
040.jpgThe red plys are really nice, on some pics floating around the net, they looked awful. They weren't straight, and uneven. Not on my paddle though, it looked perfect all the way around. 042.jpg044.jpg046.jpg048.jpg050.jpg052.jpg My favorite forehand rubber atm, DHS Skyline 3 neo.

053.jpgMy Ma Lin Max Carbon, at the time when I was buying it I thought I was buying the Ma lin Carbon. On the Yasaka site, it only lists the carbon, and not the max carbon, so I didn't know their were different models. 054.jpg
To make my Blade more comfortable, I sanded the handle and the blade itself. 056.jpg058.jpg060.jpg062.jpg064.jpg066.jpg068.jpg070.jpg

I haven't gotten around to hitting with the Ma Long blade yet, and it might be a few weeks until I am able to because of the holidays and all.

But I can tell you that the Ma Lin Max Carbon, is a pretty powerful blade. When I first got it, I truly had a hard time keeping my shots from flying off the end of the table, because it hit fast and with a low arc. Its also very heavy, it weighs around 90 grams, which never bothered me until I started doing extended practice sessions, after a while I couldn't lift my arm anymore.

One interesting thing that I was able to compare is the geometry of the blade. They both come out very wide at the bottom, close to the handle. But the Ma Long blade is taller than the Ma Lin blade. I think this will end up given you a better hitting area, but more drag when you swing your paddle. I'm not entirely sure how it will feel since I haven't been able to use it yet.

Once I do get around to playing with it, I'll be able to post a proper review and not just pics.