going to china for 2 months training 18y/o by my self

This user has no status.
Yep have fun :) I bought a lot of good training shirts for about 3euros each at the extremely cheap shopping centers. A lot of good and cheap things to buy there :p
Problem is getting them back I have little space left in suit case now every thing is cheap over here got a taxi across the city today for about £2

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Just arrived at the centre its very big and much fancier then I expected rooms are nice and staff are friendly however only 2 speak English
Awesome! How many tables are in the hall? is there 1 hall or multiple sports halls

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Listen to those with experience and STAY AWAY from the alcohol missions when alone. No better way to get into trouble than that, unless you mess with women.

After you are there a bit, go roll with your new friends and those who have been there, adventure is waiting and we will track you down if you do not frequently post pics and stories !!!

This is a chance of a lifetime for you, live it up and do the work too.

This user has no status.
Listen to those with experience and STAY AWAY from the alcohol missions when alone. No better way to get into trouble than that, unless you mess with women.

After you are there a bit, go roll with your new friends and those who have been there, adventure is waiting and we will track you down if you do not frequently post pics and stories !!!

This is a chance of a lifetime for you, live it up and do the work too.
Haha I don't intend in drinking much bit apprehensive in thinks today as I have just arrived sure I'll gain confidence around the centre once I start training tomorrow

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Great I'm glad someone else is haven't seen any non-chinese people yet
Great to see TTD will bring you two together. whats the standard like in your club bud? I hear there are 10 year olds in China who are awesome! :)

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
Great to see TTD will bring you two together. whats the standard like in your club bud? I hear there are 10 year olds in China who are awesome! :)

Indeed there is those incredible young players! During our trip there we got to play against the best 7-year-old kid in the world, you just can't imagine his level without being able to see it with your own eyes. Really spectacular.. Table tennis has to be one of those very few sports in the world where age doesn't really play a big difference. BUT considering that even some of those 7-year-old kids have been practising more (5h/day,6x week) in their short life than most of us, it's no wonder that they are&become so good :p

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Indeed there is those incredible young players! During our trip there we got to play against the best 7-year-old kid in the world, you just can't imagine his level without being able to see it with your own eyes. Really spectacular.. Table tennis has to be one of those very few sports in the world where age doesn't really play a big difference. BUT considering that even some of those 7-year-old kids have been practising more (5h/day,6x week) in their short life than most of us, it's no wonder that they are&become so good :p

Wow that is incredible! How was he measured to be the best 7 year old in the world? Did he win a competition?

I would love to see a video of these young guys playing! You are so right, table tennis can be played by anyone of all ages. The system in China can produce champions so quickly if you put the effort in.

Did you play against the 7 year old in a match? Was it difficult?

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
Those training schools/centers have tournaments against each other and this 7 year old had won the competition and the coaches there said also that he is the best one in China (=World also) in his age. And the coaches there were really good, 1 of our coaches had won the Chinese Junior (17 years) Championship when he was young and they have been training Ma Long and Ding Ning (ML and DN are from the same school as we were in).

Now afterwards the only thing I regret with my trips there was that I didn't have a video camera with me there. Would have been awesome to check out my matches against them and just show everybody what the level of those youngsters is there :p

Yeh indeed I did play matches against him! :D I remember first time I went there I won him quite easily 3-0 but when I came there again he had improved A LOT! I was still able to win (can't remember how much, maybe 3-1) but it was already a good match. Well, those youngest kids didn't throw the ball nearly at all when they were serving which made it quite much harder, but still.. even those 7 year old kids are like machines when they are doing regular exercises. And of course the forehand was their best weapon, they went for that most of the time :p

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Those training schools/centers have tournaments against each other and this 7 year old had won the competition and the coaches there said also that he is the best one in China (=World also) in his age. And the coaches there were really good, 1 of our coaches had won the Chinese Junior (17 years) Championship when he was young and they have been training Ma Long and Ding Ning (ML and DN are from the same school as we were in).

Now afterwards the only thing I regret with my trips there was that I didn't have a video camera with me there. Would have been awesome to check out my matches against them and just show everybody what the level of those youngsters is there :p

Yeh indeed I did play matches against him! :D I remember first time I went there I won him quite easily 3-0 but when I came there again he had improved A LOT! I was still able to win (can't remember how much, maybe 3-1) but it was already a good match. Well, those youngest kids didn't throw the ball nearly at all when they were serving which made it quite much harder, but still.. even those 7 year old kids are like machines when they are doing regular exercises. And of course the forehand was their best weapon, they went for that most of the time :p

Wow that is awesome! So you can say you trained at the same school as Ma Long and Ding Ning did :)

I bet that 7 year old is very, very good now haha! We may see him in the China Super League soon!