Help choosing a custom racket

This user has no status.
And at the end, i suppose i shouldn't beat all players i will play against even if i have training or coaching and reach good level, i am not the only one who will play at best, but after all, my life situations doesn't help me to keep playing TT or i look for to play with the best only.

So, if i can't find some cheap good rubber in my area, which popular most available all around rubber i should go with? I can go with Tenergy, but do you think this is too soon or too much for me yet? you may tell me to go with a specific rubber and i can't find it locally here, so can you give me something like 2-3 rubbers rather than chinese and not Tenergy if it is not to be start with? I hope to get the answer so i can call the store and ask about availability.

This user has no status.
When in doubt, Clipper Wood. or Clipper CR.
Pair that with Donic Barracuda or Tenergy 05 and you have a very good setup for attack, and all-round play.

Tenergy 05 is available, but i am not sure about Clipper Wood or CR and Donic Barracuda rubber if available.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I was going to ask about a bag too later, but as long that my debate about blades and rubbers didn't get a good or happy ending as they call it, i feel i will not ask about another accessories yet.

After 12 pages of conversations and going nowhere. That is fine. Just tell us your favourite player and copy what he is using. Timo Boll? Then buy TB ALC with T05 both sides. Or ZJK with Viscaria and H3 + T64. How about Ma Long with HL5 and H3 + T64 (or T05). You may not win games with it for now but I trust you will be happy. There are many ways to enjoy TT and this is one. :)

Better start a new thread for cases. This post is too long to follow.

This user has no status.
After 12 pages of conversations and going nowhere. That is fine. Just tell us your favourite player and copy what he is using. Timo Boll? Then buy TB ALC with T05 both sides. Or ZJK with Viscaria and H3 + T64. How about Ma Long with HL5 and H3 + T64 (or T05). You may not win games with it for now but I trust you will be happy. There are many ways to enjoy TT and this is one. :)

Better start a new thread for cases. This post is too long to follow.

Well, there are 4 players i really their styles, and it is difficult i choose one, but i will choose one, the 4 players are:

1. Ma Long
2. ZJK
3. J. Mizutani
4. Dim. Ovtch.

I go mostly with ML style, so from those players you mentioned it sounds they have Tenergy one way or another for one side or both.
Well, i can win games for now, i saw players in that club, not all are at same level and not all are really that good, i may choose the lower level players and i can win most of them or most games, but at the end i want to enjoy either if i win or lose, and sure i will not lose to all of them every game, and i will start to play higher levels once i get back my old style and get used to playing smoothly.

I will start a new thread about accessories once i buy the racket, but i feel i need to buy some accessories alongside with the racket such as the case or cleaner and such, so should i start that new thread dedicated for accessories now or i wait until i buy the racket? As i prefer to buy all at once rather than i buy one thing and go there wasting time and fuel again to buy few accessories which i should buy first time with racket.

I checked my credit card as i needed to have very little remained money, and to my surprise i found there is good money left and i never expected, so i can go up to $40-50 now if i want, so should i order Yin He which will take so long time to arrive and buy another blade locally Butterfly once i get another income very soon? this way i will have 2 blades, sure both will compliment each other, and at the end, that Yin He blade is very very cheap and it is no lose at all getting one and keep it as backup and try different rubbers on it and i may like it for some games.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
That is good news if you can narrow down your choice to 4 setups. Do whatever please you when you got the fund. All of them use Tenergy one way or the other. The Donic Ovtcharov Original Senso Carbon blade is the cheapest. Though what he use is not actually the one on the market in structure. Only the handle has the same look. Don't want to say too much as that may lead to more confusion.

I have no doubt you can beat anyone lower level than you. Also there is nothing wrong keeping two blades with one for backup. I bet you won't touch the Yinhe much if you have any of the Butterfly unless you don't want to damage the expensive one and keep it in a case.

This user has no status.
That is good news if you can narrow down your choice to 4 setups. Do whatever please you when you got the fund. All of them use Tenergy one way or the other. The Donic Ovtcharov Original Senso Carbon blade is the cheapest. Though what he use is not actually the one on the market in structure. Only the handle has the same look. Don't want to say too much as that may lead to more confusion.

I have no doubt you can beat anyone lower level than you. Also there is nothing wrong keeping two blades with one for backup. I bet you won't touch the Yinhe much if you have any of the Butterfly unless you don't want to damage the expensive one and keep it in a case.

Thanks!

I should narrow, otherwise i may end up buying minimum 10 rackets, i said minimum, so i better narrow it from beginning.

Then i shouldn't look much around and go with Tenergy, trying many and different rubbers may confuse me more, so better be with one brand and they have different Tenergy anyway, so i can test those few Tenergy and then i can decide which one of them served me more.

Maybe, and one is very cheap anyway, so it is not a big deal or lose, even if i have good budget/fund i may buy 2 more, it all comes to money affordable and my time playing, also sometimes the style of players, i remember in the past i was using 3 different rackets to beat 3 different players because each has different style, and as you said, maybe i will play with the cheaper racket to keep the expensive one i will buy later safe and for necessary time only.

Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do. I think you're overanalysing the equipment part of table tennis. Just buy what you want and play. You're losing precious playing time (and practice). hehe

I have to analysis or overanalysing as you said, i can't play yet for 2 reasons, one is that the university is in Exams weeks and soon or already in holiday for students i can't lay with anyone and the coach don't go there if no students or activities, and second is that playing in the club i know is not free and i need fund to pay membership first to play and it is so far which cost me fuel too so i avoid it, but once i have good budget to buy racket and pay for membership then i will start to play, no rush, and until it happens, i can search and read and talk about TT here and there.

This user has no status.
A news or an update:

I ordered that Yinhe Galaxy N-11 finally from eBay, it will take time until they process my order and ship it, and the worst part is waiting.

i ordered it without rubbers, but maybe i will buy rubbers for this blade later when i will buy another blade when i will have fun, i didn't want to waste more money now with what i have already as i need it for something else rather than TT, but i will get a fund very soon because i made something related to photography, and hope that fund will help me for another purchase.

Thanks!!!

This user has no status.
I need one thing that will help me a lot in my playing i the future anywhere, i want someone to give me links to videos about how to return the serves, most of the time different serves confuse me and i want really to be strong in returning serves more than winning other hits by myself, i know the easy way when the serve is weak or long and high enough, but if it is sliced and spinned very short to the net i sometimes miss it, so i have to strength myself in this part which will help me for more victories over some higher levels players or even mid-level players with amazing serves.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Thanks!

I should narrow, otherwise i may end up buying minimum 10 rackets, i said minimum, so i better narrow it from beginning.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Dont narrow it down, as the saying goes.. the more the merrier! It is fun to have and collect. You know like buy here buy there..as you later will have a GOOD fund then theres no need to think twice but to buy whatever equipment that will make you happy.. then lets say next pay day you are planning to go for a bag, racket case, shoes, dry fit clothes, socks, drinking tumbler, hand towel, face towel, arm band like the ones that Daniel is wearing.. dont hesitate to post on this thread. Everything you want to ask about TT just post it here no need to make a new thread.. so basically this thread is yours ayt! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Dont narrow it down, as the saying goes.. the more the merrier! It is fun to have and collect. You know like buy here buy there..as you later will have a GOOD fund then theres no need to think twice but to buy whatever equipment that will make you happy.. then lets say next pay day you are planning to go for a bag, racket case, shoes, dry fit clothes, socks, drinking tumbler, hand towel, face towel, arm band like the ones that Daniel is wearing.. dont hesitate to post on this thread. Everything you want to ask about TT just post it here no need to make a new thread.. so basically this thread is yours ayt! [emoji106]

Ok, cool

For now, i think the most thing as accessories or other stuff i think about are: the case, the bag bigger to include everything, and a cleaner, i have shoes and cloths and socks and towels already, no need to buy different or another type of those i have already.

Good you saved me to start newer thread, and i think i don't need as long i will go with 1 case or 2 if i have more than 2 rackets and a bag, and i don't think i will be very specific or very branded type for those, and i may buy those locally too and i am sure it is available, just you may know models that are very good and durable or last long and have features i should look at, so it is up to you to mention something here and finish.

This user has no status.
Finally i've got some budget, but it is not much as i expected, it enough for 2 rubbers for sure if i decided on Tenergy, but then i have to choose a blade that is not so much in price, i will have another budget later again, but i can't wait, and the bad news is the recommended blades of Butterfly i look for is not available locally, there are other models but a bit higher in price, but i can't rush to buy one until i am sure.

Now i bought that yinhe already and will see which rubber i would like to buy later, so i was thinking i should buy another performance blade of Butterfly, something that is a bit 1 degree above Off-/All, no need to have 2 blades of same characteristics, Yinhe N11 is i think slow and Off-, so i don't think i should buy another Off- from Butterfly as well, so in this case if i can't find those Off- models here, what other model that is above Off- slightly from Butterfly i should look at?

This user has no status.
Finally, i bought the blade, and the coach my friend assembled it for me with the rubbers i bought earlier, thanks to him.

I tested the custom racket, all what i can say is words: Awesome, amazing, perfect.

No wonder why i couldn't play any good at all in that tournament last Friday, sure i will not beat top players, but i will not lose many points if i had my blade i got today, and the opponent i played against is also that growing player taking coaching, he beaten me 7 games and i did beat him 4 or 5, but next time i will make sure i will play harder and better against him.

I am so happy with this expensive blade, and good that i listened to myself, the coach actually told me that this blade arrived soon, 1 piece only of it, and asked me if i am interested in it, after some thinking i accepted it, and good i did.

Thanks again for all of your help, and sorry for my attitude in this very long my thread, appreciate your help!!!