Composition of Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Now does anyone knows about the blade composition of Donic Defplay Senso?
This is quite a popular blade but its hard to find the info about this blade's compo..

What I know is that the two outer layer is Gabon and Anegre. Now whats in the middle I wonder.. Balsa?
No, that would be too defensive..

Any info would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
which outer ply has the most dwell time? i want a blade with lots of dwell time but when i hit hard i need the inner plies to be stiff in order to give speed . So what do you suggest ?

I would try either, Limba or Hinoki:

1) A blade with Limba outside and Ayous inside. I like the ones where the limba is thin and there is only one ply of limba but, there are lots of good blades that have limba and ayous. Examples of ones I like are: All+ rating: Stiga Allround NCT, Stiga Tuba Allround; Off- rating: Stiga Energy Wood; Off rating: Stiga Clipper.

2) The other option I would go with is a Hinoki blade. Blades that are all Hinoki are amazing. Two examples: Off- rating: Darker 7p-2A: Off rating: Darker 7p-2A.7t. They are similar, but the second one is one half mm thicker and so a decent amount faster. Those are two of the best blades out there. The amount of speed, spin, dwell time and control you get from those Darker blades is pretty cool. The Darker 7p-2A.7t is probably the blade I like the most of all that I have tried. The only thing I think comes close is the Butterfly Innerforce ZLF. But, I like the feel of all wood and Hinoki a little better.

Limba might have a little more dwell time than Hinoki. Limba works better with other kinds of wood as the inner plies, but in my opinion, Hinoki always feels better when it is on a blade that is all Hinoki. And when you have an all Hinoki blade, there is something really unique and hard to explain about how good that wood is for blades. It is like you have a blade with extra gears. Slow and controlled for touch and lots of speed for speed and power.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Now does anyone knows about the blade composition of Donic Defplay Senso?
This is quite a popular blade but its hard to find the info about this blade's compo..

What I know is that the two outer layer is Gabon and Anegre. Now whats in the middle I wonder.. Balsa?
No, that would be too defensive..

Any info would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance :D

I think the outer ply is Koto and inside is Ayous. Not sure of all the plies though. One thing to note about that blade, I think it has 6 plies, which means that two plies are the core, which is not normal. There are a few blades like that and I think they work fine, but, it is a strange construction to have an even number of plies and not have one particular ply act as the core.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
considering that you have kiri instead of ayous in the core, how different is that??
also, for example JM, has outer ply of limba, but also zlc, does it feel any soft??

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
which outer ply has the most dwell time? i want a blade with lots of dwell time but when i hit hard i need the inner plies to be stiff in order to give speed . So what do you suggest ?

What Carl said is correct, but I also would like to suggest the 5 ply Stiga Rosewood. It has 4mm thick core,0.7mm spruce and the outer layer is rosewood. I think the core is ayous.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
I am. I'm considering either Petr Korbel blade and the Andro Core cell OFF-. I am a Chinese looper. H3 will be on my FH and Andro Rasant will be on my BH. I am looking for not going much above 50 USD. Anyone tried these blades? Anyone have any other suggestions? I want OFF- or a little more than that. Thanks!