2014 Asian Games will be played with old balls?

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I have just read a article at TableTennisTa

In that article Wang Tao said that he heard 2014 Asian Games will be played with old balls.

So can anyone confirm this?

U164P200T1D348922F10DT20101121005803.jpg
Ma Long the winner of 2010 Asian Games

As far as i now Asian Games is not at ITTF event so they can use any kind of balls.
But the problem is Women's Word cup is just 6 days after that and Men's is 20 day after the end of Asian Games. And new balls will be used in World Cups. So if they will not have enough time to adjust to new balls between Asian Games and World Cup.

So i think it was better to use new balls there. So players will not perform badly in World Cups.
If they don't then Women's will have the most trouble adjusting to new balls in 6 days. But i don't think Men's will have so much trouble since they have 20 days to adjust and new balls are so similar to currents balls.

What do you think? Will they change to use new balls there?

Last edited:
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
I have just read a article here: TableTennisTa
In that article Wang Tao said that he heard 2014 Asian Games will be played with old balls.

So can anyone confirm this?

View attachment 5830
Ma Long the winner of 2010 Asian Games

As far as i now Asian Games is not at ITTF event so they can use any kind of balls.
But the problem is Women's Word cup is just 6 days after that and Men's is 20 day after the end of Asian Games. And new balls will be used in World Cups. So if they will not have enough time to adjust to new balls between Asian Games and World Cup.

So i think it was better to use new balls there. So players will not perform badly in World Cups.
If they don't then Women's will have the most trouble adjusting to new balls in 6 days. But i don't think Men's will have so much trouble since they have 20 days to adjust and new balls are so similar to currents balls.

What do you think? Will they change to use new balls there?

Maybe a chance for European players to make something at world cup? But no I don't think it will take them long to adjust to new balls

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
LET'S LIVE AND SEE...
[div]
champion_platinum.jpg

Just communicated with a celebrity boy, Kirill Tarasenko 16yo, participant for Kazakhstam Noc at the Asian Game table tennis events.

He confirmed that the ball in use was CHAMPION celluloid Korea-made. The ball to be scarcely found someplace on Europa-America market, but on Asian region markets only.

I admire very much to see if XU Xin is good enough to gain a golden glory with hard plastic DHS as much as he did with celluloid mild-soft meterial.
World Men's Cup oncoming next week will be an answer.