60 y.o. Ni Xialian won SF/F WTT Feeder Havirov 2023

says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
Screenshot_20230730-171737_YouTube.jpg

She beat a 19 y.o. Chen Yi of China.

Even though she's 60 years old, I'm sure she'll beat most of us here. She's remarkable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
She beat a 19 y.o. Chen Yi of China.

Even though she's 60 years old, I'm sure she'll beat most of us here. She's remarkable.
Formal world champion herself and loves the sport.
Its actually incredible how she can continue beating 1st team tier 1 and tier 2 players in China.
I guess China has never been able to arrange a mimic of her, since, she is just so special.
her personality says it all too!

She wins the tournament!

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
IS GERANTOPHILIA A DISORDER?
Gerontophilia has often been taken to denote a "paraphilic" attraction to the elderly and in forensic contexts might be fitted into the diagnostic slots of DSM-5 "Other Specified" or "Unspecified Paraphilic Disorder" (APA, 2013, p.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Imagine in 35 years we have Chen Meng from Monaco contesting Sun Yingsha from Luxembourg in WTT Feeder events finals
there can only be one granny

all those that is more or less in Ni's era, have all become coaches (if they remained in TT). And those coaches has... like 30+ years of experience too. haha
if any that still plays, they are normally at most, domestic veterans tournaments.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Imagine in 35 years we have Chen Meng from Monaco contesting Sun Yingsha from Luxembourg in WTT Feeder events finals
How about Aruna representing Malaysia.

It all starts with:
IMG_2762.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
How about Aruna representing Malaysia.

It all starts with:
View attachment 26112
that makes no sense.
you would want to go to a country that you can continue to play and have Olympic/world championship chances.
Going to powerhouse "Asia" is the last thing anyone would want to do (assuming you don't understand continental qualifying criteria)

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
that makes no sense.
you would want to go to a country that you can continue to play and have Olympic/world championship chances.
Going to powerhouse "Asia" is the last thing anyone would want to do (assuming you don't understand continental qualifying criteria)
Along come Mr Realistic to wake me up... sigh!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
Interesting matches for sure. I'm surprised that the Chinese juniors only pushed when dealing with FH short balls and Ni Xia Lian was always able to initiate the first attack off their pushes which is a very bad way to play against pips.

Imo they should have FH or BH flicked these balls immediately just like how Sun Yingsha or Wang Manyu would do.

Also very few wide angle fast long serves and receives to exploit Ni Xia Lian's slower movements and lower coverage angles.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi