9 reasons why table tennis is the best sport in the world

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
To celebrate this year’s National Table Tennis Day in UK (on 13 July), I thought I’d share a bit of table tennis love.

We table tennis players, coaches and fans all know that table tennis is the best sport in the world. But there are some unbelievers out there who need converting.

So I’ve written a list. What better way to convert someone than with a list! I could have written a much longer list, but to spare you all my over-exciting ramblings, I have restricted myself to a list of 9.

Take a look at my list on my website: http://www.tabletenniscoach.me.uk/9-reasons-table-tennis-best-sport-world/

What do you think? Why do you love table tennis? Why do you think it's the best sport in the world?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Excellent list! Fully subscribe to it. #1 anecdote: lost a beautiful match to an 82-year old (former) high-level player after winning the first two games with ease — and then he adapted, changed tactics, turning the game around entirely. Never stood a chance after that, leaving me in awe of so much cunning, so much control.

(Well, the "money doesn't matter" should maybe taken with a grain of salt. My days of miserable poverty are long gone, but even now the 20-30 quid a starter bat needs is recognizable to me as a non-negligable amount of €€ when money is tight.)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Haha such a familiar scenario. I've gotten my ass handed to me by "oldies with smarts" as well. It's not the greatest feeling in the world. But the next time we met I was the one who changed tactics and handed him the "H3 blue sponge treatment". He actually was in flames and took pictures of my rubbers afterwards to go out and buy the same stuff :D

Excellent list! Fully subscribe to it. #1 anecdote: lost a beautiful match to an 82-year old (former) high-level player after winning the first two games with ease — and then he adapted, changed tactics, turning the game around entirely. Never stood a chance after that, leaving me in awe of so much cunning, so much control.

(Well, the "money doesn't matter" should maybe taken with a grain of salt. My days of miserable poverty are long gone, but even now the 20-30 quid a starter bat needs is recognizable to me as a non-negligable amount of €€ when money is tight.)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews

And when things get serious, TT can be a money sink. Tournaments and coaching are expensive :(

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And when things get serious, TT can be a money sink. Tournaments and coaching are expensive :(

Yeah. It can be very inexpensive. But it can also be very expensive.

I wonder how much rokphish has spent on TT equipment over the years. Now he is having fun and doing it because he enjoys collecting. But....

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D and Shuki
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Nice article.

The "Money doesn't matter" bit is a grey area.

Yes - I have seen older guys who use very cheap equipments. But their placement of ball and control win the games against many EJs.
No - from personal experience, if my setup jump from $40 to $80, control, quality of shots, ease of stroke will improve significantly. But go from $80 to $120 I gain little advantage.