A top player's income ?!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Ma Long got estimate 5 million?

No, Ma Long's name is not even mentioned in the link. You are right, the $5mm earned by Ma Long is only rainneverever's estimate with his supporting reason that A earned $$ from Z company, then B would also have same $$ from Z.....so lame!

Last edited:
Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
No, Ma Long's name is not even mentioned in the link. You are right, the $5mm earned by Ma Long is only rainneverever's estimate with his supporting reason that A earned $$ from Z company, then B would also have same $$ from Z.....so lame!

There is always a chance when rain opens that link, it goes to a page talking about ma long
i'm still waiting to see it happen on my screen
But yeah, maybe he doesn't really understand A, B and Z

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Sun Yang's 5 million per sponsorship is an estimate based on previous data points of OTHERS, not from the report of Sun Yang side or his sponsor side. Can you guys get this?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Sun Yang's 5 million per sponsorship is an estimate based on previous data points of OTHERS, not from the report of Sun Yang side or his sponsor side. Can you guys get this?

hm.....i don't get it
why in the world are you talking about Sun Yang, when we are talking about Ma Long?
you do know they are 2 different people right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
OK, let me break it down for you.
1. A list of top-earning Chinese athletes (over 20 million CNY) said Sun Yang earned 69 million CNY in 2016.
2. An article analyzed Sun Yang's income. He has 2 long-term sponsors and 1 short-term sponsor. The long-term sponsorship fee is estimated as 5 million CNY before overhead/tax, based on previous data points of OTHER athletes, not from Sun Yang's side or sponsor's side. Also Sun Yang is not the sole athlete sponsored by the sponsor. After overhead/tax, this article suggested that Sun Yang earned 6 million from his 3 sponsors.
3. Matt asked why Ma Long did not make to the list in 1 and Ruoh said because good winning records do not get CNT players more commercial values. I do not agree and listed many CNT top players have individual commercials and sponsorship. Then Ruoh started to argue with me that Audi is a team sponsor (which is not) and my point is that Audi is Ma Long's sponsor like Geely is Sun Yang's (then came a 5 million CNY estimate sponsorship fee in 2)
4. I have not said Ma Long ACTUALLY earned 5 million CNY sponsorship fee before overhead/tax from Audi. I was talking about income estimate. If a 5 million CNY before overhead/tax is used as an estimate for a sponsorship fee from any brand to an athlete, and if Sun Yang's income has been estimated this way, Ma Long's income can be estimated this way as well.

hm.....i don't get it
why in the world are you talking about Sun Yang, when we are talking about Ma Long?
you do know they are 2 different people right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Let me just address number 5

So Sun Yang or Moon Yang or who ever can make 1+2+3, then Ma Long can't make more than 1+2+3??

"If you believe the number of 6 million final income of sponsorship of Sun Yang (5 million from Geely Auto + 5 million from 361 degree + 1 million from a cell phone before overhead/tax)"
End Quote

Then you said, based on Sun Yang,
"Ma Long will get something lower than that but still 7 digit (Audi + Li-Ning)."
End Quote

Don't you see flaws in your logic??
So my view is, if Audi pays Ma Long 12 million, then your logic is totally flawed

And this is what we are trying to say.

You know, I am off these two days, debating with you is really entertaining lol
But then, i forgot
you are a fortune teller.
if i was close to your level, I would estimate Carl the goonsquad leader to be making a trillion a year for being cool

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
For sponsorship fee estimate,
Sun Yang: 5m (Geely) + 5m (361 degree) + 1m (cell phone) before overhead/tax, 6m after overhead/tax
Ma Long: 5m (Audi) + 5m (Li-Ning) before overhead/tax, Xm after overhead/tax
Xm is lower than Sun Yang's 6m but still 7 digit. Is there anything too complicated for you to understand?

Let me just address number 5

So Sun Yang or Moon Yang or who ever can make 1+2+3, then Ma Long can't make more than 1+2+3??

"If you believe the number of 6 million final income of sponsorship of Sun Yang (5 million from Geely Auto + 5 million from 361 degree + 1 million from a cell phone before overhead/tax)"
End Quote

Then you said, based on Sun Yang,
"Ma Long will get something lower than that but still 7 digit (Audi + Li-Ning)."
End Quote

Don't you see flaws in your logic??
So my view is, if Audi pays Ma Long 12 million, then your logic is totally flawed

And this is what we are trying to say.

You know, I am off these two days, debating with you is really entertaining lol
But then, i forgot
you are a fortune teller.
if i was close to your level, I would estimate Carl the goonsquad leader to be making a trillion a year for being cool

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I have said many times, 5m is an estimate of sponsorship fee for any brand to an athlete and used to estimate athlete's income. Reference is the link I provided in the beginning. The 5m number of course is not the REAL number for EVERY case. An auto brand may pay more or pay less than a clothing brand and local brands and foreign brands may differ. A better way to analyze is category by category, but from the available information only 5m is known and used for estimation.
Audi and Li-Ning are Ma Long's sponsor. What kind of news and info do you want me to provide?

Ma Long: 5m (Audi) + 5m (Li-Ning)

source?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have said many times, 5m is an estimate of sponsorship fee for any brand to an athlete and used to estimate athlete's income. Reference is the link I provided in the beginning. The 5m number of course is not the REAL number for EVERY case. An auto brand may pay more or pay less than a clothing brand and local brands and foreign brands may differ. A better way to analyze is category by category, but from the available information only 5m is known and used for estimation.
Audi and Li-Ning are Ma Long's sponsor. What kind of news and info do you want me to provide?

There we have it - full proof of what he says
Rain's insanity and illogical logic

The guy is talking of his estimates of Ma Long's sponsorship with "available information"

dude, there is no information

Reactions: Ruoh Leong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
It is not MY estimate. 5m number is the market estimate of sponsorship fee from any brand to an athlete. Analyst then used this 5m number to calculate Sun Yang's estimated income from sponsors. If people want to calculate Ma Long's estimated income from sponsors, they can use the same way.
I feel sorry that you cannot follow the simple logic.

There we have it - full proof of what he says
Rain's insanity and illogical logic

The guy is talking of his estimates of Ma Long's sponsorship with "available information"

dude, there is no information

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I am not making conclusions about the income. I showed how Sun Yang's estimated income from sponsors is calculated and provided the way if people want to calculate Ma Long's estimated income from sponsors.

I have said the 5m number estimate shall be more specific. Category by category, a range can be more informative. In the case of Sun Yang and Ma Long, both of them are sponsored by an auto brand (local and foreign, respectively) and a clothing brand (local and local, respectively). The real fee may differ and may be far from "5m".

I think what rain is trying to say is that it's reasonable to assume that sponsors pay athletes similarly, and we can make conclusions from that.

What's wrong about that is that sponsors probably don't pay all athletes equally.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
You know what make Sun Yang stand out among the gold medalists/champions with very high commercial value in China because he's the 1st athlete in China to win an Olympics gold medal in swimming. But now @rainneverever is dreaming that Ma Long same as Sun Yang's profile will get the equivalent commercial price by a sponsor...yeah...dream what you want @rainneverever....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
If people try to analyze Zhang Jike's 60 million income in 2016, to calculate his estimated income from sponsors, the same formula will be used: 5m (Anta sportswear, long-term) + 5m(Hanmac cell phone, with Liu Guoliang, no where to find the info if it is long-term or short-term, count as long-term) + 1m(OMO, laundry detergent, short-term).
Now it is your turn to laugh at me dreaming about Zhang Jike's commercial value.

You know what make Sun Yang stand out among the gold medalists/champions with very high commercial value in China because he's the 1st athlete in China to win an Olympics gold medal in swimming. But now @rainneverever is dreaming that Ma Long same as Sun Yang's profile will get the equivalent commercial price by a sponsor...yeah...dream what you want @rainneverever....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
BTW, Sun Yang is the first and only MALE Chinese swimmer with OG golds but he is not the first Chinese swimmer to win OG gold.

And if you know nothing about Sun Yang's driver licence story and Beijing Hyundai, please don't just make up things.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hey guys let's give up on sun yang mun yang discussion . really here is not a swimming site or the thread's name is not sun yang . every one has got unnecessary info about him .who is he we should talk about in this thread . its enough to know that zjk has made it to the top 10 list and ma long didn't unfortunately .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
BTW, Sun Yang is the first and only MALE Chinese swimmer with OG golds but he is not the first Chinese swimmer to win OG gold.

And if you know nothing about Sun Yang's driver licence story and Beijing Hyundai, please don't just make up things.

What I missed to say "male athletes" in the previous command would not change SY's high commercial value today in China and ML has no way to "challenge" that.