A top player's income ?!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I know a player who plays in France Pro A his earnings are 60,000 USD and he wins about 75% of his matches, it is a shame that table tennis players do not get paid much especially when you consider the time that they put into training...in most instances it probably equates to below the minumum wage haha

I would be interested to know which player this is? Whats his world ranking Ripper? That is a fair amount, as he probably gets win bonus to and sponsorship. However yes in terms of other sports its minor

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
http://tabletennista.com/2013/2/ningbo-invested-10-million-for-ma-long-and/

It says that Ma long is estimated to have earned more than $250000 for winning the super league this year

Edit:

I found this:
http://tabletennista.com/2013/2/zhang-jike-is-single-ready-to-mingle-photo/

It says Zhang Jike earned $1.25 million in 2012

That is a very good amount, I know in comparison to like football, however these Chinese National Team players make huge amounts. I just wonder, do they receive it all tho?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
well, as i know, they're all multimillionaires. One like Zhangjike or Lixiaoxia, earns a fix salary of 500,000 yuan in the super league, and extra tens of thousands bonus for their each game they attend, and extra if they win. Last year Zhangjike earned 13000,000 yuan, comparing most ordinary young white collars earn about 100,000 at that age. I dont know what's going on exactly in other countries. Anyway, table tennis super league may be one of the most profitable league matches in China. not to mention other incomes such as goverment reward, advertising fee....

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
on international events they pay 60% to china, only sponsoring and some special cases are fully going to the players (chinese players)

Really? How do you know this buddy? They take 40% then not to bad a :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
I found news about chinese top athletes which zhang jike is 2nd in this list .

According to the domestic media reports, 2016 Chinese sports personal wealth list released today, this list is a comprehensive statistics game bonuses, commercial sponsorship, and social activities, .in this List, the Chinese swimming star @ Sun Yang 's annual income was 69 million is in top of the list! Followed by the table tennis star @ Zhang Jike, he ranked second with 60 million income. @ Ningze Tao to 35 million income ranked third. The fourth is the golf Feng Shanshan (33 million), the Chinese basketball flag @ Yi Jianlian only 32 million ranked fifth. 6 is the women's volleyball team Zhu Ting's 30.3 million. It is worth mentioning that,football is not included in top 10.
b2664ecdly1ffu5f9z2g8j20ej09gwj9.jpg
b2664ecdly1ffu5fahwm7j208o0bljtf.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
That is the wealth list, not income from TT list
TT salary isn't much, wealth is from advertisements, endorsement contracts etc
A max super league contract would be CNY 5 million for 3 months of club contract.
Most top players are 2 to 3 million cny.
That isn't enough to make you ultra wealthy.

I can't remember what Fukuhara Ai's wealth is, but its going to be more than ZJK
She is in the 10s of millions usd,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
That is the wealth list, not income from TT list
TT salary isn't much, wealth is from advertisements, endorsement contracts etc
A max super league contract would be CNY 5 million for 3 months of club contract.
Most top players are 2 to 3 million cny.
That isn't enough to make you ultra wealthy.

I can't remember what Fukuhara Ai's wealth is, but its going to be more than ZJK
She is in the 10s of millions usd,

Yeah its wealth but i couldnt find another thread for this news . I DONT CARE ABOUT Ai fukuhara's salary . She's not my favorite and didnt post this for comparison . I just thought maybe its interesting to share . But any way its a big number . Zjk is highter than a swimmer and a full time model in this list .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
It was clear that he is a fan of ZJK (no problem with that), but now he reached a new level...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Fan boy alert, fan boy alert
if you don't like Ai, then why in the world are you commenting in a thread that also applies to Ai?
lol

What applies for ai ?? YOU didnt read my post ttt . I found this be cause of income word . Didnt wanted to open a new thread . AI is not my favorite ????!!!! So what ??? Is it a problem ?? I like ishikawa and japan's new generation . That's it . Nothing more

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
The tt player's income along with commercial value is actually less than other sports' player (eg. swimming, football) in China. Zhang Jike is very exceptional case overall and he is the only one in CNT who make it to the top 10 on the wealth list for the Olympic year of 2012 and 2016. The list posted by @Ping Fun consists of the calculation for competition bonuses, commercial sponsorship, social event fees and other activities in 2016. Apparently, they are a lot of gold medalist in the Olympic year in China, but only few of them has commercial value and make it to the top 10 on the wealth list.

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016