Advice to improve my game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Thank everyone for the comments. Relax and placement are the common feedback I got from high level players too. I will definitely focus on those next. My arm is doing ok now but my right knee starts feeling tired and weak, most likely from practice looping & probably being moved too much.
I played at Westchester tournament for the first time last weekend. My opponent in the u1000 final is a beginner too. His strokes are not as consistent nor powerful as mine but they look very good, like a well-trained players. Does anyone know what it is? Are his strokes more relaxed or his form or something else?

@dingyibvs : I played mostly defence in this video so it is a bit related to your questions. However, my op's loops are not very powerful so I let him attack. I made two successfull counters far from the table in the first set so that put a bit pressure on him too.
It looks like that you tend to touch the ball too often without really backswinging to loop. Especially from backhand to forehand, you tend to touch the ball too much in front of you. I think you should practice to turn your body/leg and backswing your hand for forehand loop instead of touching it back. Similarly on the backhand, wait a little more and relax your hand to loop the ball back when it is close to your body. You seemed to touch the ball back when it was still far away from your body.

Reactions: PhilT