Affordable Robots

This user has no status.
Hello guys

I'm thinking of buying a robot to use in my tabletennis.

Due to my job, i miss a lot of practices in the club so i was thinking that a robot could help me at home. I've been searching on the web and Butterfly, Donic, etc. are quite expensive. I think they are more targeted to clubs or pros.

Then i found robots like iPong pro or HP-07 among others that are much more cheaper. The problem is that i don't know if they are good, if they can help me train or even if they work.

I would like to find one with top/backspin and oscilation.

Does anyone have the same question? Does anyone knows any good affordable robot?

By the way, i never used a robot. is it good for training? i know that it isn't the same as play with a partner, but it help or harms you game?

Any help is very welcome!!!

Thanks!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
I can help you with this. First of all in generel a Tabletennis Robot can do really small for you, it is mainly usefull to learn new techniques. In my opinion the most usefull what you can do at home is training serves since they decide about 60% if you will do the point of not. If you still insist to get a robot please search for one that is standing ON the table not behind it, it has many many advantages. It is also important that you can regulate the pressure of the ball when it arrives to the accelaration roll to be shot. Furhtermore it needs regulation for how many balls per minute / how fast the acceleration roll is spinning and oscilator (that the robot can rotate to change ball placement). I know a german producer and i think the robot is about 500 €. Every robot what is not including these features is simple waste of money

Last edited: