What is the best ESN Hybrid rubber for FH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
The Gewo Codexx 54 looks pretty much like Golden Tango and K2. The Gewo is realtively new so that might stick around for a while.
I was looking at Gewo's TT catalogue for 2023/2024 yesterday and could not help but notice that EF Pro's sponge is similar to K2/GT sponge.

Screenshot_20240321_142807.png

And at 40 euros it's a steal compared to all the other hybrids (except for K2/GT obviously :)).

This user has no status.
It's pretty depressing that K2 isn't easily available and that Golden Tango is being discontinued. Makes me wonder how long K2 has before it disappears as well despite the fact that Jorgic is using it. And no, I find Golden Tango/K2 much better for how I play compared to K3. I am even finally beginning to appreciate its relative directness and lower arc than Rakza Z and Rakza Z EH.
Isn’t Jorgic using K3 on forehand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Tried some..

K3, Tronix ZGR, Rhyzen ZGR, Dynaryz ZGR, Dynaryz ZGX, Rakza Z, Bluegrip C2, Golden Tango PS and PK Sieger..

For me, the best overall was Tronix ZGR.

Better balance between speed, spin and weight. Also I found very easy to use, not very hard but not too soft and mushy..
How does bluegrip C2 play vonpared to dynaryz ZGR or K3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Pretty much same here - K2 is the best for me. Playing with it since at least 2019. I've tried to switch to K3 a couple of times and each time went back to K2. Last time played with K3 from Nov 2023 till late Feb 2024.

No complains about K3's durability (keeping under a sticky protective film when not playing). But sometimes when countering with K3 the ball just slips and the ball goes down ... Does not seem to happen so much with K2. I realize it's 100% my technique but it's too late for change. And I did not feel it was so much better than K2 in any other aspects to justify paying 2x the price of K2.

Also tried Donic A1 a few times, on someone else's BTY ZJK ZLC/ALC blades. Does not feel that much different to K3 to be honest.
This is what I thought to: A1 and K3 are basically the same, but might as well throw in C53 and ZGX.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
The Gewo Codexx 54 looks pretty much like Golden Tango and K2. The Gewo is realtively new so that might stick around for a while.
I have tested the Codexx 54, it is in tbe same class as the other 55 degree hybrids like RZEH and GT. I've been through 3 sheets of GT but only one RZEH and Codexx54, but for me the RZEH and Codexx had a higher throw and was a bit slower and less direct than the GTs I got. I felt the Codexx topsheets (I tested 52 and 54) felt a bit softer than GT/GTPS and it felt like they had better grab. It might just be manufacturing variances though because visually GT and C54 are the same to my eyes

Reactions: NextLevel and Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I have tested the Codexx 54, it is in tbe same class as the other 55 degree hybrids like RZEH and GT. I've been through 3 sheets of GT but only one RZEH and Codexx54, but for me the RZEH and Codexx had a higher throw and was a bit slower and less direct than the GTs I got. I felt the Codexx topsheets (I tested 52 and 54) felt a bit softer than GT/GTPS and it felt like they had better grab. It might just be manufacturing variances though because visually GT and C54 are the same to my eyes
I should get my sheets of Hurricane today. If those fail to impress me because I don't boost, then on to Codexx and Rakza Z EH then. Tango, it was a good dance while it lasted...

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
It's pretty depressing that K2 isn't easily available and that Golden Tango is being discontinued. Makes me wonder how long K2 has before it disappears as well despite the fact that Jorgic is using it. And no, I find Golden Tango/K2 much better for how I play compared to K3. I am even finally beginning to appreciate its relative directness and lower arc than Rakza Z and Rakza Z EH.
Time to do some bulk buying NL!!!

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Too late for Tango, everywhere is out of stock lol!
Just checked - Bribar Table Tennis, GT is £30/sheet ($38)I chose 5 sheets of red, 5 black, max thickness, addEd to basket no probs, no pop up saying out of stock. I think they are shipping worldwide now, not sure what the cost is for shipping stateside.
10 sheets about $380, not sure how that compares to US price?
Maybe check their website, and email or call them to check availability / stock!!

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
best for who?? !!!
It wouldn’t surprise me if the Brands, that use ESN, Stiga, Andro, Donic etc all get together and have a deal up.
So they all get the a latest Gen rubber in rotation, and when the Next Gen rubber is ready the company next on rota gets to release it 1st, and the Previous Gen rubber is made available to the other Brands!!
Makes business sense, split payment for the research, design and production. The more made the cheaper = agree a large quantities, more than 1 brand needs, then farm out the remained to the other brands!!
Of course this is total speculation and fantasy!!
people like to talk. and they will talk all day