Andro Nuzn 50 and 55

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
A little more spin, more speed though, and only if you hit the ball like Gauzy.
True, and I also believe it is necessary to realize (for everyone) that by using something like Spinsight it eventually becomes a very personalized issue and not an objective one. Therefore one would have to take it with a grain of salt if a user of Spinsight claims that a certain rubber (generally) produces more spin and/or speed than another.

I am mentioning this because in the comment section of this review of the Nuzn
someone claimed to have tested the rotation capabilities of some rubbers by using Spinsight and his results showed that he got pretty much the same spin out of rubbers like Evo FX-S and Tibhar Nimbus (!) compared to D09C and a boosted Hurricane (actually he says that the difference in rps was just 10).
He essentially refused a counterargument that the results were probably due to his very own technique. According to Spinsight his fh topspin would even be on 1850 TTR level (roughly 2200 USATT) and on that level most amateurs aren't anyway, so it would be pointless for all of these players to use rubbers like D09C and (boosted) Hurricane!?!
While I don't have proof, I am sure that many amateurs get more spin out of D09C compared to an "old" Nimbus, which was (and still is) mainly known for its prominent catapult and not for its spin capabilities.

The Spinsight software, of course, offers more than just the measurement of rps, but still, even if you are a Gauzy-type-level player and could theoretically get in the "objective sphere", you would have to take some rubbers out of the equation. Even Boll once said that he couldn't play with the rubber Ma Long uses...

That being said, I can totally see this software becoming a popular tool among players and coaches (it should be particularly interesting in regard to the development of younger players), and reason for plenty of discussions when comparing rubbers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
He essentially refused a counterargument that the results were probably due to his very own technique.
But that´s the whole point.
And it makes some reviews pointless, if you don´t look closely. If someone finds it easier to generate spin with a soft rubber than a hard one, it doesn´t mean the soft rubber has more spin or spin potential, for that matter.

As for andro´s testing, I am pretty sure Simon wasn´t the only reference, but of course for marketing issues a video with him would catch more attention than one with a 2nd league player.
But I´d really want to see how much more speed Sabine Winter gets out of NUZN 50 than her Rasanter R53 forehand rubber :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
...If someone finds it easier to generate spin with a soft rubber than a hard one, it doesn´t mean the soft rubber has more spin or spin potential, for that matter.
Well, yes, it's important to realize that one's own technique is at least in part (or mainly) responsible for results like this, and not to generalize his own results and expect them to be "true" for anyone else.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
This is a NUZN 50 after 2 hours of mostly FH to FH topspin for testing, 11 games played on another day where of course the other side of the racket was also used, two hours of nearly only forehand practice against defence and about 700 contacts during roboter practice. Despite the dust from the balls which I failed to clean before taking the picture no sign of wear. So far, it looks good in terms of the promised durability.
NCPG2993.JPG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
after 4 hours
It´s a little more than that.
Two hours on the first evening, the games played on another evening, then again two hours against defence on a third evening and I think 700 contacts equal a couple more hours of regular practice.

All of this - except for the matches on evening two - straight, uninterrupted playing, so I guess this is not so bad compared to what I hear about other rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
A little more spin, more speed though, and only if you hit the ball like Gauzy. That said, I like the idea of being more data driven and making the numbers public. Would be much better if they also explained the methodology in more detail too.

Maybe we can dream that the technology will be available for us all to use at our clubs. Would be really interesting to see if our intuition about equipment is backed up by the numbers.
I just ordered a kit from them - perhaps we can try it at Waterside one evening?

This user has no status.
This is a NUZN 50 after 2 hours of mostly FH to FH topspin for testing, 11 games played on another day where of course the other side of the racket was also used, two hours of nearly only forehand practice against defence and about 700 contacts during roboter practice. Despite the dust from the balls which I failed to clean before taking the picture no sign of wear. So far, it looks good in terms of the promised durability.View attachment 30110
How is your feedback on Nuxn 50 in comparison to current Rasanters. Andro also changed sponge color. Some people claim it is similar to K3 sharing same sponge.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
You guys got me interested in checking out this rubber :ROFLMAO:, typical EJ behavior. On another note, you can get it on TT11 for $49 - if you order 300 euros worth of stuff. Worth mentioning.
Just checked TT11, they are not actually in stock yet. Keep watching...

Reactions: ander999
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Some people claim it is similar to K3 sharing same sponge.
I don´t think you´ll find someone saying that after having played both.

For me, the biggest advantage of NUZN is the precision it provides on that level of spin and speed, the feedback when contacting the ball.

More spin and speed than C Rasanter is possible, but that always depends on the player´s technique, so I´m wary to claim anything definite - I think we had this discussion above, when Simon Gauzy plays identical strokes NUZN is spinnier and faster than C Rasanter, but that might not be the case for anyone.

Over time, there will surely be more comparisons from people who are familiar with d09c, K3 and C53, and I guess these will be rivalled more by NUZN 55.

I have bought one sheet of NUZN 50 (black max) and I'm very curious to compare it with my C53 max on Synteliac ZCI. I expect C53 to be better in every aspect, but being NUZN 50 significantly lighter than C53 (72gr vs 76gr uncut) if the loss in performance is minimal I might switch to NUZN 50. After 15th of June I'll make the comparison.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
This user has no status.
I've got a sheet of Nuzn 55 Red Max: weight uncut 75.68gr. The rubber seems no sticky ( surely less sticky than C53) but as confirmed by Andro it is slightly sticky with a new formula of the topsheet. The first day immediately later I glued it on Joola Trinity blade, I went to the gym in jeans and I did only 10 minutes of some topspin shots, opening shots, and counterspin and I said this is not a good rubber for me and it's only for professional players: too hard, no much spin than C53, serves with less backspin, ecc. The next day I went for one session of training in the gym (Donic P40+ balls, Cornilleau 740 table) and with immense surprise the rubber was completely different. Now I can say the Nuzn 55 has more spin than C53, more speed, faster shots, powerful topspin, serves with huge backspin, fantastic counterspin specially from middle distance, good block and smash, opening topspin with huge spin and the same in slow topspin in a difficult position, you will not miss the table. The rubber has a very good grip! For intermidiate players would be better to use it with no too stiff blades. I'm happy with this rubber, and I hope in a best durability than C53!