Andro Nuzn 50 and 55

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
As for sponge hardness, maybe.
But the 50 degree version is the least Chinese like hybrid I have encountered, if you consider the playing characteristics, and even the 55 degree version feels fine without booster according to a player who has used it for a while (4th league in Germany). On pro level, this might be a different story.
The fact that Andro themselves don't mention the term hybrid and just classify it as Tensor makes me think that expectations we all had for this rubber was more wishful thinking and it is probably just another 50+° rubber that was made to be played slightly easier than one thought.

Can you compare the nuzn50 with the mild hybrids like the Rakza Z? I am especially interested in any slow down/dampening effect in the short game and a clearly distinguishable point where you activate the sponge for the active game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
a clearly distinguishable point where you activate the sponge for the active game.
Fortunately, it all goes quite seamlessly.

ANDRO didn´t use the term hybrid for the C Rasanter either, neither does Butterfly for the 09c rubbers or DONIC for BlueStar.

I think there are so many concepts now that this term applies to, from really sticky to slightly sticky, "typically" Chinese pimple structure on Tensor sponge, made in China topsheet stuck on Japanese sponge, you name it... - however the term "mild hybrid" is new to me.

From what I know about Rakza Z, it´s more dampening in the short game and much slower in the open game as well. I liked it a lot better than the first BlueGrip variants, for example, but it still felt too "Chinese" for me, in other words I would rather use a Battle 2 with a bit of booster, at a "two for one" price.

And having tried some rubbers labelled as "Hybrid" I probably would have concluded "Hybrid is not for me", as none of them really appealed to me fully. This one needs booster, that one sucks even when boosted, and the 3rd one falls apart after a week.

Reactions: ander999 and jk1980
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
expectations we all had for this rubber was more wishful thinking
I think it´s difficult to say who expected what.

I had been told by an ANDRO player that a new rubber was in the making, a brand new technology as a further development of the C Rasanter series. (Whether that is totally accurate and in line with what the product management would say, I don´t know.)

So I expected - or maybe I´d better say hoped for - a rubber that would out-perform the C-Rasanter (I´ve used C48) while being more easily playable, ideally (almost) like an R Rasanter (I love R48 and R47) . Job done, and more.

Now of course with the promise in the marketing of the rubber there is of course also a hope or an expectation for much better longevity, if not in absolute terms but in comparison to the main competition of NUZN, like K3 or d09c. Can it out-perform AND out-last them?

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
For me the question in comparison to butterfly is: are the nuzns a competitor for d05 or d09c?

D05 is quick and 100% non-sticky, d09c is slower, higher arc and a little sticky…

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
are the nuzns a competitor for d05 or d09c?
As for direct comparison, I don´t have enough experience with the dignics rubbers.

In theory, NUZN may give users of both something they desire? It´s just because I can well imagine that for me NUZN 50 will replace both R48 and C48, as the playing characteristics sit somewhere in between the non-sticky and the slightly sticky Rasanter rubbers - so the d05 user could do with a grippier surface while retaining the speed, the d09c user might want more speed while retaining the spin? It´s guesswork, I know... - so may the tests come in ;-)

Reactions: Bilge Dogan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
from the early reports that is very unlikely.

Nuzn 55 is not sticky/tacky and does play softer than 55°, even being measured to be 52°. By Andros own marketing it is a fast rubber while the dignics 09c has a wider range of gears and is not considered to be one of the fastest rubbers.

Last edited: