Andro rasant

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hi I have bought new andro rasant and rasant powergrip rubbers . I want to know if there are chances of them shrinking after sometime as these are tensor rubbers and what precautions should I take before gluing them to minimise the impact of shrinking

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hi I have bought new andro rasant and rasant powergrip rubbers . I want to know if there are chances of them shrinking after sometime as these are tensor rubbers and what precautions should I take before gluing them to minimise the impact of shrinking

All Tensor rubbers may shrink. Don´t stretch them when putting them on the racket, just drop gently and evenly on the blade. Cut them a little larger, so if you take them off and they do eventually shrink, they won´t be smaller than your blade´s head. If you take them off, glue them back on quickly. They won´t, however, shrink when glued, so if you don´t intend to take them off and back on you should be fine.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
All Tensor rubbers may shrink. Don´t stretch them when putting them on the racket, just drop gently and evenly on the blade. Cut them a little larger, so if you take them off and they do eventually shrink, they won´t be smaller than your blade´s head. If you take them off, glue them back on quickly. They won´t, however, shrink when glued, so if you don´t intend to take them off and back on you should be fine.
Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Do u think keeping it for about 72 hours after opening the packet and keeping the rubber in normal condition to give it a bit of air and time to shrink will help me further?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Do u think keeping it for about 72 hours after opening the packet and keeping the rubber in normal condition to give it a bit of air and time to shrink will help me further?

These rubbers come factory tuned, there is boost on them. The boost makes them play better. The boost effect will last for about a month. Leaving them out for 72 hours makes it so that they no longer play well. Why buy a good rubber like that that plays really well and then undo a good part of why they play so well. You could have just gotten Mark V if you wanted unboosted rubbers without a speed glue effect.

Just glue them on and use them. If you glue them with good Water Based Glue, they won't shrink while glued on unless you stretch them on. When they are worn out and you take them off, they will shrink. At which point you could boost them to make them last a few months longer if you wanted.

But don't worry about this stuff. Use the rubbers. When they are done, get new ones. Even if they shrink a mm or two, it won't effect play. And if you are using edge tape, you may not even realize they have shrunk. You don't hit the ball with the 0.5mm of the edge of the racket. If you do, the ball wont go where you intended anyway.

You got yourself really nice rubbers. Glue them on and enjoy them. Don't stress the little details.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
These rubbers come factory tuned, there is boost on them. The boost makes them play better. The boost effect will last for about a month. Leaving them out for 72 hours makes it so that they no longer play well. Why buy a good rubber like that that plays really well and then undo a good part of why they play so well. You could have just gotten Mark V if you wanted unboosted rubbers without a speed glue effect.

Just glue them on and use them. If you glue them with good Water Based Glue, they won't shrink while glued on unless you stretch them on. When they are worn out and you take them off, they will shrink. At which point you could boost them to make them last a few months longer if you wanted.

But don't worry about this stuff. Use the rubbers. When they are done, get new ones. Even if they shrink a mm or two, it won't effect play. And if you are using edge tape, you may not even realize they have shrunk. You don't hit the ball with the 0.5mm of the edge of the racket. If you do, the ball wont go where you intended anyway.

You got yourself really nice rubbers. Glue them on and enjoy them. Don't stress the little details.

One of the most sensible posts I have ever had the pleasure to read.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy
K thnks