Any advices for my forehand.

This user has no status.
OK, I think most of the motion is pretty good, the only thing is that your momentum is not going forward. See this short video for what I'm talking about:

I think so to im sometimes leaning back, I need to stay foreword, but what on the motion would you fix, do you have any advices in this case ?

This user has no status.
View attachment 28379
Do you have any advices for me so my forehand can get saver and faster. And on my Technic? Thank you very much.
You need to stay leaning forward with your centre of gravity above your left foot. The weight transfer is from right to left foot, not down up. You are leaning backwards at the end because you're trying to go up as much as possible. It's a matter of conviction but you need to be brave enough to go forward through the ball with your stroke.

Reactions: job59
This user has no status.
You need to stay leaning forward with your centre of gravity above your left foot. The weight transfer is from right to left foot, not down up. You are leaning backwards at the end because you're trying to go up as much as possible. It's a matter of conviction but you need to be brave enough to go forward through the ball with your stroke.
Thanks I'll try and fix that. I've got an question about you in youre discription you wrote that you have Viscaria on right Hand and Harimoto ALC on left Hand an diffrent rubbers for both hands, does this mean you are both handed so you can choose to play with what hand you wanne play, if yes wich one is youre stronger and with wich one did you start playing Table Tennis? That's really intressting.

This user has no status.
Thanks I'll try and fix that. I've got an question about you in youre discription you wrote that you have Viscaria on right Hand and Harimoto ALC on left Hand an diffrent rubbers for both hands, does this mean you are both handed so you can choose to play with what hand you wanne play, if yes wich one is youre stronger and with wich one did you start playing Table Tennis? That's really intressting.
I started playing with pips on my left hand for fun, and I can play with both hands together if I wanted to (with one bat on each hand). Some ppl are doubting the legality of it (I think it should be allowed).

I'm way stronger just with my right hand though. The 2 hand set up is just for fun and a bit of trolling but it can be quite strong too while being quite cool. There's a lot of point patterns which just aren't possible with 1 hand playstyles. For eg I can simply LP attack short heavy underspin serves on my left hand and then follow up with loops on my right hand. Or suddenly do a LP chopblock with my left and then finish the point off with my right hand loopkill.

It was also an experiment to see how quickly I can get good with LPs with my offhand, and the answer is yes, LPs are really a shortcut.

Reactions: lucatt
This user has no status.
I started playing with pips on my left hand for fun, and I can play with both hands together if I wanted to (with one bat on each hand). Some ppl are doubting the legality of it (I think it should be allowed).

I'm way stronger just with my right hand though. The 2 hand set up is just for fun and a bit of trolling but it can be quite strong too while being quite cool. There's a lot of point patterns which just aren't possible with 1 hand playstyles. For eg I can simply LP attack short heavy underspin serves on my left hand and then follow up with loops on my right hand. Or suddenly do a LP chopblock with my left and then finish the point off with my right hand loopkill.

It was also an experiment to see how quickly I can get good with LPs with my offhand, and the answer is yes, LPs are really a shortcut.
Thats really intresting and impressive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I think so to im sometimes leaning back, I need to stay foreword, but what on the motion would you fix, do you have any advices in this case ?
I think the rest looks good, and I wouldn't recommend fixing more than one thing at a time anyway. That's a big fix though, would add considerable power to your stroke.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hey lucatt, first I want to say that what I consider to be most important, the weight transfer, or sometimes called "the power from the ground", is present in your technique. We can clearly witness it (as indirect proof) when we see that your non-playing hand moves a long time before your playing hand starts moving. That is because you transfer power from the ground, through the leg and hips, and your body (incl. your non-playing hand) starts rotating, while your playing hand still waits (like being charged), and then it shoots, like with a delay and desto faster. That is there and that is most important.

There are couple of things you can improve, and some things you can experiment with, to see if you like some aspects of it. You can imagine, that after the ball leaves the racket, there is strictly speaking no benefit in doing a big movement, because all you want is to get ready for the next ball as quickly as possible. Of course, we can't just stop immediately and return, that is not possible, and that is not what I mean. We must have follow-through, and actually we reach the max movement speed slightly after the ball contact often. But there is not much need to do some extra movement, especially with your non-playing hand, which moves a lot upwards after the ball hit. That could be reduced. Also the movement of the playing hand will be reduced a bit with time.

Related to this point is the back-swing. Many people said on TTD, most recently blahness, that the efficacy is in the back-swing. This point was also told to me, and I had to work on it. I want to tell it this way. The backswing doesn't and shouldn't go back the same way as the forward swing, these are two different paths. Good is if you try to do backswing like if you try to hit your own body with your elbow. Like as soon as possible. Of course you won't hit yourself, but imagine "as if". That way your elbow (while your arm is quite bent (not straight)) moves by (very close) your body, and it also instinctively induces a proper back rotation and bending of the body. In fact it is the back rotation of the body that is important, or both. If it is not so, the back-swing is slower, that is not optimal.

Finally the thing you can experiment with is the position of your non-playing hand before the stroke. You can simply try to put it lower, and see how it influences your stroke overall. This is not something where people would say this and this is the best. Everybody, incl. profis, do a bit differently. But it does influence the stroke and you can just try and experiment, and see where you feel the best. Cheers.