Best 42-43⁰ range backhand rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
If possible, please organize them in order of speed, spin and hardness.
That's quite a lot to ask for...:giggle:

Honestly, a no-nonsense approach would be to get yourself an Aurus Soft and call it a day.
I just recently glued one on a blade fairly similar to your Fang Bo. Great bh rubber. Should have used it earlier...

says Pimples Schmimples
says Pimples Schmimples
Sep 2022
Why not tell us about your game, how you okay, your current equipment and what your looking for? You can get some good advice that way.
The only rubber I've tried close to that list is Rakza 7 regular. It's like a Volvo car, or a pair of slippers, safe and comfortable and possibly a great rubber for beginner/intermediate. I say possibly cos it also may not suit you depending on where your coming from and your level etc.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
Why not tell us about your game, how you okay, your current equipment and what your looking for? You can get some good advice that way.
The only rubber I've tried close to that list is Rakza 7 regular. It's like a Volvo car, or a pair of slippers, safe and comfortable and possibly a great rubber for beginner/intermediate. I say possibly cos it also may not suit you depending on where your coming from and your level etc.
I do like my equipment, though I found the gold arc 5's topsheet a bit too hard for a backhand rubber. My backhand is good, but I don't know why I don't fiel confident on it. I am looking for a fast rubber, but one that gives me more confidence to be consistent.

says Pimples Schmimples
says Pimples Schmimples
Sep 2022
I do like my equipment, though I found the gold arc 5's topsheet a bit too hard for a backhand rubber. My backhand is good, but I don't know why I don't fiel confident on it. I am looking for a fast rubber, but one that gives me more confidence to be consistent.
I personally use Rakza X Soft at the moment. I used Rakza X Reg for a year before I switched down to Soft to get more control as I look to eliminate inconsistencies from my BH strokes and so far I love it.
It still has speed when you execute your shots properly and there is plenty of spin.

If you are looking for confidence and consistency I have found that slowing down a little makes a huge difference.
I've also found that less speed and more control ( and not trying to hit outright winners as much) to be a better approach as I level up in competition. More often than not I need to build my points over a few shots, hitting precisely to move opponents or force expected returns before finding the winning shot, which I then don't need to hammer, placement and shot selection are playing a bigger part. The control from X Soft has helps a lot in this regard.
Might be a rubber to consider also?

Reactions: kindof99 and kase
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
because it is a really good backhand rubber in that hardness degree.
And is played by a lot of people,go on Revspin and see the comments from 50 Users,
There is a reason some rubbers are accomplished and have that kind of Reputation.
If you like a more Hybrid Style bh then try the Bluegrip2,but I myself played both Bluegrip and Acuda S2,and i found the Acuda predictable,stable and Linear.
It is a bit like the Fastarc series,or the Aurus,..or even Tenergy.

Last edited:
Reactions: amitmnagarwal
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Nittaku Fastarc C1
Donic Acuda S2
Andro Hexer Powergrip SFX
Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX

I have played with all of these and currently I use Hexer Powergrip SFX. Amongst all, Tenergy is the most responsive.
Acuda S2 will cover most of your mistakes and make your backhand look good. Andro is also similar.
Fastarc C1 will be good more for punching the ball, as the feel is more direct amongst all.
All were durable for me, so no complains in that department.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hello eveybody! Can someone compare these rubbers for me? Nittaku fastarc s1, Tibhar FX-P, Xiom Vega Europe, Andro rasanter r42, Yasaka rakza 7 soft. If possible, please organize them in order of speed, spin and hardness.
Speed: fxp >= s1 > r42 >= euro = rakza
Spin: s1 > r42 >= fxp > euro >= rakza
Hardness: s1 > rest

The rest are pretty much the same. Fastarc has bity but hard topsheet.

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Currently I use andro R42 and it's good for spin, but in my game ball also often flies away - to much bouncing from rubber. So I am currently testing Donic S2 on fh which is a bit slower with much more contol and nice for spins. On bh I am testing Tibhar FX-P which is a bit slower than R42 and also Donic S2 with nice control (not to much buncing) and nice spins as well. About Xiom Vega Euro I tried but did not passed because like it does not grab the ball (or you have to make ideal shot).
So, all in all I also like soft rubbers, with no extra speed and I will also go for testing on Tibhar Aurus Soft (I heard just good reviews) and also Tibhar MK FX (hybrid). If anybody tried both of them, pls let me know the difference.
Good luck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
because it is a really good backhand rubber in that hardness degree.
And is played by a lot of people,go on Revspin and see the comments from 50 Users,
There is a reason some rubbers are accomplished and have that kind of Reputation.
If you like a more Hybrid Style bh then try the Bluegrip2,but I myself played both Bluegrip and Acuda S2,and i found the Acuda predictable,stable and Linear.
It is a bit like the Fastarc series,or the Aurus,..or even Tenergy.
Ya , i think , S2 must be giving that stability needed for the BH and at the same time ability to control the game ,to be in the rally and then use FH to win points,

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Ya , i think , S2 must be giving that stability needed for the BH and at the same time ability to control the game ,to be in the rally and then use FH to win points,
of course you need more power than a harder rubber esp. mid and long distance,but if you search for that hardness degree i assume you play near the table wit opening loops more on the controlled and safe side.
I found the Acuda S2 the most predictable and stable bh rubber,if it could go a tick harder i would advice 45° Nittaku Factive.
S2 is more on the spinnier side,while the Factive is more on blocking and placement controll oriented.
That are my opinions,but both are predictable and no SPinmonster (but therefore not as unforgiving if you read the spin wrong and have to save bad strokes,slow footwork,etc..) but they are more than capable of producing Spin if you have the technique.
But i guess the Rasanter 42 is harder to play if mistakes happen,cause it has the same Topsheet as the other R series?
Ah sry thought you wee the op,@amitmnagarwal ,but you play the S2 so maybe you see the Acuda S2 kind of like my impressions.