Best and fastest rubbers for a beginner

This user has no status.
I am looking for the best rubber out of this list of rubbers that I know is very good quality. I can get these rubbers relatively cheap when I go to Taiwan on holiday. These rubbers are for a relatively experienced beginner, who has a simple understanding of spin, and play with Friendship 802 short pips on the backhand. To help you guys, they want the rubber to be fast as a traditional chinese rubber is too slow for them(they liked energy x-tra, which is on my spare bat, but is too expensive for them). Here is the list of rubbers that I think should be good. Do you agree?

Nikkatu Fastarc G-1 £27
Donic Desto F1- colour edition £20
Yasaka Rakza X soft £25
Yasaka Rakza 7 soft £25
Tibhar aurus £22
Butterfly Rozena £19
Butterfly Flextra £15
Nittaku Hammond Z2 £27
Donic Bluestorm S1 turbo £28

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I am looking for the best rubber out of this list of rubbers that I know is very good quality. I can get these rubbers relatively cheap when I go to Taiwan on holiday. These rubbers are for a relatively experienced beginner, who has a simple understanding of spin, and play with Friendship 802 short pips on the backhand. To help you guys, they want the rubber to be fast as a traditional chinese rubber is too slow for them(they liked energy x-tra, which is on my spare bat, but is too expensive for them). Here is the list of rubbers that I think should be good. Do you agree?

Nikkatu Fastarc G-1 £27
Yasaka Rakza X soft £25
Yasaka Rakza 7 soft £25
Tibhar aurus £22
Butterfly Rozena £19
Butterfly Flextra £15
Nittaku Hammond Z2 £27
I think Hammond Z2 and Bluestorm Z1 Turbo would be the fastest in this list.

Reactions: PaddyPolar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
"...simple understanding of spin" I guess this is someone that have been playing for 1-2 years perhaps? A faster rubber with little spin sensitivity is Palio AK47 Yellow. Or perhaps 729 Focus III Snipe 44deg. Really nice rubbers, and faster than the standard Chinese rubbers, when playing more flat hits game.

This list makes no sense at all. It contains everything from Rakza 7 soft to Bluestorm turbo. The softest of the soft to a damn hard rubber.
Get Rakza 7 (normal not soft) and be done with it.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This list makes no sense at all. It contains everything from Rakza 7 soft to Bluestorm turbo. The softest of the soft to a damn hard rubber.

Cheers
L-zr
Thanks for pointing that out.My partner is not very phased by the hardness of rubbers. They went from a Friendship 729 super fx to energy xtra and only noticed the speed change. This is why I prioritized speed in the list, though softer rubbers are better for them. I heard that Rakza 7 is a very good rubber and will take that into consideration.

This user has no status.

Cheers
L-zr
I also see that you're playing with Glayzer and Glayzer 09c. Is that similar to the other rubbers on the list?

I also see that you're playing with Glayzer and Glayzer 09c. Is that similar to the other rubbers on the list?

The harder the rubber is harder you have to hit, that’s something you should be concerned with…
Harder in this context = more difficult to play with.

Glayser is harder than any of the rubbers on your list. Glayser 09C is slow if you don’t hit hard. Glayser is fast even without hitting hard.

I would not recommend this rubber to a beginner or close to beginner.

Given Rakza 7 soft you are talking about a beginner, you can never really compare this rubber with Glayser.

Cheers
L-zr

Rozena would be my pick by a long way. I’m an intermediate player and have played with many faster rubbers including T05 etc but have to say I find Rozena a great all round rubber that builds and gives confidence in strokes.

I have to disagree on this. I take Rakza 7 any day of the week. In fact Rozena is one of the few BTY rubbers I really dislikes. To me it’s a lame duck.

Cheers
L-zr

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tibhar Aurus out of that list by a country mile.

Easy to do all shots, won't get 70% of spin possible with a 20% stroke, but makes it easy to do everything and a good top end and good feel/spin in all strikes.

You cannot ask for better control across a wide range of shots and the rubber last forever.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
If Energy Xtra is too expensive. doesnt that rule out Rozena?

You have to develop fast swings and good touch to use harder sponge profitably. It is usually best for a coach to select the equipment for the player so they can be built according to the coach's philosophy.
IMG_6094.jpeg

We are all coaches 🤣🤣🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023

Nikkatu Fastarc G-1 £27
Yasaka Rakza X soft £25
Yasaka Rakza 7 soft £25
Tibhar aurus £22
Butterfly Rozena £19
Butterfly Flextra £15Nittaku Hammond Z2 £27
the fastest out of that list has to be the s1 turbo or hammond z2. I would look at a rozena or a glayzer as a beginner if I were you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Nikkatu Fastarc G-1 £27
Yasaka Rakza X soft £25
Yasaka Rakza 7 soft £25
Tibhar aurus £22
Butterfly Rozena £19
Butterfly Flextra £15
Nittaku Hammond Z2 £27

Out of the list, I would say C-1 (not G-1). C-1 is fast enough but not too fast. G-1 is a bit fast and a bit harder than your friends woud like.

Second one, Rakza 7 soft.

Third one Rakza X soft.

Also I am not sure if the pricing is correct. Usually Rozena is $40 a sheet. Then G-1, C-1, Razka X soft and Razka 7 soft would be about $44 a sheet but usually you can get discount on them and get it for say $33 or $35 a sheet. you can almost never ever get discount on Butterfly product.

I have no comment on Rozena because I don't use Butterfly product. But I would recommend non-Butterfly products because once you decide to upgrade, Butterfly gets very expensive quickly. Both Fastarc series (C-1 and G-1) and Rakza series rubbers last for a long long time. They simply would not die.

As for Flextra, do not touch that rubber. I have played with Flextra on premade butterfly blades before and it is not a good rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
It would be kinda crazy for your friend to go from a slow Chinese training rubber to super fast and advanced rubbers like Hammond Z2 or Bluestorm. There are several levels of increased speed (and decreasing control) in between.

I'd go with @mocker88 's suggestion and have him go one step up with a semi-bouncy Chinese rubber in the $10-$15 range like Palio AK47 or Focus Snipe. These are the equivalent of intro tensors for about half the price. If you really want to pick something up from Taiwan, get the Rakza 7, Aurus, or C-1 and he can use that on the next rubber change. Hell, get a bunch because those seem like really great prices.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Nikkatu Fastarc G-1 £27
Yasaka Rakza X soft £25
Yasaka Rakza 7 soft £25
Tibhar aurus £22
Butterfly Rozena £19
Butterfly Flextra £15
Nittaku Hammond Z2 £27
Nittaku is unbelievable cheap and popular in Taiwan.

You can look at the entire Fastarc series to mix up the sponge hardness for your friend.
but, these are not traditional chines rubbers, and are way faster out of the package.

I do not agree with you on your wide and confusing selection, but the fact of Fastarc being the top selling in Taiwan among the sport school kids, is pretty solid fact, as it is unbelievable cheap and of good quality, hence it is very popular.

This user has no status.
If Energy Xtra is too expensive. doesnt that rule out Rozena?

You have to develop fast swings and good touch to use harder sponge profitably. It is usually best for a coach to select the equipment for the player so they can be built according to the coach's philosophy.
Rozena is really cheap in Taiwan. If you want to check out the website it is called bolltabletennis.net . We will probably start looking at the softer rubbers first as a lot of people say that hard rubbers are not good for beginners.

Reactions: DaveNewbie