Best blade for Nittaku Fastarc G-1

This user has no status.
Hello everyone,
I'd like to try Nittaku Fastarc G-1 and it looks to me reading some reviews this rubber is best with all wood blades.

I'm also interested in Joola Rossi Emotion, Donic Persson Powerplay and Tibhar Stratus Powerwood. In particular the JRE is currently on discount.

Would JRE be a good candidate for G-1?

Thanks.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I think you should focus more on the blade you want to use. Your playstyle should be aligned with the blade's characteristics and the choice of rubbers is there to boost your strengths or make up for your weaknesses.

For example, if you pick a fast blade, the grippy topsheet of fastarc G-1 can give you more dwell time and margin of error which is good to have during match play.
Make your decision base on your current blade. Think through what you like and not like about your current blade. That will serve as a guideline on how to pick your blade

Reactions: Trevize84
This user has no status.
what is wrong with ur current blade lol
I'd like to have a second setup. I was thinking to buy something faster and harder so that I can start experimenting with different type of equipment. Although JRE shouldn't be too much faster than my current blade and G-1 shouldn't be too different than Vega X that I used to use months ago.

says former JPEN, now CPEN
says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
I'd like to have a second setup. I was thinking to buy something faster and harder so that I can start experimenting with different type of equipment. Although JRE shouldn't be too much faster than my current blade and G-1 shouldn't be too different than Vega X that I used to use months ago.
JRE on discount sounds like a bargain

g1 works well on every blade whether they're carbon or allwood

Reactions: Trevize84
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
The JRE is an excellent blade. Soft feeling upon light touches, and a lot of power in reserve when accelerating. It pairs well with G1 - as many say, G1 isn't picky. I used it on inner carbon blades. Outer carbon (Viscaria family) felt too hard/fast for me, but even there T05 and the like exacerbated that more (for me) than G1 did.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
On the "science" and "art" of matching blade with rubber, that is actually for each individual to decide for himself. There was a very good article on a blog that is gone now that had some great principles even if I wasn't entirely sold on the actual recommendations. The main thing is that you have a range of shots you have a feeling for playing in your game and you need to know whether the equipment enables you to play that range of shots (and of course, the range of shots is affected by the range of incoming balls).

Usually, you need to consider what the rubber/blade combo does at low, medium and fast impacts and the degree to which you can produce balls that respond with low, medium and fast speeds in response to these impacts or spins. For some people, a combo might decelerate the ball too much even when they swing hard, but for other people, the deceleration might be appropriate. Some combos behave a bit counterintuitively if you haven't practiced with them, and sometimes, it is not worth changing your intuition to match them. There is a reason why blades like Viscaria/Innerforce ALC with sticky forehand and D05/T05 backhand are used by a lot of players. It is because they enable a lot of good responses to various balls with training while allowing you to play with power away from the table.

G1 is also in that class, so I don't think Blade choice is as big a deal as OP is making it to be.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Which top layer do you prefer (soft to hard):

* Limba 5-ply (soft) - e.g. Xiom Offensive S (Limba/Limba) or many 5-ply with Ayous 2nd layer
* Limba 7-ply (soft, stiffer) - e.g. Victas Swat, Yinhe 437, Stiga Clipper
* Aneigre (a little harder) - Sweden Extra, Yinhe W6 Loop King
* Walnut (Ma Lin Extra Offensive, Yinhe Pro 5W, Yinhe 537)
* Hinoki or Cypress (Yinhe T series, Sanwei ...)
* Koto (hard, many 5-ply + external ALC blades, or internal ALC blades)

There are fast and slow blades with each top layer so speed depends on the rest of the stack.
E.g. my Limba top Victas Swat is 1150Hz, but my Yinhe Pro-05 is 1356Hz but my Yinhe T11+ is 1744Hz.

Internal ALC plays close to 5-ply, external ALC is more direct/jumpy/faster
* Internal ALC Limba top: DHS Long 5 or Fang Bo B2 or B2X, or Yinhe Pro-05
* External ALC Koto top: Yinhe Pro-01

I don't think FastArc G-1 is a good choice for external or internal ALC blades forehand if they themselves are already fast. Use Hurricane 3 Neo instead with no boosting.

E.g. watch these videos: FastArc, Sticky

I concluded that I am a Limba person when it comes to the top layer (although I like the Yinhe 980XX which I think is - also soft - willow(?)).

This user has no status.
I used Primorac for years so I can say that I like Limbs+Ayous. Then moved to Yasaka Sweden Extra and Anigre is quite nice, the issue with that blade is the small sweet spot. So now I'm on Victas Euro Feeling Off- that has White Ash and is close to Nittaku Violin. Sweet spot is nicer and I don't dislike my setup, but I kind of miss some "features" of my Primorac+Vega X.

Starting from this experience I ended up looking for a medium/hard rubber. Thanks to some of you that replied to another post of mine, I decided to go for Nittaku G-1 (and Tibhar Aurus on BH, so that I can test two different rubbers). For the blade I thought of different possible paths:

1. Tibhar Stratus Powerwood so that I could go back to Limba+Ayous but with an extra thickness for a little more speed. Butterfly Korbel (JP version) would be a better choice, but I hate I have to order the blade from Butterfly Italy because they're the only online seller for the brand and then the rubbers elsewhere and pay double shipment, the glue and the varnish and the risk of gluing stuff myself for the first time. I rather prefer professional and free of charge service on TT11, Dandoy or VSports. Another alternative I was looking at was Sanwei Fextra One or Sanwei Parla.

2. Because I realized I freak out when I hit out of the sweet spot, I was thinking of composite blade. My technique isn't good for carbon and my coach says to stay away from carbon. However if I go composite I would choose an inner carbon to avoid super fast blades and hinoki as an outer layer to get a little help on short game. JRE was "the choice" in this case.

3. My coach uses Butterfly Power 7 and I tried it once. I found that koto outer is as nice as Anigre but the sweet spot of a 7 ply is large enough. Also 6mm or less thickness makes the blade viable for my level. Donic Persson Powerplay is the only choice. Yinhe U2 could be another but I don't trust AliExpress. DHS PG9 is another candidate but opinions on this blade are mixed.

To sum up, I understand from your comments that G-1 will work well on JRE. Also any other choice is as good as JRE for that rubber. Due to suggestions from coach I should rather go for Donic Persson Powerplay. However JRE at 67 euro looks juicy and next week is my bday...

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I used Primorac for years so I can say that I like Limbs+Ayous. Then moved to Yasaka Sweden Extra and Anigre is quite nice, the issue with that blade is the small sweet spot. So now I'm on Victas Euro Feeling Off- that has White Ash and is close to Nittaku Violin. Sweet spot is nicer and I don't dislike my setup, but I kind of miss some "features" of my Primorac+Vega X.

Starting from this experience I ended up looking for a medium/hard rubber. Thanks to some of you that replied to another post of mine, I decided to go for Nittaku G-1 (and Tibhar Aurus on BH, so that I can test two different rubbers). For the blade I thought of different possible paths:

1. Tibhar Stratus Powerwood so that I could go back to Limba+Ayous but with an extra thickness for a little more speed. Butterfly Korbel (JP version) would be a better choice, but I hate I have to order the blade from Butterfly Italy because they're the only online seller for the brand and then the rubbers elsewhere and pay double shipment, the glue and the varnish and the risk of gluing stuff myself for the first time. I rather prefer professional and free of charge service on TT11, Dandoy or VSports. Another alternative I was looking at was Sanwei Fextra One or Sanwei Parla.

2. Because I realized I freak out when I hit out of the sweet spot, I was thinking of composite blade. My technique isn't good for carbon and my coach says to stay away from carbon. However if I go composite I would choose an inner carbon to avoid super fast blades and hinoki as an outer layer to get a little help on short game. JRE was "the choice" in this case.

3. My coach uses Butterfly Power 7 and I tried it once. I found that koto outer is as nice as Anigre but the sweet spot of a 7 ply is large enough. Also 6mm or less thickness makes the blade viable for my level. Donic Persson Powerplay is the only choice. Yinhe U2 could be another but I don't trust AliExpress. DHS PG9 is another candidate but opinions on this blade are mixed.

To sum up, I understand from your comments that G-1 will work well on JRE. Also any other choice is as good as JRE for that rubber. Due to suggestions from coach I should rather go for Donic Persson Powerplay. However JRE at 67 euro looks juicy and next week is my bday...
If you want a modern 7-ply with 5ply feeling, my recommendation is the Bernadette Szocs Signature 1. IT is a blade I would happily play with and I still may. But it is definitely thicker than your 6mm limit, but I love the feeling and the handle. I do not like the Powerwood, but since we have strong supporters of that blade, I will keep the feeling to myself.

But if you get the JRE, that is a good blade too. Good luck with it.