Best forehand in the world ?

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
It is not LGL or his rubber, it is Cpen close to table Fast atack style.....
How old are you? Were you aroung that era? Or you simply just watching youtube and thinking you know it all?
Things has changed, and you are comparing 2 different styles for 2 different eras.....
I haven't been playing TT in that era. I have just watched videos on youtube. But I'm playing TT for nearly 7 years and i think i can understand the era's game.

Last edited:
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
So Cpen Fast Attack has a weak forehand..

hm...

Then Modern defender has a weak backhand lol

What else can i add that doesn't make sense?

The fact is if Cpen Fast Attack players have weak forehand, I suggest they change to another sport or style
If MD has a weak backhand, then why they even bother playing?
I have never said Cpen fast attack players have weak forehand. I have just said they are not as good as today players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Anyway i don't think i can change your ideas or you can change my ideas. But i think you have more chance to do this to me ;)

Another one, based on your theory:
JSH has a weaker backhand to Ma Long because JSH can't top spin the ball on his backhand like Ma Long
So Ma Long has a superior backhand player compared to JSH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Haha, i actually had no chance in this discussion about LGL because Tony and Rajah were in that era and i wasn't. So i think their idea about LGL are more complete than me.

Well SP hitters is still around and hardly alive nowadays.
Go and look at He Zhi Wen of Spain, or a more younger player - 1st division player from Shaanxi provincial team.
You can see no top spin what so ever. Not because he doesn't know how to, it is because it is not the style of play.

Style determines everything, determines tactics, determines equipment etc

You can't compare SP - close to table fast attack with a Cpen top spin player and compare the advantage of the one (Cpen top spin) and say the other one is inferior.
Era then is determine by major changes in the sport, thus change equipment, change styles, change tactics.
In the past 20 years, we have 21 to 11 point change, 38mm to 40mm ball change, speed glue ban, just to list some major ones.
Some of these ended careers, some of them made world champions
Each era the table tennis is all different, and now we are entering a new era with the poly balls

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Well SP hitters is still around and hardly alive nowadays.
Go and look at He Zhi Wen of Spain, or a more younger player - 1st division player from Shaanxi provincial team.
You can see no top spin what so ever. Not because he doesn't know how to, it is because it is not the style of play.

Style determines everything, determines tactics, determines equipment etc

You can't compare SP - close to table fast attack with a Cpen top spin player and compare the advantage of the one (Cpen top spin) and say the other one is inferior.
Era then is determine by major changes in the sport, thus change equipment, change styles, change tactics.
In the past 20 years, we have 21 to 11 point change, 38mm to 40mm ball change, speed glue ban, just to list some major ones.
Some of these ended careers, some of them made world champions
Each era the table tennis is all different, and now we are entering a new era with the poly balls
Agree with you. But i don't think changing to poly balls will effect players like the 38mm to 40mm or speed glue ban.
The latest reviews that i have read about them and also CNT matches with them makes me not to be worry about the change.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Agree with you. But i don't think changing to poly balls will effect players like the 38mm to 40mm or speed glue ban.
The latest reviews that i have read about them and also CNT matches with them makes me not to be worry about the change.

I guess thats the difference between you and me.
LP will defiantly be affected.
Maybe not that many LP in mens top 100, but womens will be affect

Clearly spin in FZD game was reduced too
I guess I saw it but you didnt :)

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I guess thats the difference between you and me.
LP will defiantly be affected.
Maybe not that many LP in mens top 100, but womens will be affect

Clearly spin in FZD game was reduced too
I guess I saw it but you didnt :)
Yes, the spin was less than before.
I saw all of the 4 videos several times. And i have to say they played much better than i expect.
I recommend you to see the first set between Zhang Jike and Fan Zhendong. They played good, not great but still good. They were not fully adjusted yet but still there was some great counter-loop rallies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Yes, the spin was less than before.
I saw all of the 4 videos several times. And i have to say they played much better than i expect.
I recommend you to see the first set between Zhang Jike and Fan Zhendong. They played good, not great but still good. They were not fully adjusted yet but still there was some great counter-loop rallies.

Fan Zhendong was affected the most IMO.His reliance of backhand flicks was failing him alot as the poly balls drop short.But after a while theyll adjust 100% and play with these balls great again.

Reactions: akonebrahim
This user has no status.
Guys, we are talking about forehand. Ok some will say that forehand lob still is a forehand, but I don't think it is the best way to win points in table tennis, it is just a way to save some desperate points, that's all. I am talking about top spin, or even push, but no lob, please.

Hello paellota, please watch this whole youtube movie, i know Saive in his later periods of play played a lot of lobs, but in his best years like you could see in this movie he played the forehand very directly and did not not lob a lot.
I hope you realize lobbing against Waldner in those days was not a possibility to win a match against him :D.

Pretending Saive could only play a forehand lob is ridiculously outrageous ! The man had a bad backhand but managed to become world number one.
Well yeah, he must have lobbed his way to the top :cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Hello paellota, please watch this whole youtube movie, i know Saive in his later periods of play played a lot of lobs, but in his best years like you could see in this movie he played the forehand very directly and did not not lob a lot.
I hope you realize lobbing against Waldner in those days was not a possibility to win a match against him :D.

Pretending Saive could only play a forehand lob is ridiculously outrageous ! The man had a bad backhand but managed to become world number one.
Well yeah, he must have lobbed his way to the top :cool:

Nice wording.I guess you have a pun on the word lobbed?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Great topic guys, wow! For me it's Wang Liqin! I think he changed TT forehand technique for the better and many young players such as Ma Long, Yan An and Fan Zhendong copied and advanced his technique.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Right now, I think Ma Long and Xu Xin have the best FH.
In the past, Wang Liqin and Guo Yuehua had the best FH in their respective eras. Ma Lin and Kim Taek Soo were very good too.

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
Great topic guys, wow! For me it's Wang Liqin! I think he changed TT forehand technique for the better and many young players such as Ma Long, Yan An and Fan Zhendong copied and advanced his technique.

Yan An is another story, his forehand is mix between euro/japan style and chinese. But more like euro, it's my favourite technique

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
I don't like yan an's forehand. I think his technique is a bit weird and not really beautiful. The bat ends its path in front of his eyes... Don't like it.