Best forehand in the world ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Liu's forehand was one of the best that time but not the best. For ME Ma lin's forehand was much better. Also i hate Liu's forehand style. He just hit the ball again and again and again without spinning it until his opponent miss the ball.
Anyway forehand is not just about speed that Liu has. It's also about spin, control, tactics and different techniques.

LGL
Speed - yes
Spin - no
Control - yes
Tactics - yes (best brain of all time debate possiblity too)
Different techniques - hmm... he still loop the ball, so maybe half a yes/he sure didn't use RPB on his fh side, so no then

so 3 yes vs 2 no
1 grand slam - result big yes!!
history - weak Chinese team vs strong Swedish team - Era big yes!!!
So I think LGL has a great forehand to achieve this

Sorry you don't like his style, but your disliking of one style is not enough to discredit that entire style of play or discredit that his forehand is weak.
It is sad if table tennis just become 1 dimentional and the only thing seperating it is right hand players and left hand players.

I would like to see SP/MP/LP, loopers etc
SP has defensive/block and attacked, same applies for MP
LP has classic and modern etc
But 40+ ball might kill classic and modern defense......

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Tony i keep on liking your posts lol, i think some of the viewers do not understand the effects of each rubbers. Funny at the same time interesting to read.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Lol, thank you for your liking
Table tennis is really too complicate to just have a "best".
I hate it when people ask me, what is the best rubber, best blade, best coach, best this, best that.
Time to step outside the box and see hundreds of influential factors to determine best, and same applies here.

Reactions: nareshb513
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I can compare a fish(Liu Gouliang) and a cat(Ma Lin). Then say fish is better swimmer(looping without spin) and cat is better jumper(looping with spin). Just easy as that.

So i see you can compare a fish from a cat then i believe that you also know the effect of pimples out compared to pimps in.. so defntly i believe you understand the reason behind their playing style. Lol. Youre the best man!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
So i see you can compare a fish from a cat then i believe that you also know the effect of pimples out compared to pimps in.. so defntly i believe you understand the reason behind their playing style. Lol. Youre the best man!

You know what
JSH has a much better away from the table forehand chop.
Ma Lin or Ma Long sure can't do it that well/at all

JSH has the best forehand!!!!

Speaking with a mind of a classic defender

Reactions: Alborz
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012

Yes, I know the different between pimples out and pimples in rubbers.
Something i have to say here. Playing style will make you choose the equipment not equipment make you choose your style.
If you want to compare players forehand you doesn't need to compare their equipment. Their equipment is a part of their playing style.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Yes, I know the different between pimples out and pimples in rubbers.
Something i have to say here. Playing style will make you choose the equipment not equipment make you choose your style.
If you want to compare players forehand you doesn't need to compare their equipment. Their equipment is a part of their playing style.

Thats basically the reason why ma lin is playing that way and why LGL is playing that way.. difftent style diffrent rubbers pimps in and pimps out and yet you compared their spin.. :) youre are the best man!

Reactions: tan.theveteran
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Thats basically the reason why ma lin is playing that way and why LGL is playing that way.. difftent style diffrent rubbers pimps in and pimps out and yet you compared their spin.. :) youre are the best man!

Ok, Liu spin is less than Ma Lin because of his rubber. So what? I doesn't mean LGL will have more spin if he uses Ma Lin's rubbers. And it doesn't mean Ma Lin will be faster if he plays will LGL's rubbers. It doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
You know what
JSH has a much better away from the table forehand chop.
Ma Lin or Ma Long sure can't do it that well/at all

JSH has the best forehand!!!!

Speaking with a mind of a classic defender

Agree. But then you cant compare an offensive and a defensive player regarding their style of play and their abilities.

Reactions: akonebrahim
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Agree. But then you cant compare an offensive and a defensive player regarding their style of play and their abilities.

The fact is you can't compare/rate any style forehand with each other, not only just for Off and Def playing styles.

LGL game is not about spin, it is about speed
So now LGL is not good because he doesn't use spin at all....
Now that is comparing styles, no different in saying that Ma Long can't chop away from the table to save his life

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Ok, Liu spin is less than Ma Lin because of his rubber. So what? I doesn't mean LGL will have more spin if he uses Ma Lin's rubbers. And it doesn't mean Ma Lin will be faster if he plays will LGL's rubbers. It doesn't mean anything.

It is not LGL or his rubber, it is Cpen close to table Fast atack style.....
How old are you? Were you aroung that era? Or you simply just watching youtube and thinking you know it all?
Things has changed, and you are comparing 2 different styles for 2 different eras.....

Reactions: tan.theveteran
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
So Cpen Fast Attack has a weak forehand..

hm...

Then Modern defender has a weak backhand lol

What else can i add that doesn't make sense?

The fact is if Cpen Fast Attack players have weak forehand, I suggest they change to another sport or style
If MD has a weak backhand, then why they even bother playing?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
The fact is you can't compare/rate any style forehand with each other, not only just for Off and Def playing styles.

LGL game is not about spin, it is about speed
So now LGL is not good because he doesn't use spin at all....
Now that is attacking the style, not attacking LGL or his rubber.

Im not attacking anyone or any style of play or rubber type.But threads like these do draw difference of opinion.After all,its everyones personal opinion on who has the better forehand

Reactions: akonebrahim