Best forehand in the world ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Apparently, six guys play better than him.

But even if he were the best player in the world, I wouldn't like his technique. And I don't like his game either. It's a no brain game based on pure speed and power and taking the ball as early as possible. Really boring to watch. Points end too quickly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Apparently, six guys play better than him.

But even if he were the best player in the world, I wouldn't like his technique. And I don't like his game either. It's a no brain game based on pure speed and power and taking the ball as early as possible. Really boring to watch. Points end too quickly.

then his approach is similar to Ma Long.Speed and Power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
then his approach is similar to Ma Long.Speed and Power.
No, definitely not. Ma Long is powerful and quick but also has a brain and a capacity to play different kinds of shots when needed. And he doesn't hit the ball so early. He's not a robot like Yan an.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
No, definitely not. Ma Long is powerful and quick but also has a brain and a capacity to play different kinds of shots when needed. And he doesn't hit the ball so early. He's not a robot like Yan an.

He is definitely not robotish.He has a bit of variation.If he never,I doubt he could have made the top 10

Reactions: akonebrahim
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Ok, compared to a player like me, yan an is obviously a genius, has an IQ of at least 220. But I am just saying that compared to the players of his level, he just thinks less, has less variation. Obviously you can't be totally stupid to reach this ranking.

This user has no status.
I would say Ma Long. But his shot game is poor on forehand. Xu Xin's and Zhang Jike's short pushes on forehand is much better than Ma Long. Ma Long is the best at counter looping close to the table, third ball and flicking. Xu Xin is the best at counter looping in middle distance and far from the table. Zhang Jike is the best at short pushes.

Anyway, table tennis in not just about the forehand. It also need good backhand, footwork, serving, short game and ...

I dissagree about Zhang Jike having the best short game. Xu Xin has a better short game than both Ma Long and Zhang Jike. Zhang Jikes touch on the forehand is even weaker than Ma Longs touch but Zhang Jike plays much smarter than Ma Long.

Ma Longs short game is good but he prepares himself for that long ball too early and then when he gets a short return hes too late and than he invites the opponent to attack.

Reactions: Alborz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Current:

FH loop away from the table: Xu Xin because of the monster side spin and power.

FH close to the table: Ma Long because he's just so quick at it

FH opening: Timo Boll because of the incredible amount of spin he generates

FH counter: Zhang Jike and he uses this to great effect against Ma Long's flicks.

FH flick: Ma Long

FH block: Don't really know. Maybe Yan An or Kenta Matsudaira?

All time:

FH away from the table: Wang Liqin because of his power

FH close to the table: Either Waldner because of his pin-point placement/sidespin and variety or Ma Lin because of his devastating FH. It's very much possible that Waldner's versatile and unpredictable forehand won him more points than Ma Long's super speed.

FH opening: Could be Timo Boll again.

FH counter: Perphaps Zhang Jike. Not sure on this one.

FH flick: Ma Lin

FH Block: Who other than the master of blocking: Waldner

I hope that covers it :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Ryu Seung Min

When he was on during the Glue Era, NO ONE had a better FH, ever!

Only one to come close is Wang Liqin.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
end of discussion hands down.

Popeye & Hiz Spinach

popeye3.jpg