Best LP for casual play?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Update: I've decided on the Dawei 388D-1, but cant decide between provincial and normal. Provincial seems to be 10 aud more, as i've got an aliexpress welcoming deal. Which should i chose between provincial and normal pips?
Go cheap. Get it with some sponge. 0.6mm would be a good start for all around LP play.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I also use smooth rubber on both sides. Sometimes I play with long pimples for fun. I currently like TSP Curl P1. There is a lot of control, they absorb speed well, there is a sense of grip and the ability to create a strong bottom rotation, of course, if you have the technique. I don't have :).
Grass D tecs seemed more difficult to me.
Thanks guys for the reviews on Dawei, I will definitely try it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
The OX rubber is just the long pips top rubber sheet with no sponge.
But you can order a e.g. 0.5mm, 0.8mm, 1.0mm, 1.3mm, or thicker sponge under the rubber long pips top sheet. With the sponge (which can be soft or hard or medium) you get less spin reversal but better control for a quasi-top spin moves. I think chopping is more fun with e.g. a 0.8mm sponge. Also I am used to it now so I can do any move with this sponge, even spin reversal. I follow Sebastian Sauer's tutorial (loose wrist) and brush in the direction of the spin, so it doesn't change even with sponge.
I am not that great yet but my feeling for the ball has improved drastically since playing long pips on one side, also I am twiddling so I still have my b/h top spin (with a Hurricane 3 Neo) which is working really well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
If you are on a tight budget get the std. Dawei 388D-1. I use 0.8mm sponge and there is a difference compared to 1 or 1.2mm (of course a small difference but the more sponge you have the more you have to play like short or medium pips, i.e. take spin into account).
Also a comparable rubber on TT11 is the Neottec Tokkan 1mm sponge (a little slower than the Dawei).
I also have the Dawei 388D-1 professional (got it for $10) and I don't see a difference to the non-professional one. Maybe better quality control?.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
There's the dawei 388d-1, it's the basic long pip, can't go wrong with it.

The victas curl p1v is the tsp p1r, the best chopping long pips, used by everyone.

And for blocking, there's the donic piranha.

If you want chinese pips, the yinhe neptune palio ck531a, yinhe qing.

The best of the Chinese long pips is the dawei saviga v. Dawei makes the best long pips.

The grass dtecs is really fast and hard af to control. I wouldn't recommend it.