Blade for fh looping and short pips bh

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
The sp is just called moristo sp, it's by nittaku. I use 2.0 sponge on both sides.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
It's because it my birthday percent.
So max budget is 110 euros.
Any good suggestion where I can order a wood that's fit short middle pips to bh. And which pips and ind what thickness and a inverted rubber to fh

says Sorry I`m in Bulgaria (eastern europe) .
says Sorry I`m in Bulgaria (eastern europe) .
Apr 2017
Clipper and P700 WERE goods pips blades in 38mm ball era.
Beeing myself pips player i`m sure that will not come back to pure wood.
I can recommed you Victas Firefall SC it is a quality blade at reasonable price.

I just wonder what is your style of play with rasanter 42 beeing too soft to play close to table , while on distance with medium pips the only option is to chop

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I´we ordered some new equipment that im happy to recieve in 3-4 days from Spinfactory.
I ordered a P700 blade
Dr. Neubauer Killer Pro 1,3 mm to backhand
Yasaka Rakza 7 soft in max to forehand.

I think that im getting a really good table tennis racket from now on????

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Sanwei fextra 7 blade.
Nittaku Zieger 50 on fh and middel pips backhand.
Fantastic setup. I really enjoy it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
For the short pips rubbers there are some good reviews at https://blog.tabletennis11.com/, look for Moristo SP AX and Moristo SP. I use the (previous) Mima Ito rubbers, Moristo SP and FastArc G1 both "super-thick" (2.0) on a Sanwei Fextra blade. Works great for me. The Fextra is a little faster than other 7-ply blades with top limba like Yinhe 437 PD. I am not sure yet whether I need carbon since I stay at the table mostly. Whether that blade is better than your current one is uncertain, you would have to try it. If you compare Fextra to Ma Lin Carbon you may not see much of a difference. I see a difference of Fextra against qualitatively different blades like the Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (harder top wood).

Reactions: MOG
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I think the question about the level is pretty spot on. As an example, I was about 1300 after the 2019 US Open (after playing for 9 months) and I am not seeing an advantage right now going to carbon. As the EJ in my name says I have more than one blade and I did play a Clipper equivalent (Yinhe PD 437) with H3Neo and Yinhe Pluto SP. This setup played really nicely but also not much different from the Fextra/Nittaku combination or from the Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon/Rakza PO/Rakza 7 Soft combination. I conclude that when staying at the table *and* also playing strong top spin on one side and SP on the other side it's better to err on the side of top spin blade (SP works fine with it) as opposed to using a harder blade (where top spin becomes much more difficult unless your technique is already very good).
So in the USA 1000-1500 range I see no point using a fast carbon blade until the technique is really good or you have a coach who tells you to use one.

I do want to say I am currently leaning to conventional short pips (Moristo SP) as opposed to "spinpips" (Rakza PO, Moristo SP AX, TSP SpinPips) precisely because blocking strong top spin is easier with the more conventional short pips.

Last edited:
Reactions: MOG
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hi MOG, thanks I'll try, I have a Yinhe Pro Feeling here but haven't had time to try it out.