Boosting H3 Neo .. national version needed?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
No problem.
So you claim that pros like FZD, Ma Long, Lian Jingkun, etc dont boost their rubbers because it is illegal.
The fact that boosting is illegal is correct. Any change to the rubber after it comes from the factory is forbidden.

The legal limbo we have here is, that boosting with haifu or tlb is undetectable and ittf hasnt yet found any way to do otherwise.

But still that doesnt proof that pros are boosting!
What does proof it is the look of their rackets. If you check ingame footage or videos (preferable in HD, otherwise you cant quite see that in closeup) you gonna see the signature way a boosted rubber looks. If the lighting is reflected from their forehand rubbers you see domed/slightly curled edges and you gonna see the pimple structure of the rubber. If you have a new unboosted h3 you wont be able to see the pimple structure like that. Unboosted they are quite closer and nearly unable to see.

Finally, i am sry for being "rude". But using your superficial knowledge to help someone isnt quite helpful or nice either.
They don't give a damn on illegal or not, almost all pros are boosting. It's said that chinese players have some factory boosted rubbers, but I'm pretty sure they add extra-boosting, you'll always see the pimples structure on their rubbers, as they are very old or pimples out. And european players also boost their rubbers, most of them from junior level, but they do that on already soft rubbers.

I used booster once on my 1st Neo Hurricane 3 and it suddenly became more bouncy, had more gears, while maintaining the low throw angle. But in a couple of weeks it became a bit "dead" again, maybe a bit softer, but still nice. The current one is unboosted and I like it more like that.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Reactions: nymose
says Innerforce blades are sold! Im sorry. How about the...
Oct 2020
Sry but this is utterly nonsense. Get your information straight before giving advice to people trying to play with chinese rubbers.

I usually buy the stuff from AliExpress. There are many suppliers who have different thickness and hardness for your choice.
Boosting with haifu seamoon is good. You should head for around 3 thin layers:
Boost directly on the neo sponge, let it dry. Then go for another layer after around 24 hours.
When the layer is dry, put a layer of glue onto the sponge. When this one is dry, head for the last boosting layer. Until this moment the rubber should be already domed.
After another 1-2 days you should already glue the rubber to the blade if needed. Otherwise you can some more days so the rubber can undome itself a bit.

Hf experimenting with the chinese rubbers. If you get a hand for it and like to play this way, then you should try the provincial/national versions of the rubbers. They are more consistent and general from a higher quality. The boosting outcome is usually a bit better too.

So I will put a layer of boost directly on the sponge after opening the package right ? no layer of glue needed at first?

Yea aliexpress got some legit sellers and really good prices .. But my current FH rubber is dying .. Cant wait a month for shipping..

What do u think about this site ? https://dhs-729.eu/de/belaege/42-48...rz/28-dicke-215_mm/31-harte_des_schwammes-h39

Its based in czech so shipping wont take long .. prices are good.
Im just scared to buy a fake h3 ...
Nobody on this forum knows anything about this site yet I think

Oct 2020
They don't give a damn on illegal or not, almost all pros are boosting. It's said that chinese players have some factory boosted rubbers, but I'm pretty sure they add extra-boosting, you'll always see the pimples structure on their rubbers, as they are very old or pimples out. And european players also boost their rubbers, most of them from junior level, but they do that on already soft rubbers.

I used booster once on my 1st Neo Hurricane 3 and it suddenly became more bouncy, had more gears, while maintaining the low throw angle. But in a couple of weeks it became a bit "dead" again, maybe a bit softer, but still nice. The current one is unboosted and I like it more like that.

Are u using a h3 unboosted right now ? Are u fine with that ? Whats your playstyle like ? strong attacking player or more like allround, spinny, safe player ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
So I will put a layer of boost directly on the sponge after opening the package right ? no layer of glue needed at first?

Yea aliexpress got some legit sellers and really good prices .. But my current FH rubber is dying .. Cant wait a month for shipping..

What do u think about this site ? https://dhs-729.eu/de/belaege/42-48...rz/28-dicke-215_mm/31-harte_des_schwammes-h39

You won't find fake hurricane on AliExpress, unless you are looking for fake hurricane 3 like this (see the options)
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPjEO39

Almost all table tennis shops sell genuine products and Toki & Chinese Ping Pong are official resellers for all chinese brands. The prices are the best, the shipping is free(no extra charges), if the product has issues you apply for a refund(dispute), if you don't receive the order you ask for total refund and in most cases you'll receive the money back with no issues. I had some tiny disputes with some sellers with products that haven't arrived on time, got the refund, and received them 5 months later. I even had an issue when the seller and AliExpress refused the refund twice, then I contacted my bank and cancelled the visa payment, 5 months later. So, go on, buy a rubber from the local seller, but the backup is mandatory from china :)

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.

I saw them already but never bought from them bc of the unreal shipping prices... You can test them and use the anti counterfeiting site from dhs. Then you can be sure whether they sell fakes or not.

Usually i get my stuff in 2-3 weeks from most AliExpress stores. And 3 weeks was from Chinese PingPong store in the middle of corona. Mai or smth
Package got stucked at the airport probably.

@boosting topic: not quite. If you get your Hurricane 3 neo and unpack it you will see a gluing layer under the white protective sheet. Wait a day or 2 until this layer becomes invisable. Then start boosting. Otherwise you gonna destroy the layer with the booster and the booster will soak into the sponge too fast. This can cause quite the dmg to the sponge so it might break before you finish boosting.

I did this once. Though my rubber "survived" it domed way too hard with the second layer already, so i couldnt glue it propperly. And it never undomed. After 2 weeks i tried to glue it and it got lose in the first hour of training...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
No problem.
So you claim that pros like FZD, Ma Long, Lian Jingkun, etc dont boost their rubbers because it is illegal.
The fact that boosting is illegal is correct. Any change to the rubber after it comes from the factory is forbidden.

The legal limbo we have here is, that boosting with haifu or tlb is undetectable and ittf hasnt yet found any way to do otherwise.

But still that doesnt proof that pros are boosting!
What does proof it is the look of their rackets. If you check ingame footage or videos (preferable in HD, otherwise you cant quite see that in closeup) you gonna see the signature way a boosted rubber looks. If the lighting is reflected from their forehand rubbers you see domed/slightly curled edges and you gonna see the pimple structure of the rubber. If you have a new unboosted h3 you wont be able to see the pimple structure like that. Unboosted they are quite closer and nearly unable to see.

Finally, i am sry for being "rude". But using your superficial knowledge to help someone isnt quite helpful or nice either.
I did write "hmm" and "most likely". I thought that would make my comment sound more unsure and more like a wondering than a fact that I claimed (which I didn't). Sorry if that wasn't enough.

Aarh yes, I have noticed the more clear looking pimple structure in pro equipment pictures and wondered in the past if that was because of extra boosting. Or maybe because I read about it somewhere. But I maybe thought that it could just be the lightning and cameras or something.
So regarding H3 provincial and national, I just thought that besides being better quality, that they were extra boosted with undetectable booster, since I guess that could maybe still get ittf approved. But I don't know. I'm just wondering and guessing. But maybe I should try boosting myself to see what it's all about ;)

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Well "most likely" doesnt mean perhaps or maybe in my translation^^

Anway. For a clearer explanation about hurricane 3 and boosting:
The neo version itself (commercial, provincial, national doesnt matter here) means that this rubber is already factory tuned (ittf approved, so legal procedure)
Though this is literally just making this rubber more receptive for the boosting procedure itself (illegal procedure). But their is no machine or process which can detect this until now. That is why everyone can use this without any consequences.

As Aurelian Mihai already mentioned, the hurricane 3 (neo) is a pretty dead rubber if unboosted. You really need to put a lot of effort into your strokes to perform a topspin. Performing fast and deadly shots is even harder. If your physical condition and technique allows you to perform this consistently, you can definitly play this rubber without boosting.
Otherwise you gonna give this rubber his desired booster and have a more deadlier rubber with more gears, spin and control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Well "most likely" doesnt mean perhaps or maybe in my translation^^

Anway. For a clearer explanation about hurricane 3 and boosting:
The neo version itself (commercial, provincial, national doesnt matter here) means that this rubber is already factory tuned (ittf approved, so legal procedure)
Though this is literally just making this rubber more receptive for the boosting procedure itself (illegal procedure). But their is no machine or process which can detect this until now. That is why everyone can use this without any consequences.

As Aurelian Mihai already mentioned, the hurricane 3 (neo) is a pretty dead rubber if unboosted. You really need to put a lot of effort into your strokes to perform a topspin. Performing fast and deadly shots is even harder. If your physical condition and technique allows you to perform this consistently, you can definitly play this rubber without boosting.
Otherwise you gonna give this rubber his desired booster and have a more deadlier rubber with more gears, spin and control.
Well, I guess it's a more certain maybe. maybe. Whatever, I'll try better or less in future ^^'

Okay, then what makes the provincial and national versions better than regular? Quality of material and how well it reacts to booster?

Just ordered some Haifu Oil to try out. Have some cj8000 36-38 rubbers that I don't use because they lack a few upper gears. Just to see what'll happen. How many layers would you suggest?

This user has no status.
You can read about this in the interview with DHS:
https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=35876

In summary this means that the commercial version has probably less to zero quality control, so the sheets you get can differ quite much in terms of hardness and therefore feel. In case i chose to play with hurricane after testing it i would always buy provincial or even national rubbers if im not on a budget.

I guess with haifu oil you mean the product haifu seamoon bc the real haifu oil is hard to get if you dont live in China.
36-38 isnt that hard already. Therefore i would just boost it slightly for mere effect not to soften the sponge too much. So 1-2 layers would be enough i suppose.

Though i must admit that i have 0 experience with boosting this rubber and, so i have no clue about the outcome of it^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
You can read about this in the interview with DHS:
https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=35876

In summary this means that the commercial version has probably less to zero quality control, so the sheets you get can differ quite much in terms of hardness and therefore feel. In case i chose to play with hurricane after testing it i would always buy provincial or even national rubbers if im not on a budget.

I guess with haifu oil you mean the product haifu seamoon bc the real haifu oil is hard to get if you dont live in China.
36-38 isnt that hard already. Therefore i would just boost it slightly for mere effect not to soften the sponge too much. So 1-2 layers would be enough i suppose.

Though i must admit that i have 0 experience with boosting this rubber and, so i have no clue about the outcome of it^^
Thanks, then I guess it would be fine to try out the commercial one first.

Aarh yeah of course, it's the cheap substitute stuff from ttnpp. Don't know how well that works ^^'

It's fine. I'll just figure out how it works.

Hey folks!

I wanna try the H3 boosted.
People say the national version goes best with boosting.

But they are so expensive like 80-100$ ...

so is national version really needed ? or can I have good results with the com. version as well ?

Get the Xiom Tau II instead. Much cheaper and at least you get more than what you pay for.

Reactions: nymose
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
For a ESN user, having never tried a chinese rubber, all chinese tacky rubbers need to be boosted even the softer ones.

For an european player, having played only with tensor rubbers, chinese cheap rubbers like Kokutaku (8usd for two rubbers on AliExpress) aren't so different from DHS Hurricane 3/Neo 3 national or commercial. They all have the same feeling: hard and rigid sponge, dead feeling and they are very tacky, which decrease their speed and even the spin on soft touches. What makes them special? They don't have a speed limit, if you hit hard, they are bombs, if you hit slow, with short movements, the ball won't even reach the net. They won't help you if you don't help yourself, they have 0 tolerance for errors, that's why you will have a better technique if you learn with them.

If you buy them for short term improvement in your results, chinese rubbers are a waste of money, no matter what the brand and the version. You need patience and a lot of work, otherwise you'll say that they are the worse rubbers.

I started playing for fun 2 years ago (33 years, completely NOOB level), after a couple of months I made my first combo with a pair of 2 Kokutaku 868 and I improved a lot. In the summer of 2019 I've switched for Rakza 7 and Rakza X and for a month I felt like a god but after 3 months I felt that my technique didn't improved anymore. So now I'm using a combo of tacky Neo 3 on forehand and non tacky ESN on backhand. I have 2 setups which are good for tournaments but I have also a training setup with a 5usd blade and 2 rubbers Kokutaku 868 for less than 8USD. All these setups are from AliExpress and I spent less than 80 usd on them.

I'm still a begginer on amateur level, but I can tell you that using expensive equipment won't improve your technique.

Here I have some recent videos playing for fun with my friends (I play penhold, rare thing in Romania):

https://youtu.be/gB0rCltC3Sw

https://youtu.be/VgmbWsPcX-8

https://youtu.be/v70ThDrlJjg

And here you have some good videos about rubbers

https://youtu.be/jFe9CiNSX_c

https://youtu.be/YkdAxfA_3wE

I’ve used Chinese tacky rubbers un-boosted and still do. I also use boosted as well.
to say ‘all Chinese tacky rubbers NEED to be boosted’ is fine, not necessarily correct, they can be played un-boosted. They still perform very well. Sometimes an un-boosted version may actually suit a player better.

boosting is really a personal preference, you can play around with some cheap sheets of a rubber and boost in different ways until you find / decide how you like the rubber to feel and play. This could be with 3 layers of booster ‘x’ or 1 layer of booster ‘y’ and so on.
Also the number of glue layers / total thickness of the glue layers can also make a difference to how a rubber feels.

‘playing in’ is another option, this softens the sponge/rubber as well, some players prefer, using a single thin coat of booster to ‘take the edge off the rubber’ and then just play.

if you are going to boost and use thicker / more glue layers, make sure you use 2.1mm, NOT max sponge because the additional thickness of booster / glue can increase the overall thickness over the max allowed sponge rubber thickness, rendering the set-up illegal ( easy to measure thickness, not so easy to detect the booster!!! ) of course this is more relevant for top level play!!!