Bty Petr Korbel (Hungary) vs Tibhar Stratus Power Wood

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way your rubber is too difficult to get it

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

Yeah. People liked the Karis M so much it is very hard to get right now. It's too bad.

Maybe try Vega Europe.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: dominus7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Yeah. People liked the Karis M so much it is very hard to get right now. It's too bad.

Maybe try Vega Europe.

My setup is Primorac with Vega euro 2.0 both sides, it comes soon, I'll send a footage when I have the opportunity.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
This is possibly the best thread I have ever read. Some excellent stuff from NL and Carl.
I have been messing around ejing for 2 years.
I personally was using the wrong bh rubber (hurricane 3 now)
tried about 20 blades recently.
I have a stratus as blade now! im giving it 2 months and if I don't learn to control it properly, im dropping down to an stiga allround evo.

I have played for 20 years but my fh is bad at times, bh pretty good.

the advice about blades from Carl is excellent and should be featured on the home page!!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I thought about this for a minute or two and something came to my mind. Back in NYTTF a lot of the non asian players would say things like, "Hurricane 3, watch out, it is really heavy." And then there was this contingent of asian players who were using these DHS rackets with H3 on both sides and when you picked it up, it had to weight 250+ grams, where the blade was a totally solid tank and the rubbers were definitely as heavy as anything out today. But these guys never seemed to notice the weight of their rackets.

I personally might find them a little heavier than I would want. But these guys were used to them and played pretty well with what they were using.
I've tried a Joola Viva paired with 2 DHS hurricane 3 and i felt lighter than my donic, my classmate, the owner of this bat, realized too and about the difference between the hardness of h3 and rakza 7 the speed is more with the rakza [emoji15] , I know the Viva hasn't the same composition to compare between them, but I just wanted to tell this anecdote.
So we can assume the feeling heavier or lighter comes from the last bat, because you're mentally comparing, by the way,
THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU!!! [emoji122]
Because I've reading this post many times, and I've learned a lot, I hadn't the opportunity to get a virtuoso, or a Peter pan, or nexy karys, and may be in the future I'll try to get again, I'm focusing in other areas, the duty is calling.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Having looked at the video you posted, good luck with this. You really do not understand that a lot of people posting tjese things about blades being too slow for the plastic ball don't know what they are talking about and the better ones are speaking from an advanced perspective. I posted videl of myself using a Primorac to play at a level far beyond yours at the moment. So tell me again why it is too slow for the plastic ball?
I've seen your video, and isn't too slow, by the way, I would like to know the rubbers that you were using, I saw the Joola was slow but paired with two Chinese soft medium sticky rubbers, but a classmate paired with a 1q rubber and donic coppa, and i have to tell, what a great setup! So my mistake in judge the speed. I think the same happened with the Primorac, anyway is a fact the plastic ball is slower than the celluloid ball ( poly ball, xsf ***; cell ball, double circle *)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
He is the one who wins. Both players are excellent. Look to see if the ball is going too slowly or without enough spin from either of them.
Of course both spin the ball, and they play a lot of much better than me, I have to say it, but the hit flat too sometimes, so I hope when I'll get bigger play like them, good video by the way.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here is a footage to my improvement, I'm still waiting the Bty blade, while I'm getting better with the donic

I want you to watch the video and watch particularly how the ball comes off your racket. On each shot watch how the ball comes off.

1) do you have any idea why the ball keeps coming off so differently on each shot?
2) do you know which ones are better than others?
3) when you hit, are you always aiming for the same spot or are you aiming at spots as different as the angles that the ball comes off your racket?

The ball feed from the coach is nice and consistent. What causes your shot to come off your racket so randomly?

You trying to figure out the answers to these questions could help you improve. That these questions are worth asking demonstrates some of the ways in which the blade you are using is hindering your progress: ESPECIALLY if you cannot feel the difference between the contacts on each ball that cause one to fly high and down the line, instead of cross court and another to drop low and down the line instead of cross court. Or the ones that are high or have dropped low that get shanked too far crosscourt.

Also watch your reset in the shots and notice how you are sometimes not ready until after the ball is on top of you. You need to be reset way way earlier. Ideally you should be reset as your ball lands on the far side of the table. In table tennis, having a very fast reset may be the most important part of the stroke.

Reactions: dominus7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
1) because my timing isn't adequate and my reset stance delays.
2) because my position, stance,timing and stroke is made in the correct way.
3) this time I just wanted to hit deep inside the table, not necessary to corner. This is a mistake that I realized after, because I should focus in just one place. Eg. Corner
4) I need to get more concentration and focusing, I know I can do it better. Just need more training.
5) Thanks for your help.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You need to know that part of what is going on is that your contact is completely different every time. You have no idea where you are hitting the ball. And it jumps off your rubber completely differently every time; well sometimes it slips off your rubber and drops instead of jumping off your rubber.

Part of this is because you are not feeling how different each contact is.

That is why you need the slower all wood blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
You need to know that part of what is going on is that your contact is completely different every time. You have no idea where you are hitting the ball. And it jumps off your rubber completely differently every time; well sometimes it slips off your rubber and drops instead of jumping off your rubber.

Part of this is because you are not feeling how different each contact is.

That is why you need the slower all wood blade.

I'm still waiting the blade and rubbers from the foreigner buyer, because here get a Bty blade is difficult, there are a lot of counterfeits, and I prefer to get it from an external store, so i need to wait and while I'm waiting, try to improve with this blade, I can feel now, with which part i'm hitting, but not always can be ready for the best timing stroke, when I started I just even know the hit because the sound, but now is different. I'll try to change the recording perspective, so will be easier get a wider panoramic scene.