Bty Petr Korbel (Hungary) vs Tibhar Stratus Power Wood

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Someone knows why Petr Korbel is faster than Primorac and even waldner senso carbon? The last it has carbon but some say is slower than Korbel.

Considering the ply composition of course.

If you read through this thread I already explained that to you.

Head size and thickness are the main factors.

But a blade company can affect changes in speed by thickness of core and outer plies. And by how the wood is glued.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
If you read through this thread I already explained that to you.

Head size and thickness are the main factors.

But a blade company can affect changes in speed by thickness of core and outer plies. And by how the wood is glued.

I know, a mate tried both blades (wsc & pk) and said Korbel is faster, it's curious because at normal circumstances carbon makes faster a blade, but in this case an allwood is slightly faster. Thanks for your answer, I read the thread already, i forgot to write your description.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Carbon doesn't magically make a blade faster. Thickness and overall blade design still matter.
Yeah, but add carbon to a Primorac off- and will get a faster blade than Korbel,( magic it doesn't in TT by the way). So it's a factor to add speed a blade, and you're right thickness is a factor too, I thought a millimeter didn't not make a difference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yeah, but add carbon to a Primorac off- and will get a faster blade than Korbel,( magic it doesn't in TT by the way). So it's a factor to add speed a blade, and you're right thickness is a factor too, I thought a millimeter didn't not make a difference.

If the carbon layer is thin, it may not be faste than a Korbel. It might just vibrate a little less. It all depends on what the blade designer is trying to do. You can actually test blades for sound response with software to see their nodes and sweet spot behavior. I know one web forum guy who will return a blade after seeing the frequency chart and whether it fits blades he likes or not. I really should be that disciplined.

This user has no status.
Here's the 3 of 4 I got when I came across the 12. The other one I got is the 97 one.

d09759fb384544ed965133c24f65278f.jpg
6d59948c27eb810c68b7f6bba60b8d4d.jpg

This user has no status.
This Anatomic one is 86-88 gram.

The ST euro one is 92 gram.

I used to have two other Korbels (bought around 2006) 88 and 91 grams.

Owning more than half a dozen, and had actually weighted about 2 dozens, I can say Korbel is not very heavy blades.

Reading on forums since about a decade or so, yes I've read some encountered heavy ones 93-99 grams. Based on my own experience though, the heavy ones are much less in number. Part of the reason why I bought the heaviest one I encountered, the 97 gram is just that, it was the heaviest I've encountered so far. It being one of the good feel blade out of the dozen plays a big part as well as to why I bought it.
46c44325b64dca69d37d5b073b11c7bf.jpg
788584fcb712ded146aa4d86ee0f21fe.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
This Anatomic one is 86-88 gram.

The ST euro one is 92 gram.

I used to have two other Korbels (bought around 2006) 88 and 91 grams.

Owning more than half a dozen, and had actually weighted about 2 dozens, I can say Korbel is not very heavy blades.

Reading on forums since about a decade or so, yes I've read some encountered heavy ones 93-99 grams. Based on my own experience though, the heavy ones are much less in number. Part of the reason why I bought the heaviest one I encountered, the 97 gram is just that, it was the heaviest I've encountered so far. It being one of the good feel blade out of the dozen plays a big part as well as to why I bought it.
46c44325b64dca69d37d5b073b11c7bf.jpg
788584fcb712ded146aa4d86ee0f21fe.jpg
Any FL?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I've got the blade!!! Isn't heavy at all!!! 90 grs and is lighter than the donic waldner senso carbon

A well balanced 90 gram blade can feel lighter than a head-heavy blade.

Senso means the handle is hollow. That makes the blade head heavy which actually means it is a heavier blade than the weight, but the handle has been hollowed.

Usually a 85 gram blade with a hollow handle is really a 93-95 gram blade with weight taken out of the handle. The head is still the head of a 93-95 gram blade. So it feels like a 93-95 gram blade.

That is the marketing scam of the hollow handle.

They can say it is 85 grams. It ends up having good feeling because it is really a heavier blade. And the hollow handle does actually let you feel more.

But I would still rather have the handle more solid and have the weight in the handle. The better balance gives you a faster whip and a more effortless stroke and reset. The head heavy blade makes your stroke feel more sluggish and labored.

In the end, whatever you are used to still really works though.

Glad the blade came.

When it is suited up, post a photo of your new weapon of mass destruction.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
A well balanced 90 gram blade can feel lighter than a head-heavy blade.

Senso means the handle is hollow. That makes the blade head heavy which actually means it is a heavier blade than the weight, but the handle has been hollowed.

Usually a 85 gram blade with a hollow handle is really a 93-95 gram blade with weight taken out of the handle. The head is still the head of a 93-95 gram blade. So it feels like a 93-95 gram blade.

That is the marketing scam of the hollow handle.

They can say it is 85 grams. It ends up having good feeling because it is really a heavier blade. And the hollow handle does actually let you feel more.

But I would still rather have the handle more solid and have the weight in the handle. The better balance gives you a faster whip and a more effortless stroke and reset. The head heavy blade makes your stroke feel more sluggish and labored.

In the end, whatever you are used to still really works though.

Glad the blade came.

When it is suited up, post a photo of your new weapon of mass destruction.

Here is it!!!
94ef5ac199541d2c5cd0646d55699bb1.jpg
f3a9785dd0872934219043a357fd4837.jpg
e0afe8b4b67acfd8d459808a6fbae832.jpg
4c8a0980202f63fb62a586a7675f14dd.jpg
36c3e0abb8af626a0263e8e2ffb280b1.jpg

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I would like to try a Petr Korbel FL, only I'd like a thicker handle. Past Korbels were thin. I read somewhere that some (?) had a thicker handle.
This is not thin handle, it had the same thickness than the donic

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: chuckjordan2