Bty Petr Korbel (Hungary) vs Tibhar Stratus Power Wood

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Can I joint the spirit of this thread and ask if there is any point in switching from an Allplay to a Primorac? :D

If you like messing around with blades, it is cheaper than buying and messing round with cars, But if you want to improve your game, the question is why? If you answer the question of why, then you can see whether there is any point or not.

Reactions: dominus7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I play with the Allplay at the moment but also have a Primorac that I bought from ebay only because it was relatively cheap (and I liked the look of it). Considering that both are supposedly the exact same wood composition, there's got to be something about the Primorac that justifies its nearly double RRP.

It is in search of this something that I maybe want to go, but not at the expense of disrupting my quest to become a decent player one day.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I play with the Allplay at the moment but also have a Primorac that I bought from ebay only because it was relatively cheap (and I liked the look of it). Considering that both are supposedly the exact same wood composition, there's got to be something about the Primorac that justifies its nearly double RRP.

It is in search of this something that I maybe want to go, but not at the expense of disrupting my quest to become a decent player one day.
They are both good blades. The pricing difference is really Butterfly pricing and reputation IMO. Which blade you prefer is a personal thing. I know players who are better than I am who use blades cheaper than mine. You may agree with Butterfly estimation, you may not.

Last edited:
Reactions: dominus7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Can I join the spirit of this thread and ask if there is any point in switching from an Allplay to a Primorac? :D
Good question.
:)
If you like messing around with blades, it is cheaper than buying and messing round with cars, But if you want to improve your game, the question is why? If you answer the question of why, then you can see whether there is any point or not.

NL has a good point here.

@Dominus7: No offense, but i don't think you're doing yourself much of a favour by worrying too much about equipment at this point of your development.
IMHO you should just grab any allround paddle with inverted allround rubbers on and instead lay your focus on your technique.
As Carl wrote, your contact points are rather coincidentally and pretty randomly. In your case i would try to fix that first. But that might just be me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Good question.
:)

NL has a good point here.

@Dominus7: No offense, but i don't think you're doing yourself much of a favour by worrying too much about equipment at this point of your development.
IMHO you should just grab any allround paddle with inverted allround rubbers on and instead lay your focus on your technique.
As Carl wrote, your contact points are rather coincidentally and pretty randomly. In your case i would try to fix that first. But that might just be me.
If you took the bothering to read the thread you should have realized that what I'm doing after the Carl's advice, anyway thanks for your opinion. [emoji108]

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I'm sticking with my Allplay but switched the Acuda S2 on my fh to a tenergy 05. No doubt my coach wouldn't approve but he's on holiday :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I am switching to the Korbel. There is something about the head heaviness and the weight that makes it feel better when I loop. Hopefully, my shoulder will survive it.

That is a reason why I stick with SPW. Despite the fact that a part of me hates the resulting weight. To the point that sometimes I want to swtich to an 80gr blade with a small head.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
That is a reason why I stick with SPW. Despite the fact that a part of me hates the resulting weight. To the point that sometimes I want to swtich to an 80gr blade with a small head.

Haha... IMO, Korbel has better balance than SPW. I could only use Hexer confidently on the SPW given its weight.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
I am switching to the Korbel. There is something about the head heaviness and the weight that makes it feel better when I loop. Hopefully, my shoulder will survive it.

Will you play the korbel with Karis M ? Is your Vega pro not head heavy ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Will you play the korbel with Karis M ? Is your Vega pro not head heavy ?

The mistake I made was to switch to my back up Vega Pro to get more experience using it. The blade is much lighter and different. Now I am back with my original, I am fine again. The one thing I am noticing is that I like a narrower neck. The Vega Pro and the Tibhar KJH are similar in that regard.