Bulgaria Open 2018

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
There comes the umpire with Ding Ning's tomahawk service, but she's vaccinate now and doesn't insist anymore when is crucial

Nice start for Ishikawa, If she keeps like that had a real chance, tho my baby won't let it happen hopefully

Enviado de meu SM-J500M usando o Tapatalk

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
What happened to the hand sign? I thought ITTF passed the rule. Why aren't the umps using that?

Why don't you just retire, Ishikawa?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Good question, before worked as a charm, now at least for me seems ineffective and I spotted maybe wrongly that she kinda lost the points really often with this service
Why does DN use the reverse tomahawk serve? It never seems to cause difficulties for her opponent.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Her own answer.

Thank you very much!!! I really like her speaking videos. But (obviously) top players already got more used to it, specially Chinese and now it doesn't cause that much effect tho. Thinking more about it, it's still a great weapon in service

Reactions: zeio
Jan 2018
7:7, 2 games apiece. DN got 2 points off her tomahawk serve.

Got 2 more at the start of 6th game. 2 more at 2:2. She's using that serve exclusively now and it works wonder.

Count the points she got in 6th game alone and tell me that's not effective.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
About this match, a bit disappointed, but not surprised. Ishikawa started real strong and seemed to have a real chance, but... Not today

Jan 2018
Just retire, Ishikawa.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Kasumi got absolutely wrecked by the tomahawk serve. Still a good showing, considering her history against Chinese. Given the trajectories of JNT players, she and Mima Ito are the two most likely to make it for 2020.
ps: Harimoto should start using tomahawk purely for the sake of us calling him Tomo Hawk.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Yeah, Zeio! You're right! Hehehe

But the last opens, maybe it's just a bad impression it really gaves me the impression that isn't that effective anymore, but again, probably I'm just not paying attention enough

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Why does DN use the reverse tomahawk serve? It never seems to cause difficulties for her opponent.
I suspect many of her opponents would disagree with you. I watched DN come back from 2 games down to lead LSW 3-2 purely on the back of her reverse tomahawk. LSW has played her hundreds of times, but couldn't get back into the game for a long time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
actually Mima ITO has beaten once DING Ning at Olympic qualifiers (not a very important match) and so did Miu HIRANO en route to her Asian Championship historical victory... HIRANO has been struggling since, but in form ITO can be a threat to the Chinese

So you think current Japan ranking for the OG2020 would be:
1. Ito
2. Miu
3 Ishikawa? or somebody else?
4. ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
That does not compute.
Cause by your reckoning, Malong's loss to Liam is also demonstrating the Peter principle.
Really silly comment, sorry.

Did you watch the match. Liam struggled to compete the whole match vs the chopper, actually fortunate to win one game.

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
So you think current Japan ranking for the OG2020 would be:
1. Ito
2. Miu
3 Ishikawa? or somebody else?
4. ?

1. ITO
2. ISHIKAWA
3. HIRANO

2020 is in 2 years time a lot can happen. HAYATA could take HIRANO's spot as well. If they allow a 4th player she'd definitely be in

Reactions: jawien