Butterfly Jun Mizutani ZLC (Rubber suggestions)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
No worries. I wouldn’t say it’s better, it’s just different. I prefer crisp blades because it gives me a sharp feedback. ALC feels slightly more dull to me. Just all preference.

From what I’ve read online, it’s pretty regarded that the MJ-ZLC is an easy to handle blade that intermediates can use.
That's true, slzc even better, auto block and auto counter, just hold your blade on a right angel. That's why I don't like szlc.

Reactions: Aijaz_000
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
No worries. I wouldn’t say it’s better, it’s just different. I prefer crisp blades because it gives me a sharp feedback. ALC feels slightly more dull to me. Just all preference.

From what I’ve read online, it’s pretty regarded that the MJ-ZLC is an easy to handle blade that intermediates can use.
Thanks a ton for all the clarification. :)

Okay, so I am assuming that it will be similar to G1. Thanks for the hint @Lazer :)
It’s been awhile since I played with G1, but it’s grippier with I think better spin. Speed wise they’re similar. I remember I wasn’t very impressed with G1 but I am with hybrid MK. But I don’t know what I would think of G1 today.

My current favorite list of FH rubbers:

1. Tenergy05/Tenergy19. But they give me problems in the short game so they are on hold for now.

2. Tibhar hybrid MK, have almost as good spin as T05, but the feeling of firing the ball out of a canon is not there. The brushing is great though.

3. Victas Ventus Extra, A little less spin and maybe a little faster than MK.

4. Nittaku Hammond Z2, slower than the ones above and less spin than Tenergy and MK, maybe a tie with Ventus extra, but excellent control. (Sorry brokenball 😉).

I am in progress of trying Chinese and real hybrids so the list may change.

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
It’s been awhile since I played with G1, but it’s grippier with I think better spin. Speed wise they’re similar. I remember I wasn’t very impressed with G1 but I am with hybrid MK. But I don’t know what I would think of G1 today.

My current favorite list of FH rubbers:

1. Tenergy05/Tenergy19. But they give me problems in the short game so they are on hold for now.

2. Tibhar hybrid MK, have almost as good spin as T05, but the feeling of firing the ball out of a canon is not there. The brushing is great though.

3. Victas Ventus Extra, A little less spin and maybe a little faster than MK.

4. Nittaku Hammond Z2, slower than the ones above and less spin than Tenergy and MK, maybe a tie with Ventus extra, but excellent control. (Sorry brokenball 😉).

I am in progress of trying Chinese and real hybrids so the list may change.
You forgot your signature!

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Thanks. By old you mean the sheets I am currently using or a new pair of the same rubbers?
Old or new, but the same model. I usually just transfer the rubbers I have been using to the new blade, as I have most adjusted to the amount of wear they have been subject to

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Thanks @JJ Ng I will keep this in mind. :)

How would you rate the spin/rotation capability of C1 compared to G1?
C1 is slightly less spinny than G1.

However, if your new blade is super fast and the ball just shoots out of G1 on your new blade, you are better off using C1 so at least there is some dwell time. And if that's the case, C1 will be more spinny than G1 in your case.

Yes, I really do not recommend you switching blades and rubbers at the same time. I tried it before several time and it was really a disaster. It just takes the fun out of EJ'ing.

So that's why I recommended a toned down version of G1 = C1 and a tone down version of Rakza 7 = Rakza 7 soft. If you want to enjoy your new blade, it is better that way. Then after three months of practicing, you can then say change the FH rubber again but the BH rubber the same. Then after 3 months, you can then move on to another BH rubber, etc. etc.

MJ ZLC is a pretty expensive blade. You want to enjoy the process.