Butterfly Rubber Cleaner Reviews?

This user has no status.
I am interested in purchasing Butterfly table tennis rubber cleaner, as my rubbers have proven very hard to clean, especially the H3 neo, and rubbing it with a damp cloth doesn't seem to do the trick. I felt that the damp cloth only helped for a moment, but due to the tacky rubber, a lot of the dust persisted to stay on.

Has anyone used the rubber cleaner (spray version specifically)? Would you recommend it?

If not, are there any other techniques as to getting dust off a very tacky rubber?

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I am interested in purchasing Butterfly table tennis rubber cleaner, as my rubbers have proven very hard to clean, especially the H3 neo, and rubbing it with a damp cloth doesn't seem to do the trick. I felt that the damp cloth only helped for a moment, but due to the tacky rubber, a lot of the dust persisted to stay on.

Has anyone used the rubber cleaner (spray version specifically)? Would you recommend it?

If not, are there any other techniques as to getting dust off a very tacky rubber?

Thanks.

The tried and tested Der Echte method works wonders.

1. Apply a smal amount of olive oil(about half a teaspoon) to the topsheet.

2. Spread the oil wìth ur fingers until the whole topsheet is covered.

3. Leave it for about 2 minutes.

4. Take a cotton cloth(i used a clean handkerchief) and wipe the oil off the topsheet.

5. Put a non sticky protective sheet on the rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
this method is for chinese style rubbers(tacky)

I dont know how it will work on grippy euro/jap rubbers.
This method is not effective on euro/jap rubbers. I tried it on my old coppa jo gold but after 1 day of playing it lost its grip. I mean nothing tacky or nothing special happened.
On the other hand Big Dipper(chniese rubber) is still tacky and i did the same treatment over 2 weeks ago.

...Rajd...

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
When I had a bat with Chinese rubbers I mostly used to clean it by initially wiping it with a damp sponge and a ml or two of washing-up liquid, followed by a wet cloth to get the detergent off ( an old dishcloth is ideal ) and finally one of those Joola sponges with the synthetic chamois leather wrapping to dry the rubber thoroughly. After this I applied Stiga rubber protectors, which stick like glue to tacky rubbers.

However I also have a bat with European rubbers and I often clean this with Tees Sport Rubber Cleaner and a Butterfly cleaning sponge. Seriously, Tees Sport's own rubber cleaner is going to be just as good as Butterfly's and it's about half the price ! This stuff does contain a solvent - it smells rather like isopropyl alcohol - so don't go sniffing it. I occasionally cleaned my Chinese rubbers with the same cleaner and they came to no harm.

This user has no status.
I dont use protective sheets on my tacky rubbers. I do use water and sponge to clean them and put them back in the case. In my experience, letting the rubbers air dry in a somewhat airtight case in a dark, damp area (such as leaving your case in a gym bag inside a gym locker) revives the rubber remarkably well. Using this technique I can most of the time lift up a ball with my tg3 neo and h3 neo for over a minute.

I use the butterfly cleaner (with VOC) very sparingly, just enough to loosen the grime. However, I make sure to wipe of any residue with water and sponge right after. I'm very picky about tampering with the top sheet (you can keep your olive oil).