Rubber for chinese loop technique

Without breaking your wallet, the most consistent among the DHS rubbers is Neo Skyline 3 (TG3). It’s slightly faster than H3 but the smaller pimple structures = clear feel.

Don’t buy the ones without sponge hardness get a 39 degree sponge and you will like it.

Hi Sff,

Is this the one you recommend in my pic attached?

I tried a friends new Skyline 3 provincial blue sponge 39 deg (3 layers FTL booster) on viscaria a few days ago just for a few minutes and thought wow that felt great except for my one hesitant hit where the ball just dropped.
I think I'll buy one of these from prott.
His was from tt11, although I'm convinced it doesn't matter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-15-10-32-15-46_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-15-10-32-15-46_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    1,019.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hi Sff,

I tried a friends new Skyline 3 provincial blue sponge 39 deg (3 layers FTL booster) on viscaria a few days ago just for a few minutes and thought wow that felt great except for my one hesitant hit where the ball just dropped.

Yes this is the one. The Neo layer should last at least a month

Reactions: Marc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Hi guys...
something is really strange with these sticky rubbers... in particular Battle 2 prov BS and Vega China.
In Comparison to my Fastarc G1 they are speedwise... like cannons.
It's like with G1 i could let the rubber get deep into the sheet. i could feel the dwell time.
With these hybrids i cant feel the dwell time. I think it's about the hard sponge (and maybe hard topsheet).
Currently i don't know if i like it. On the one side the loops are much more power and thus dangerous. But my error rate also skyrocked. Sure it's only 2 weeks and 6 training sessions.... but i really have to consider if i want to adapt to this.

What were your progression with these kinds of rubbers? Do you think the adaptation is worth it?
The reason you switched is because people can block your spin with G1 right? Considering you are already a semi high player why try switching it up? I would try a harder rubber insted of tacky. DNA Pro H is very good, only €30 on ali right now. If you want to stick to chinese rubbers stay with whatever you are currently using, chinese rubbers need to break in and you need to get a feel for it. There is no perfect solution but having fun with whatever.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Hi Sff,

When I tried Chinese rubber that was an issue I had. It is great for looping or also chopping or pushing but you always need to be active brushing the ball. If you just block the ball passively it isn't so good.

So if there are still a lot of situations where your footwork isn't good and you have to improvise and play emergency strokes it might not be so good for you.

Reactions: Marc
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Neo version is better i.m.o
That's my take too, but I've seen people that prefer the old. I have one too and can see why, it has more dwell and control is better. Tackiness with the classic sponge gives a nice holding feel, and when boosted it's very nice.

Hi guys,

sadly i'm currently on a massive EJ trip on my forehand side.

The background is simple. During the last year i found a technique which works for me. It was opening up my racket angle more and also hitting a bit more upward than forward. It's like the chinese loop technique many people talk about: hitting the ball through the sponge and simultanously also pulling a little bit more up to get the arc.

After a league game where i hit very hard and consistently four or five topspins in a row on forehand side with my Fastarc G1 and my opponent still could block it, i decided to give hybrids/chinese rubber a try. The first one was Vega China and damn... the rubber was way faster than my G1 on power topspins on the exact same setup. Sadly my unforced error quote also increased from like 5-10% to like 30-50%. So i went on and tried the Battle 2 pro BS. I was quite surprised that the B2 was slower but the main characteristics were the same. My unforced error quote improved to like 20% but still it's kinda unsatisfied to me. On top of that i really hate to clean the rubber consistantly with my breath during some points and nearly every game because of the dust.

I wonder if chinese rubber are worth the extra effort or if i should give the newer (unsticky) hybrids (like C48, MK, MX-S?) a chance.

Thank you. San
Just stick with Vega China. I liked it better than any of the newer hybrids (that I tried) or H3. I've tried multiple versions of H3 and H3 Neo, both boosted and unboosted. I've also tried Dignics 09c, a few Stiga hybrids, and Rakza Z Extra Hard. None worked as good for me as Vega China. It's really an underated rubber.

Harder blue sponge version i prefer normal aswel
I ordered one a few days ago, Skyline 3 Provincial Blue sponge 39 deg.
I made up my mind to buy it after trying my friends setup, which I thought was great on his Viscaria.

Patricks review from TT11 says he was deeply impressed with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I ordered one a few days ago, Skyline 3 Provincial Blue sponge 39 deg.
I made up my mind to buy it after trying my friends setup, which I thought was great on his Viscaria.

Patricks review from TT11 says he was deeply impressed with it.

Nice, let me know if you like it