Rubber for chinese loop technique

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
please, use only 2.1.
2.2 is terrible and 2.15 is… not good either.
2.1 is the best ball feeling.

tackiness is only useful with the old ball.
new ball is harder and faster, requires more power. tackiness does not do much to the new ball and slow your shot down.

I would choose Battle II over H3. The new H3 is hardly tacky. It has become very non-linear. Control is terrible.

Battle II has much better consistency and control despite slightly less spinny.

Dianchi D is a underrated great rubber. For $28 USD it outperforms Neo H3 provincial in control, consistency, feeling and spin.
I tend to agree that H3 (provincial orange) is not good but the Battle I silver I tried was worse. I have an H3 commercial sheet a some H3 neo’s. If they are not better I will ditch DHS.

Cheers
L-zr

I first started with Vega China. And i was suprised how fast this rubber was. The tackiness wasnt impressive tho.
Thats why i ordered the B2 prov. I read and saw in reviews that this rubber should be the most tacky out there. Well i was surprised. For me it doesnt feel like the tackiest rubber commercially available.
I did a pickup test. With the Vega China i could pick up the ball for about 0.5 seconds.
With the B2 it was about 1.0 - 1.5 seconds. In visual reviews this rubber could hold the ball like forever.
I dont think i got a fake rubber because i bought it from a very reputable seller in my country.
If you measure tackiness by how log a ball can be picked up, New Bloom power picked it up longer than 5s.

Cheers
L-zr

I just put a Battle II silver on one my Alsers. Haven’t played it yet, but very little stickiness about the same same as H3 provincial orange and it feels less grippy. Will probably take it for a test ride today.

Cheers
L-zr
Didn’t get to test this one much, was playing almost all the time with my Nittaku basalt blade, the blade feels great but H3 was a dussspointment, We’ll see if it changes when I played some more like it did with Bloom power.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
The adaption is definitely worth it,
Once you get used to it and train accordingly, you will not want to go back.
Your topspin loops will be much more deadly.
Your opponents will feel the pressure.
I feel like tensor rubbers are limiting in that sense.
It takes time and dedicated training to build the topspin habits that you want and need.

If you have more questions about switching/adjusting to the chinese technique with the new rubber:
ask here, in another thread, look on old threads, or pm me.
I went through that process and I am still improving but It would take some bad circumstance to take me back to non chinese forehand and even backhand rubbers.

PS: I can recommend the Nittaku Hurricane 3 Turbo blue, Ask the seller for the lightest sheet if possible because it can get a little heavy
Any tutorial to Chinese fh loop? I would appreciate for such. Would like to check what should I pay attention to, what should I change, I live in Europe no one can teach me chinese fh loop but I can try myself trying to adopt to Chinese rubbers.

Reactions: Fnub
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Any tutorial to Chinese fh loop? I would appreciate for such. Would like to check what should I pay attention to, what should I change, I live in Europe no one can teach me chinese fh loop but I can try myself trying to adopt to Chinese rubbers.
Im pretty sure you can find chinese coaches working in europe. Anyway i think modern techniques between chinese and the rest of the world are getting harder to differentiate... Footwork also. Just my opinion but i noticed some changes over the last 10years... Maybe due to modern play being so dominated by Fast BH exchanges, and also the rise or hybrid rubbers. How many young players truly play full arm swing FH or cover 80% of the table with FH?

says Feeling blue
says Feeling blue
Sep 2023
I think if u spend like a 130 CAD to get a dignics 09C, you could spend the exact same amount to get a blue sponge national hurricane (the one with CNT names on). No need to boost and play pretty easily (beginner friendly), if u boost it would be better and you just have to reboost every 1.5-2 months. I feel it's really worth the money now.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
A long time ago, a young man, hair still fully black and full of vigour; he was sent to the other side of the planet on a job secondment of some sort by his company for a couple of months. There while performing his task; he was acquainted with the locals specifically of the other gender. They wine, they dine, they laughed and they had good and wonderful time together. To this day, this man, still remember with fondness the acquaintances he met on that occasion. It has been so long even the names of those acquaintances have been forgotten.

A long time ago, a young man, while still a black haired youth full of vigour, he played with DHS neo Hurricane two and Friendship Battle 2. They loop, they spin, they laughed and have good time together. To this day, this young man remember with much fondness of these two rubbers.

P/s: The above stories are purely fictional and work of art. Any resemblance to any living person is purely coincidental.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: H3R0 and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
wow, not a single person can teach you in Europe?
there are so many training academies in Europe and many of them have Chinese coaching staff
are you searching in the wrong place?

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I would rather not looking abroad. In Poland, Warsaw it’s hard to find it. Everyone I know plays EU style if I’m not mistaken. Only amateur’s have some Chinese rubbers but rather for curiosity/price or EJing not they are qualified. All the coaches in the clubs are former players from that clubs and teaches EU styles.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
FOr me, adjusting to a loop with chinese rubber has been easy. the only difficult adjustment has been the smashes.....i lost match point in the tournament yesterday on a smash that went straight into the net. do you think boosting helps with this at all?
Chinese rubbers are not good for smash.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Thank you SFF_lib,
that video is priceless.
It's also incredible that the chinese are sharing their knownledge. Just insane.

says Feeling blue
says Feeling blue
Sep 2023
One thing i have to adjust about chinese rubber is that I hit more than brushed. Or I usually hit the ball with a flat angle and then close the angle on the brush. This thing helps me maintain the arc as well as the safety of my loop. With ESN rubber like Tenergy, brush is usually better, but now some ESN rubber like dignics or some hybrids also require you to hit the ball a bit more and then brush to get the best quality of the shot.

Reactions: Gozo Aruna
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I have D09C on my FZD ALC and sometimes I'm wondering whether is not to hard as I loose confidence when I see the ball doesn't fly to the net. Sometimes I can loop more technically than just hard hitting and the shot is so spiny that opponent struggled to block and return off the table which made me smile how it was possible. Still fighting inside whether just to put some H3 BS or Rxton9 on my FH and force myself to learn Chinese style looping w/o any excuses. Sometimes will be worse sometimes will be better. I've noticed that on my BH I probably prefer something softer like 45-48*, played well with Gewo SuperSelect 45 or FastArc C-1.
After Saturday tournament, it came to my mind to take off D09C and try D05