Can Michael Maze still reach the top 15 ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I know some people are not really a fan of him, but do you consider Michael Maze to be inside the Top 15 again or even Top 10? A lot of time has passed from his return and i'm wondering If he's still able to compete with the best players and be on Top.

What do you think?

Maze%20og%20Schlager.jpg

Photo by: Michael Maze Website

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
He is still ranked 18 I think so definitely can get in top 15 and can be top 10, remember even with little play and injuries he was a whisker from beating Ovtcharov in Olympics QF last year, if he can recover from his injury problems he can have a few more good years. It is unfortunate he had so many injuries recently, especially after he won the Euros in 2009 his form was superb at that point

Last edited:
Reactions: WiWa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
I'm just wondering what sets apart Michael Maze's style from the rest, what's different w/ his game???

He never gives up! Even after loosing 3 straight sets , he will never get cornered and continues to fight. His deceptive reverse pendulum serve, strong forehand looping , confident defensive play away from the table, his killer backhand sidespin makes him a lethal player!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I would say he cannot compete with top players. Main problem is his head, he is very nervous. Sometimes it seems he fights more with himself then the oponent. The other thing is his game is not consistent - after nice ball he makes a lot of stupid mistakes. You must consider the other players who are ranked lower then him, they keep pushing. So in my opinion he will rather drop down.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Actually, Maze has recently gone through two hip surgeries as he has been struggling with pains.

The doctors' latest forecasts were not so great: There's not more they can do now, so he just have to wait and see... :-(

No matter what, he's not scheduled to start training at the table again for another six months.

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Actually, Maze has recently gone through two hip surgeries as he has been struggling with pains.

The doctors' latest forecasts were not so great: There's not more they can do now, so he just have to wait and see... :-(

No matter what, he's not scheduled to start training at the table again for another six months.

So we won't be seeing him in Paris Jesper?

This user has no status.
Administrator
Oct 2010
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
This user has no status.
There's a long Interview with Schlager in the current issue of the german tabletennis magazine :) It's about the WSA and about TT in general and of course himself.. And he prepares well for Paris, so we'll see what he can do ;) But of course it's not enough to to be a real threat to the top players, that's what he says himself..