Can you boost Tibhar Evolution EL-D???

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Boosting is such a hassle anywayz, more power to all of you who can put up with it. I get more than enough spin from what I use unboosted, but maybe I should boost my knee and hip joints, yes that is something to look at to improve the performance of my crouch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Boosting is such a hassle anywayz, more power to all of you who can put up with it. I get more than enough spin from what I use unboosted, but maybe I should boost my knee and hip joints, yes that is something to look at to improve the performance of my crouch.
Boosting is not compared to the speed gluing days. I am just boosting now to get more juice out of the old ESN rubbers and hope that the rubbers fit onto the new blade better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Nah, boosting is a fun craft. Anyways, its so infuriating to see the rubber you love shrink down to a ridiculous size. If boosting helps to restore it, then its awesome.

And it really makes any plain chinese tacky rubber into a monster. Even a $11 rxton 5 with booster is a monster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
when compared to speed glue, boosting is a lot more easier
speed gluing before every match, or once in the morning, once in the afternoon. Now that is a hassle

I also need to find some booster for my legs and thighs. They are lost the bounciness of 10 years ago

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
when compared to speed glue, boosting is a lot more easier
speed gluing before every match, or once in the morning, once in the afternoon. Now that is a hassle

I also need to find some booster for my legs and thighs. They are lost the bounciness of 10 years ago
It would be nice to a simple booster for legs, hips, ankles, elbows and all those joints!

I did not speed glue in the speed glue days because I was using friendship 729 so speed gluing was not that helpful.

Those speed glue days were insane. I think on tournament days, people were literally speed gluing three times a day because those effects would wear off in 2-3 hours. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. I never speed glued.

With ESN rubbers costing $40 and onward, I really just hope to get more juice out of them when they wear done.

I have also heard that factory pre-tune (i.e. factory boosting basically) wears off after a while. Now I am paranoid that the new sheet that has been sitting at my home for some time (likes months if not a year or so) has lost some of the factory pre-tune effect. So maybe when I open it, I will put one layer of Falco boost on it. It is a bit crazy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It would be nice to a simple booster for legs, hips, ankles, elbows and all those joints!

I did not speed glue in the speed glue days because I was using friendship 729 so speed gluing was not that helpful.
729 is actually great with speed glue.
cheapest rubber in the world + speed glue was perfect

Those speed glue days were insane. I think on tournament days, people were literally speed gluing three times a day because those effects would wear off in 2-3 hours. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. I never speed glued.
correct, hence gluing before every match or once a session.
it was madness thinking back, but hey, everyone did it.

With ESN rubbers costing $40 and onward, I really just hope to get more juice out of them when they wear done.
Yes, booster helps with old / wear done rubbers. Can add some life, so the dollar index is a bit more worth its while.

I have also heard that factory pre-tune (i.e. factory boosting basically) wears off after a while. Now I am paranoid that the new sheet that has been sitting at my home for some time (likes months if not a year or so) has lost some of the factory pre-tune effect. So maybe when I open it, I will put one layer of Falco boost on it. It is a bit crazy.
I have not found that shelf life affects the pre-tune that much.
but fresher sheets would always be better.
some of the pre tune, after gluing would loose its wear after around 1 to 3 months (this is mostly the case with ESN). Pros change every month ,but mortals would change 3 to 6 months or maybe longer, so booster can save the buck a bit.

Reactions: JJ Ng and ttarc
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tuning is not needed for a lot of rubber for performance or extension of useful life.

I get HUNDREDS of hours out of Tibhar Aurus untuned, like 300+... and that rubber does every damn thing pretty damn well, but not the absolute best (ie T05/05FX gets 70% spin potential out of a 20% swing)

So I really have no need to tune to get some performance or extend the life.

Maybe way back when, in the early years of tuners, I would try it out to see what is what... all in all, it was too much work, time, and hassle/inconvenience to make it worth it.

You can get decent rubbers at low $30s to mid $30s USD a sheet if you buy 6-8 sheets at a time... so if you know what you want, it is pretty easy and you are not overspending.

I am talking about 3+ months out of a rubber even if you play it every damn day for hours... 6+ months for 10-15 hrs a week... we are talking about a $70 USD or less expense every 3-6 months...

C'Mon man, how Scrooge are U gunna be. That is pennies stuff.

Our sport seems to be filled with MILLIONAIRES who wear the same $3 white t-shirt (why is a damn TT player gunna wear a WHITE shirt with a white ball damn un-educated or insolent/indiffernt/don't give a damn about rules or ettiquette jokers)... and these richie rich jokas have the same 8 yr old rubber on their bat...

...and when they are asked to pay $40 a month for club membership that allows them play every day for hours a day... they cry a river to show how bad their character is.

These players WANT to play at a better level than the 50th percentile... but they too damn lazy, afraid, or cheepo to do what is needed to improve.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
729 is actually great with speed glue.
cheapest rubber in the world + speed glue was perfect

correct, hence gluing before every match or once a session.
it was madness thinking back, but hey, everyone did it.

Yes, booster helps with old / wear done rubbers. Can add some life, so the dollar index is a bit more worth its while.

I have not found that shelf life affects the pre-tune that much.
but fresher sheets would always be better.
some of the pre tune, after gluing would loose its wear after around 1 to 3 months (this is mostly the case with ESN). Pros change every month ,but mortals would change 3 to 6 months or maybe longer, so booster can save the buck a bit.
Lol, I did not know. I thought only people who played with Bryce speed glued. I did not know that hard sponge like Friendship 729 would do well with speed glue. I never got into the speed glue craze. But that is also back then I was young and I did not really know how to peel the rubber off and reglue it back on the blade that well.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Tuning is not needed for a lot of rubber for performance or extension of useful life.

I get HUNDREDS of hours out of Tibhar Aurus untuned, like 300+... and that rubber does every damn thing pretty damn well, but not the absolute best (ie T05/05FX gets 70% spin potential out of a 20% swing)

So I really have no need to tune to get some performance or extend the life.

Maybe way back when, in the early years of tuners, I would try it out to see what is what... all in all, it was too much work, time, and hassle/inconvenience to make it worth it.

You can get decent rubbers at low $30s to mid $30s USD a sheet if you buy 6-8 sheets at a time... so if you know what you want, it is pretty easy and you are not overspending.

I am talking about 3+ months out of a rubber even if you play it every damn day for hours... 6+ months for 10-15 hrs a week... we are talking about a $70 USD or less expense every 3-6 months...

C'Mon man, how Scrooge are U gunna be. That is pennies stuff.

Our sport seems to be filled with MILLIONAIRES who wear the same $3 white t-shirt (why is a damn TT player gunna wear a WHITE shirt with a white ball damn un-educated or insolent/indiffernt/don't give a damn about rules or ettiquette jokers)... and these richie rich jokas have the same 8 yr old rubber on their bat...

...and when they are asked to pay $40 a month for club membership that allows them play every day for hours a day... they cry a river to show how bad their character is.

These players WANT to play at a better level than the 50th percentile... but they too damn lazy, afraid, or cheepo to do what is needed to improve.
Agree on two aspects:

1) I almost always wait until I need a big order before I get it from TT11. So the ESN's are down to about $30-$35 a sheet. Like I said, I refuse to upgrade to the new ESN's that cost $55-$65 a sheet. At least not yet. I don't see a point.

2) I agree that overall the people who play ping pong tend to be on the wealthier side. But when you talk to them, they are not wanting to pay monthly club membership (they literally count how many times a week they go to the club and see if it is worth it) or pay for private lessons. I am like, if you want to improve, then just pay for a lesson or two say once a month. you don't need lesson every week. They seem to be waiting for me to give them free tips which I will do once in a while especially when we play doubles together and I hate to keep on losing. They don't even want to know what serve I am doing sometimes because they figured it would not have mattered either way. I have to feed them the signal and tell them to expect a certain ball coming back. When I serve underspin, I serve heavy underspin. When I serve topspin, I serve to jam the other person. My partner needs to know!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Lol, I did not know. I thought only people who played with Bryce speed glued. I did not know that hard sponge like Friendship 729 would do well with speed glue. I never got into the speed glue craze. But that is also back then I was young and I did not really know how to peel the rubber off and reglue it back on the blade that well.
every one, every rubber was speed gluing

booster is so much better in terms of work load and health
performance wise, speed glue is still superior.

Well the entire point of boosting the rubber for me was to return it back to the size it was went I put it on. If there were any added characteristics due to do the boost, that would be a bonus. The rubber came unglued from my blade because Saigon has insane heat and humidity. In a mere 7 days, it shrunk and didn't even cover the face of my blade anymore. What do you want me to do? Throw away a 7 day old rubber and buy a new one? Also, 7 day old rubber shouldn't shrink. That's a crock of crap in my opinion.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Well the entire point of boosting the rubber for me was to return it back to the size it was went I put it on. If there were any added characteristics due to do the boost, that would be a bonus. The rubber came unglued from my blade because Saigon has insane heat and humidity. In a mere 7 days, it shrunk and didn't even cover the face of my blade anymore. What do you want me to do? Throw away a 7 day old rubber and buy a new one? Also, 7 day old rubber shouldn't shrink. That's a crock of crap in my opinion.
I don't live in a humid area anymore. That sounds insane! 7-day old rubber shrinking!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

What other rubbers were good with speed glue and still available? After getting some cheap rubbers to try out for fun 😂

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Idiom: Devil will find works for idle hands

Meaning: When people say that the devil finds work for idle hands, they mean that if people don't have anything to do with their time, they are more likely to get involved in trouble and criminality.