Can you boost Tibhar Evolution EL-D???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I really like Falco Tempo Long Booster. I have another bottle that is not opened yet. I got regular Haifu sea moon when FTL was out of stock during COVID at TT11. Then I got Haifu sea moon national yellow because the Pong Professor recommended it on his youtube video. I have enough booster for 2-3 years probably. Yes I spend way too much money on these things but I will try to be frugal and work through some of my old H3 neo and ESN rubbers before opening new packages in my collection.....
I like Seamoon for Chinese rubbers but prefer Falco for ESN.

Reactions: SamTheMan and JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I've never tried Falco. The Seamoon was available locally for about 12 bucks.
I course mine from TT11.

Haifu Sea Moon Booster 100ml
$24.44

Falco Tempo Long Booster 150ml
$28.97

Haifu Sea Moon Booster National Yellow 60ml
$38.15

So FTL is the cheapest per ml. I just opened my second FTL. I guess I should open my Haifu regular and Haifu National yellow soon!

I will follow what Wrighty67 says, use Haifu on Chinese rubber and FTL on ESN rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
If you just hold up the rubber with 2 fingers in the center of the rubber, how much does the rubber curl? Mine curled about 30 degrees from totally flat.
No idea. I am not a very scientific guy. All three (EL-S, FX-P and T05 fx) all domed up. If you want to say 30 degree or so, that sounds about right. They just don't dome up as much as Chinese rubbers though. I have two sheets of Loki 3's (one pink and one blue) and they dome up almost 60-80 degree (like almost vertical!). I am trying out Loki 1, 3 and 5 right now. They are in the process of doming as we speak. I am surprised Loki 3 domes up much more than Loki 1, followed by Loki 5 which is barely doming right now. I plan to put them on my Samsonov Blue blades and see how they play.

Hello everyone. I'm checking back in regarding the boosted EL-D. I don't think it necessary to boost right out of the package, but I can 100% recommend a boost to revive your sponge and bring it back to normal size after the factory booster wears off. I've been playing with it for about a week and I am super happy with it. Very very good. Fast, high spin, and easy to control. EL-D is super easy to access the speed/spin even before boosting. In my opinion, it's even better now.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hello everyone. I'm checking back in regarding the boosted EL-D. I don't think it necessary to boost right out of the package, but I can 100% recommend a boost to revive your sponge and bring it back to normal size after the factory booster wears off. I've been playing with it for about a week and I am super happy with it. Very very good. Fast, high spin, and easy to control. EL-D is super easy to access the speed/spin even before boosting. In my opinion, it's even better now.
Great! That's my impression too. I like boosting my 2-3 year old EL-S, FX-P and T05fx. They play pretty well on my backhand side.

Reactions: ericd937
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well I took out a old sheet of EL-D today to test it. It is shrunk quite a bit, but I found that there really isn't enough catapult on the BH side and also the throw angle seems to be quite low. I find that all of my shots tend to land short on the table if not in the net. So it doesn't feel good to me at all right now.

I will try boosting it as you suggested and see if that improves the rubber or not. Let's see if it is for real.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Well I took out a old sheet of EL-D today to test it. It is shrunk quite a bit, but I found that there really isn't enough catapult on the BH side and also the throw angle seems to be quite low. I find that all of my shots tend to land short on the table if not in the net. So it doesn't feel good to me at all right now.

I will try boosting it as you suggested and see if that improves the rubber or not. Let's see if it is for real.
One layer is good enough. No need to use 2 or 3 layers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
One layer is good enough. No need to use 2 or 3 layers.
IMG_20230615_225651.jpg

Well here goes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well i tested the boosted EL-D today. I think it did improve a little bit possibly, but not enough to fix the real problems. I still was hitting a lot of shots into the net. Balls still felt short to me. Is it just known for having a low throw angle or something?

Next time I will try the ELD on a different blade to see if I can correct it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Well i tested the boosted EL-D today. I think it did improve a little bit possibly, but not enough to fix the real problems. I still was hitting a lot of shots into the net. Balls still felt short to me. Is it just known for having a low throw angle or something?

Next time I will try the ELD on a different blade to see if I can correct it.
Got it. Did it expand a bit more so it is easier to stick on your paddle? You said it shrunk quite a bit when you took it out!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Got it. Did it expand a bit more so it is easier to stick on your paddle? You said it shrunk quite a bit when you took it out!
Sure it expanded a bit. I think it might shoot a bit farther and deeper too, but still too many net balls.

I have another blade that I think might work better on it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Sure it expanded a bit. I think it might shoot a bit farther and deeper too, but still too many net balls.

I have another blade that I think might work better on it.
Got it. Hope it works on the new blade.

I think I have finally moved on from Tibhar Stratus Power Wood. I am moving onto inner carbon blades so I am stripping Yinhe Big Dipper, Sanwei Target National and H3 neo from the wood blade to the carbon blades. On the backhand side, I am stripping Rakza 7, T64 Fx, and MX-S also off Power wood to put on carbon blades. I will give them one layer of boosting and transfer them. That's my next project! I did the stripping already but am kind of lazy to put the booster on.