Can you boost Tibhar Evolution EL-D???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Ive been playing for about 10 days with EL-D. It came loose from the blade and I took it off to reglue it (with normal DHS 15 glue). The rubber has noticably shrunk and lost some of its catapult. I'm thinking of using a light amount of Seamoon National Yellow to get the catapult and size back. What do you guys think?
I have the same idea

You should definitely try it. The rubber will expand a bit for sure, but i doubt the catapult will improve. But try it and let us know

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Of course you can. What is worst that could happen?

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Well I put one light for coat on about 2.5 hours ago. It's doming up pretty good. I'm only doing one application.
I would boost it if I were you.

I have an old old EL-S and I boosted it recently. It played fine. I am testing so many rubbers and blades combination right now, I am getting confused. I also did not remember how the EL-S played when it just came out of box like 2-3 years ago. But the boosted EL-S plays just fine with good catapult effect (the revolution series tend to have a bit more catapult effects than the Fastarc series).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I would boost it if I were you.

I have an old old EL-S and I boosted it recently. It played fine. I am testing so many rubbers and blades combination right now, I am getting confused. I also did not remember how the EL-S played when it just came out of box like 2-3 years ago. But the boosted EL-S plays just fine with good catapult effect (the revolution series tend to have a bit more catapult effects than the Fastarc series).
did the EL-S gain some catapult after boosting?

Reactions: JJ Ng
Well I just glued it. I guess it's been about 15 hours or so since I put the single light application of Seamoon. The rubber has returned to almost exactly the orginal size I cut it to. It might be like a millimeter bigger than when I first put it on. It had a medium sized dome from boosting when I went to bed last night. When I glued it, it was only still slightly curled. I will test it out in a few hours and let you guys know.

Also, it turns out that my booster is normal Seamoon Yellow, rather than the National one. This is exactly the website I ordered it from as this shop is in my city: https://bongban.fanciko.com/dau-tune/dau-tune-seamoon/ The bottle I received says 2022 on it, rather than the 2021 that is pictured in the link. Is the National Yellow a lot better than the one I got?

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yes, I use G-1 mostly on my backhand. So I can compare them pretty easily. The 2-3 year old EL-S, after being boosted, still feels more catapulty than my recently opened G-1 sheet.
which booster did you use?

I tried boosting EL-S before, and I never felt like it gained any catapult.

I just played a session with it. It's definitely back to at least it's original level of catapult, speed, and spin. Its maybe even a tad faster. I notice quite a big difference on flat hits. It was really exploding the ball back out and surprising my opponents. I noticed a bit of additional spin on serves as well. It didn't really make the rubber feel any softer at all, but it did restore the catapult feeling. I like it. Now lets see how long it holds up.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I just played a session with it. It's definitely back to at least it's original level of catapult, speed, and spin. It maybe even a tad faster. I notice quite a big difference on flat hits. It was really exploding the ball back out and surprising my opponents. I noticed a bit of additional spin on serves as well. It didn't really make the rubber feel any softer at all, but it did restore the catapult feeling. I like it. Now lets see how long it holds up.
Great. I am glad you liked it.

That's why I have been reboosting my old H3 neo and some ESN rubbers and put them on different blades to try different combinations. I gotta reuse some of these old rubbers before I open new packages.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I gotta try this for myself. I never found much success for boosting esn rubbers.

You just did 1 layer?
I think he did just boost it with 1 layer? Maybe it is good to boost it with one layer so it does not make the sponge too soft?

My ESN sheets (EL-S, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X, etc.) were 2-3 year old. I boosted them with two layers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I always boost my T05 with a layer of FTL and love the effect - just a bit easier to play with all round (and sounds great)
I really like Falco Tempo Long Booster. I have another bottle that is not opened yet. I got regular Haifu sea moon when FTL was out of stock during COVID at TT11. Then I got Haifu sea moon national yellow because the Pong Professor recommended it on his youtube video. I have enough booster for 2-3 years probably. Yes I spend way too much money on these things but I will try to be frugal and work through some of my old H3 neo and ESN rubbers before opening new packages in my collection.....

I think he did just boost it with 1 layer? Maybe it is good to boost it with one layer so it does not make the sponge too soft?

My ESN sheets (EL-S, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X, etc.) were 2-3 year old. I boosted them with two layers.
Thats correct. I just used one light to medium-light application of booster.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I recently boosted a sheet of Fastarc G1 with 1 layer of seamoon, and I really couldnt see if there was any benefit.

Interestingly I have not boosted any G1. My ESN rubbers are 2-3 year old. I did not care if I boosted them and the sponges get too soft. If so, I would just throw them away. That's why I boosted them with two layers. So either it worked out well or I need to just dump them in the trash can. So far, I like them boosted. But heck maybe it is a placebo effect.

Would I boost a new sheet of (in my current collection) Rakza 7, Rakza X, Xiom Vega Europe, G-1, MX-S, etc? No. Some of them have plenty of catapult effects already and I want to control the rubbers.

But if they are 2-3 years old, I don't care at that moment.

FYI. I did boost a new Friendship 729 FX Super Soft sheet and it played terribly. I had to rip the sheet off. So I guess you should not boost everything either.