says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
The Chinese Men's National Team will take part in their closed training on the 17th March 2013 in preparation for the World Championships 2013! The Closed Training will take place in Chengdu and will last for 40 days. The National Team players will be in strict conditions in the aspects of training, gym, and food in order to make them peak for the World Championships in May!

closedtraining2013.jpg

Coach Liu Guoliang talks with Ma Long, Xu Xin and Zhang Jike - Photo by: Feng Li/Getty Images Europe

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest news, videos and more from this intense closed training for the Chinese National Team.

Administrator
Oct 2010
Some pictures of the Chinese National Table Tennis Team Training Center (Chengdu)

closedtraining20131.jpg

closedtraining20132.jpg

closedtraining20133.jpg

Reactions: Scorpnox
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
what are the people in the video saying? i know the focus is on ding ning, that is clear, but could you do a rough translation/outline for us?
thanks again for this great content though tommy! :)

Yes, it is a interview with Ding Ning. Ding said everyone wants to win the champion, it is one of the highest honors. The competition is open to all, they all have a strong competitive strength, if met teammates in tournament both of them will do their best.

Ding Ning also said she made ​​some adjustments in her technical since the London Olympics, but she not had enough systematical training for the new technical before and it also not good using in the games, so she hope she could got some new changes through this closed training.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Yes, it is a interview with Ding Ning. Ding said everyone wants to win the champion, it is one of the highest honors. The competition is open to all, they all have a strong competitive strength, if met teammates in tournament both of them will do their best.

Ding Ning also said she made ​​some adjustments in her technical since the London Olympics, but she not had enough systematical training for the new technical before and it also not good using in the games, so she hope she could got some new changes through this closed training.

thanks so much for that tommy, thats really helpful! :)
interesting to see what the chinese players have to say about certain things etc

Administrator
Oct 2010
The Chinese National Team are now back in closed training in preparation for this years WTTC.

Yesterday the Chinese National Team used basketball as their warm up :) According to sources Ma Long scored the most 3 point shots. Some nice photos below:

Xu Xin, Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Wang Hao :)

baa6b251jw1e3tu3vh3yxj.jpg

Zhou Yu, Yan An, Chen Qi, Hao Shuai, Fang Bo, Qiu Yike :)

3bc674a4jw1e3u79gil4cj209v0dmdhu.jpg

Xu Xin :)

3bc674a4jw1e3u4u19pqtj209v0dmgn5.jpg

Aug 2012
7.0-magnitude quake hits SW China's Sichuan :(

A 7.0-magnitude earthquake hit Lushan county of Ya'an city in southwest China's Sichuan province at 8:02 am Saturday Beijing Time, according to the China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC).

The quake was strongly felt by residents in Sichuan's capital city of Chengdu, which is about 140 kilometers from Ya'an.

(15:20) 78 have died and over 500 are injured in the earthquake according to the Sichuan Emergency Management Office.

====================

Many CNT players said on Weibo it was the first time they experienced the earthquake, fortunately Chengdu was not influenced a lot by the terrible earthquake, but their training plan was affected by this earthquake.:(

6910f821jw1e3vx6vpb16j20e609ign8.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 2012
An interesting training methods for serve (placement) :D

9 service placement (9 pieces of paper ) on the table, Liu Guoliang randomly assigned the every serve placement, and all guys stood by said will make a lot of noise to interfere with the server.

Some CNT player's results:

Zhang Jik: 3/9 (3 balls served at the right place)

3bc674a4jw1e3xl4wip12j20dm0a60u0.jpg

Xu Xin: 2/9

3bc674a4jw1e3xlfcgavgj20dm0a6jsp.jpg

Ma Long: 3/9

3bc674a4jw1e3xlkg6a5ij20dm0a63zs.jpg

Ma Lin: 3/9

3bc674a4jw1e3xlykme7vj20dm0a6dh5.jpg

Wang Hao: 4/9

3bc674a4jw1e3xm460zo2j20dm0a6gmy.jpg

Sourcing from Li Wujun's Weibo account on Sina.